Page 392 of 430 FirstFirst ... 292342382389390391392393394395402 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4299

Sorry if I'm a total noob, but is there a reason why iron will isn't in your FI/HU build? It seems to me it'd be useful for a fighter who needs survivability.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention I'm a CAST. In this situation do you think Adrenaline is still a good point?

It is. The Hu/Fi is the one on top, and my Fi/Hu is on the bottom. Unless its not displaying properly or something

Oh my bad, i had them switched up. So you don't have iron will in hu/fi?

Also, is adrenaline still viable if I'm a cast who doesn't regularly shifta/deband myself?

I do have it, but I left those points open in case you wanna use Automate or whatever. And yeah I find Adrenaline useful in stuff like MBDs where I'm frequently alone bossing and such

Ah I see. Okay. Thanks so much again!

@shadow/selling I generally don't critque but there are some pretty serious issues with your builds. Starting with the hu/fi build, anything past 1 point in rare mastery is completely worthless, you completely skipped automate (I know you left some points to spare) and while it can be skipped massive hunter is incredibly useful. You maxed charge parrying which isn't necessary, nor is healing guard. Also, at least one point in Iron Will is useful. For the Fi tree, flat boosts are the absolute last thing you want to put points into. Those points would be better put into the chase skills as during MPAs status effects are rather common.
    I would suggest changing it to something like this for Hu/Fi: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

The Fi/Hu build same issue, flat boosts are generally a waste and you really want massive hunter. You also want one point in war cry at least for utility purposes. You can also skip the point in D Saber Wind Parry and put that point in chase advance into crazy heart.

Something like this for Fi/Hu would be better. http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

Apologies if I come off as rude but I figured I would say something since nobody else has.
    Last edited by lnvisible; Sep 15, 2016 at 02:53 AM.

0/10 Fury Combo Up, is this a joke?

Thanks I didn't realize I accidentally put 2 points into the skillsim for Rare Hunter Mastery. And I've literally never found a use for Massive Hunter on Fi even in Ult/MBDs because Deadly Circle is broken in tandem with Chaos Riser, and you shouldn't be getting hit in single target situations anyway. Your Fi/Hu tree is pretty much the same as mine without a point of Chase Advance and DS Wind Parry, and two more in Crazy Heart. I find Chase Advance to be a cherry on top in general mobbing situations. Maxing Chase on Hu/Fi is cool and all if you're using it in purely mobbing situations but in bossing stuff its pretty useless so thats why I opt for straight damage boosts. You could make a separate tree for Chase and Bossing but Hu/Fi is not my main so I don't care enough to do that. Also the lack of Fury Combo Up is just...no.
    Last edited by ShadowStarEdge; Sep 15, 2016 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStarEdge View Post
    Thanks I didn't realize I accidentally put 2 points into the skillsim for Rare Hunter Mastery. And I've literally never found a use for Massive Hunter on Fi even in Ult/MBDs because Deadly Circle is broken in tandem with Chaos Riser, and you shouldn't be getting hit in single target situations anyway. Your Fi/Hu tree is pretty much the same as mine without a point of Chase Advance and DS Wind Parry, and two more in Crazy Heart. I find Chase Advance to be a cherry on top in general mobbing situations. Maxing Chase on Hu/Fi is cool and all if you're using it in purely mobbing situations but in bossing stuff its pretty useless so thats why I opt for straight damage boosts. You could make a separate tree for Chase and Bossing but Hu/Fi is not my main so I don't care enough to do that. Also the lack of Fury Combo Up is just...no.
    For MH you could drop the points down to 1 strictly for the utility but it not only reduces damage but provides incredible SA that's useful in many situations. There are situations its better to take the hit and stick on something for example, especially where Hu is concerned. The 2 more points in crazy heart would be more useful than the one point in chase and the DS wind parry. If the tree is strictly for bossing then there's far too many points in war brave, you would need 5 targets to get full use of it so you could opt to take all but the 1 utility point in war cry and put them in fury combo. However I find having the utility of other skills trumps the small boost of fury combo as it doesn't infinitely stack and has a rather steep point cost for a small increase that would be better spent elsewhere. Either way, having 11+ points in for a sub 5% damage boost while missing extremely useful utility skills seems like a bad choice as you would get the same effect just maxing out fury combo, but to each their own.
    Last edited by lnvisible; Sep 15, 2016 at 08:21 AM.

Yeah you can drop a point in DS Wind Parry but I've had that there forever so that's why it's currently on my tree. A free 10% boost to damage in mobbing is more valuable than a point in Crazy Heart because that's only ever active when you're under LB anyway. Massive Hunter is still useless to me, and is especially so in Hunter because you have tons of Super Armor on your PAs anyway. And with how mobile Fighter is, and how great of tools Acro Effect and Deadly Circle are I don't see why you need to "take the hit" when you can properly utilize your tools and just not get hit.

As for Hu, yes you're right that War Brave is useless for bossing. But as I said, I don't wanna have two trees for bossing and mobbing. Hitting 5 targets is extremely easy to do in any type of mobbing situation, and even some bossing (Ult boss codes). You're spending far less in War Brave than you would be to max out Chase. Also investing so heavily in Chase is just impractical anyway, because in practice in MBDs and most type of trash mob EQs any good MPA would be blowing up most mobs before you even got to them.
    Last edited by ShadowStarEdge; Sep 15, 2016 at 11:43 AM.