Page 417 of 430 FirstFirst ... 317367407414415416417418419420427 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4299

That's not my experience at all. Fighter has great combat mobility so if you're in melee range of an enemy, relocating so you hit the front is super easy. This is only an issue if whomever holds aggro is running around like a spaz, making the enemy move as well - but in that case I wonder how did they get aggro in the first place.

And yeah, it's true that you are left with one SP, but there are other skills you can dip into with that - Rare Mastery Fighter, Chase Advance, Step Advance, Adrenaline.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Jul 3, 2017 at 07:19 PM.

My bad, not regular deus but Gracia. There was a definite difference in damage any time he looked the other way.

Can somebody give me the skinny on being a Double Saber main? How to mob efficiently, and best way to nuke bosses, using TAJA for both rotations? Would prefer Double Saber only related strats...I love me the Double Saber.

Kamaitachi ring is your friend. Must be maxed out, must be on all the time.

Mobbing: DS excels here. The plan is to max out your gear and, while the whirlwinds from PAs are still going, use Chaos Riser. That way you deal massive damage while the whirlwinds still damage whatever survives, quickly refilling the gear back up.

Good PAs here are Tornado Dance (crafted) for getting in close while still doing damage, Acro Effect or Rumbling Moon for gear building, and Chaos Riser of course. Deadly Circle (crafted) for when enemies surround you and you don't want to unleash the Riser just yet. It also has auto-parry from all directions which is very handy.

For bossing, other weapons do better but suit yourself. Damage here is dealt by TAJAing from something fast into Illusion Rave. By something fast I mean usually Scissor Edge, but don't forget about Acro Effect and Deadly Circle either - they have auto-parry, from the front for the former, all directions for the latter. Circle's single target damage sucks though, while Acro Effect's is alright.

^ this pretty much.

Just adding on a bit to the bossing segment, Fake Capture has really high DPS too, but on some targets is hard to connect a full hit because of its slightly wonky hitbox, but on targets it works on it's really strong.

Chaos Riser is often only recognised for its mobbing potential, but what is overlooked is it's bossing DPS which is actually higher than Illusion Rave. The downside is obviously it can't proc kamaitachi, but if you TAJA into it while you already have 2 kamaitachi up and running your gear should be full by the time you go for the next JA.
    Last edited by escarlata; Jul 5, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

Adding to the above, Chaos Riser spamming doesn't work. It depletes gear and with an empty gear gauge the damage isn't that good. Illusion Rave fills gear by a decent amount so Taja with those two (and maybe Fake Capture) should work well.

Speaking of Fake Capture, the real damage is from the ground slam but that's a bit slow and can miss on fast mobs and bosses or those that are not on the ground.

For those / midair combos you can substitute Fake Capture with Rumbling Moon.
    Accro Effect has apparently good dps and fills gear gauge well but I have trouble finding a good use for it because I rather just step instead of relying on a part of a pa to get out of the way. And for Taja it doesn't work well cause of the back jump. It seems like Surprise Dunk would work but if used in midair it has no forward movement and Tornado Dance is far better crafted but must be charged and either way has a far too long distance.

Also, Surprise Dunk is a very good gap closer cause Tornado Dance has such far reach and gets very inaccurate if enemies are not that far away. Has as stun effect but is also good against bosses too far for Illusion Rave or Fake Capture but too close for Tornado Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Adding to the above, Chaos Riser spamming doesn't work. It depletes gear and with an empty gear gauge the damage isn't that good. Illusion Rave fills gear by a decent amount so Taja with those two (and maybe Fake Capture) should work well.
    Iirc, Chaos Riser linking from Illusion Rave usually does not fill gear back to full before the next PA actually because one of the 2 kamaitachi from Rave would have ended mid-CR, so the following Rave actually ends up generating a Gear 2 kamaitachi. So usually you should TAJA into Moon/Fake from Rave instead, and then close out with CR which brings your back to Gear 3 when you start your next sequence. Either that or just keep to TAJA with Rave>Moon and only use CR at the end of a DPS window when you can't fit another Rave
    Last edited by escarlata; Jul 6, 2017 at 07:17 AM.

Yeah, but it's around half gear which is pretty good. You'd need to Taja with at least 2 other pas besides Chaos Riser to max gear again but that of course affects dps and aoe a lot so I don't know if it's actually higher mobbing dps.

Maybe someone can do the math.

Pretty sure so long as you can always keep 2x gear 3 kamaitachi up any combo with CR will always outdo any combo without. Assuming it's against a straight out punching bag like Magatsu I believe it is sth like Moon>Rave>Moon>Rave>CR>n3>repeat.

At the end of the day the difference between "optimal" combo and the "lazy" combo is not gonna be that large, 3-5% difference at best from approximation. The real difference comes from throwing out a CR instead of a Rave when you know a DPS window is not gonna be enough for you to complete a Rave, because of how bulk of its dmg is on the last hit. So for Deus it will usually be sth like Fake(whiffed for fast TAJA and kamaitachi)>Rave>Fake>CR.
    Last edited by escarlata; Jul 7, 2017 at 09:42 AM.

Whiffed fake does not generate kamaitachi just fyi. it's a grapple PA, so it has to hit something for the PA to activate the ring.

If you know a dps window is going to end, you're better off doing deadly archer/rumbling moon/acro effect/fake capture/scissor edge/uncharged tornado dance. The reason being is because next time you dps, you have to spend time refilling gear again which is a huge downgrade in dps. The PAs I listed above are all similar dps wise (lowest being scissor edge but also the quickest), but if you want the most out of your PP, then probably fake capture if it's a stationary hitbox, or scissor edge/acro effect for something moving.