Page 13 of 430 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    I'll be going with this build. I find myself more behind enemies with Deadly Archer'ing their asses and the damage up is bigger for wise stance than it is for brave stance. I'm aiming more for compensating the lack of weak spots on the backs than aiming for stuff with weak spots on the backs.
    That's the same build I'm looking at, too.

Ah, that makes sense. In that case I'll leave the Brave Stance at level 5 and Brave Stance Up at level 3 for when someone does the research for that.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Holy Shit, why didn't anyone tell me that Deadly Archer is chargeable??????
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Enforcer of Evil™

It was mentioned multiple times in this topic =o I did myself.

Discovered how godly this PA is once charged I guess? I don't use it that often myself, tornado dance + gear taking care of almost everything, but when that combo isn't enough, Deadly Archer is there, ready to be charged for massive damage on a single target.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

OP Updated with link to Fighter Skill sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    I can confirm this. Every gear tick, at level 3 when activated, deals damage equal to a normal attack (so 100%). It feels like every level = 33% of your base damage, but even a level 1 whirlwind already deals lots of damage. And yes, it also replenishes the gear bar!

They are an all around great weapon. I like to put Tornado Dance as my first PA, so I can whirlwind > Tornado Dance and crush mobs mercilessly. Even works on bosses.

Also, Wise Stance eats Tranmizer for breakfast. His weakpoint that he exposes when he cools down counts as a back point.

Did some tests on Big V's turrets and all : I did less damage with Wise Stance active, so they probably count as front points (Brave Stancers are going to love that fight). Oh and, with Rising Waltz, you can get to his cluster missile launchers (the ones next to the head), it requires to target his exposed weakpoint though, but at least it'll get that out of your way.

And I've looked at Wise Stance Up's description : it specify that it gives a damage boost when attacking from the back with Wise Stance active, so it doesn't apply to the front, sadly (would be so awesome if it did, increased damage in all circumstances? yes please).
    Tranmizer is actually easier to kill using Brave Stance, and so are a lot of other enemies through creative use of Deadly Archer and/or good positioning. In Tranmizer's case, if you stand as close as you can to the front of him while he's cooling down, you'll throw the blade behind him, hitting his weak point, and because you're standing in front of him, that's what's used to calculate the damage. No spacing required.

Another example that seems like it favors Wise Stance but can be handled easily with Brave is Kaltagot, the laser guys with the platforms on their backs. You can position yourself just in front of the side of their weak point, letting you hit them with Brave Stance's bonus easily. I frequently do this with Pendulum Roll.

I've got nothing creative for Slinky Dragon (yet), but the moral of the story regardless is "try some lateral thinking before you write off one stance or the other in a given situation".

Also, I'm ninety nine percent sure charging Deadly Archer does absolutely nothing. It's regardless more efficient to spam it unless you're only planning to use it once.

I'm thinking about going with this build:
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...2ebJInnIbnkIbf
    And then once the level cap raises...
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...2ebJIDAIbDxIbf
    That way I'm pretty much covered no matter what I'm fighting against.

I need ideas/opinions for what I should do with my points. Right now im almost lvl 30 and havent spent any points since i got twin dagger gear. I dont think im gonna get double saber gear as it'd be 8 points spent into something I probably wont use much (double sabers + wise stance, i tend to use brave stance + daggers constantly)

Should i max out s-atk 1 & 2@9 and brave stance up 10, brave stance 10 and leave hp up open for level 50
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OI2eIJbGAcoIbj

or s-atk 1&2 to 10, brave stance up to 10 and 5 into wise stance?

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OI2eIsOGAcBI2j

essentially, i guess i cant really decide if i should bother getting double saber gear, or max out brave stance & s-atks?

Er, you're not required to use Wise Stance while using a Double Saber or anything.

You're also really hurting your crowd control by not using Double Sabers at all, but it's not my effectiveness you're lowering, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Er, you're not required to use Wise Stance while using a Double Saber or anything.

You're also really hurting your crowd control by not using Double Sabers at all, but it's not my effectiveness you're lowering, I suppose.
    no but you're required to GET wise stance in order to get double saber gear.