Page 243 of 430 FirstFirst ... 143193233240241242243244245246253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 4299

Im confused about the tech arts skill. When does it activate and how do I use it? And also Fury Combo up from Hunter. I have to attack 10x in a row to get the max bonus? Isnt this impractical? Or does it activate immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    Im confused about the tech arts skill. When does it activate and how do I use it? And also Fury Combo up from Hunter. I have to attack 10x in a row to get the max bonus? Isnt this impractical? Or does it activate immediately?
    JAing a different PA from the one used previously proc's it (does not apply to vol graptor being JA'd itself). Max FCU just makes JA's do 10% more damage during fury stance (99% on this, the skill description is just horribly misleading).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    It activates if you JA a PA or Tech after another PA or Tech.

Fury Combo is a max of 10% damage, so whatever skill points you put in gives you that much damage per JA, to that max of 10%.
    So if you have it at five, it will give your first JA 5%, and your next 10%. If it's at 10%, you will get the max 10% right from the
    start. If you put only 1 point in, you would have to JA 10 times to teach that max JA.

Normal attacks can also contribute towards TAJA from what I've seen (from crits on falz arms, so not properly tested/controlled), i.e. PA1 > Norm > PA2.

Not sure about when normal attacks are the first one (i.e. Norm > PA1), or if step attacks are different from norm attacks for TAJA purposes.

Basically, it's like the description says: Bonus is applied for successfully just-ing an attack (norm or PA or tech) that is different from the previous one.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Thanks for the quick responses everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    It activates if you JA a PA or Tech after another PA or Tech.

Fury Combo is a max of 10% damage, so whatever skill points you put in gives you that much damage per JA, to that max of 10%.
    So if you have it at five, it will give your first JA 5%, and your next 10%. If it's at 10%, you will get the max 10% right from the
    start. If you put only 1 point in, you would have to JA 10 times to teach that max JA.
    This was a really good explanation! Sounds like I need to use another reset pass (and practice switching PAs).

Quote Originally Posted by Syklo View Post
    Normal attacks can also contribute towards TAJA from what I've seen (from crits on falz arms, so not properly tested/controlled), i.e. PA1 > Norm > PA2.

Not sure about when normal attacks are the first one (i.e. Norm > PA1), or if step attacks are different from norm attacks for TAJA purposes.
    From what I've seen, normal attacks do not trigger TAJA at all by themselves, but they don't interfere either if some are thrown between two different PAs. As long as the combo cycle keeps going, no matter the number of normal attacks in between, if the next PA you use is different from the last, you will get the bonus.
    So yes, PA 1 -> N. attack -> PA 2 works, but not N.attack -> PA 1, or Step attack -> PA 1.

PS: I don't think I've ever gone for more than four or five normal attacks between two PAs, so there might be a limit that I'm unaware of, but it would be pretty inconsequential.

The only weapon type which can step in the middle of Tech Arts JA is Knuckle, since it counts as a gear action or something like that.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...82%BF%E3%83%BC

There are examples of TAJA there, and wow, never knew that. Really doesn't make sense imo, but ah well, it's there. That's pretty awesome that
    apparently knuckle dodge doesn't interrupt TAJA.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post

Man, it took you both shifta and tree buff to put you above 2k attack.

This is what I have with PP-focused affixes (so only 60SATK/equip), on a newearl, with a Niren Kamui (698 SATK) equipped as opposed to a Meteor Cudgel (801 SATK). No Crazy or Line skills active since I have full HP/PP and no status effect.
    Spoiler!
    On top of that, you don't even have past minimum points in Halfline/Deadline Slayer so even with Limit Break up and my Limit Break down, comparing Meteor Cudgels I'd still have ~20% more attack and thus we'd be doing very similar damage.

You're sacrificing a ton of attack left and right in order to be able to tank anything with Limit Break up. Why not just play Hunter main, be able to tank all the damage with much, much less resources and thus be able to build up a sufficient amount of attack.

I should clarify that the assumption was for uncrafted weapons on FiHu builds. For FiBo and crafted weapons (and Craft Mastery definitely incentivizes crafting here), it'd be a bit different. I think I made that post comparing the two before FiBo became more popular and the buffs to crafting happened.

Anyways, the screenshot I posted above? The 20SP I invested in ATK instead ends up making 12% of my overall attack with all those buffs. That's more than Critical Strike + Fury Critical + Brave Critical average when combined! It helps that it'd be taking away from SATK UP 3 on HU tree (100SATK) and SATK UP 2/3 on FI tree (75SATK). I still have points in Critical Strike so I still get some amount of critical bonus damage (3% average whoo) and benefit from random crit sources in an MPA. Heck, I can even benefit from Shifta Critical and Critical Field if both happen to be in the same party/MPA!

It'd take ~4,000 net SATK for Fury Crit+Brave Crit to beat those static ups mentioned earlier, with those same buffs active, since all of those buffs multiply together. With a strong enough weapon, that figure *can* be reached nowadays, though. Ares's Knuckles at max attribute with +120/equip affixes wouldn't even need any Slayer/Crazy skills to hit that, but practically any other weapon a Fighter would use would have a hard time doing the same.
    ok, with Niren Kamui am lose 440 s-atk it is ~ 20% damage, LB compensates it to me, it is just another play style. I am sacrifice 20% damage for 30 second , but got a lot of defence. Also i am can change HP boost to ATK boost on XH, HP boost i am use in UQ.

My Play Style: use Double saber with balance between atk and def.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by FireswordRus; Feb 11, 2015 at 04:41 AM.

Hi Guys,

Been running on MY Fi/Hu for a while and I was hoping to get some feedback and ideas on where to spend those last few Hu points (or dump into s-att)

The builds focus is TD Limit breaking, using the manoeuvrability and Iron will to keep me on my feet so to say, I have 50/41 and so far looks to be working. Any feedback or tips would be appreciated! (Currently using a +10 Marie Nails)

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...008doIb0000008
    Last edited by Babbit55; Feb 11, 2015 at 08:05 AM.