Page 394 of 430 FirstFirst ... 294344384391392393394395396397404 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 4299

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    Went on a hiatus for quite a while, and used to run a pure Knuckles build before. Heard that DS are now really good so I got myself a decent DS and a kamaitachi ring. As a pure Knuckle user back in the days, there are some things I'm not entirely used to, which I need some help on.
    1. What is the DS primary defensive option? I understand that Acro Effect and DC-0 are good defensive PA but it feels extremely clunky to cancel into them in the middle of IR, especially compared to sway-Ducking Blow on Knuckles which feel so smooth. Is it worth picking up kamaitachi wind parry as a defensive option when kamaitachi ring is a thing?
    2. Which is better to TAJA into IR? Scissors Edge, Rumbling Moon or Acro Effect? They seem to overlap a lot in terms of what they do.
    3. Are Fake Capture and Deadly Archer even worth using now? FC feels particularly clumsy to use with its weird hitbox and DA just feels very underwhelming.
    4. Are Volg comboes from Fuuga even worth using anymore outside of Exodas?
    5. Is WR-0/QM into Orchestra still the optimal combo for TD? I read a few pages ago that Fall Nocturne comboes are stronger in the right circumstances, but still don't quite understand how high I need to be above ground for Fall Nocturne to deal it's full number of hits. A video of FN used in a practical way would be good too.
    1. Acro Effect, Deadly Circle Type-0 and step are the main defense option. Wind Parry is not necessary, as it reduces DPS more than simple step when canceling lengthy PA due to overwritten TAJA'ed Kamaitachi from ring with non-JA one.
    2. They are all good. Scissor Edge hits fast but a bit weak, Rumbling Moon is better in damage and AoE but beware of hitstop, Acro Effect has guard frames but it lift you up.
    3. Fake Capture still deal massive damage for little cost, better use them on big and immobilized bosses. Deadly Archer... idk, its hitbox is quite weird to me and I can't really TAJA into anything.
    4. No it's not. It has the same DPS as gunslash.
    5. Normally, yes. Also iirc Fall Nocturne doesn't have hit limit. A practical way to use it is Quick March > Shoot Polka > Fall Nocturne. For me, I don't usually use Fall Nocturne (damn it Kuron refuses to drop me a lv17 Fall Nocturne) much, but when I do, it's either Facet Folia or Symphonic Drive > Fall Nocturne.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

I'm trying to decide which DS to make: old Gal DS or Ray DS. I'm not sure how good the close range potential holds up on most bosses, but I have seen videos of it not working on Rodos' mouth weak point. I have both weapons and I don't really care about the cost of grinding, affixing, etc and I'm just looking for which one is more optimal. Thanks

Stay away from the Gal, and go for the Ray.
    Gal weapons are terrible against enemies with large hitboxes.

Ray also has the PP cost reduction, I believe it's 5%, it's honestly worth it if you don't have Austere yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    5. Normally, yes. Also iirc Fall Nocturne doesn't have hit limit. A practical way to use it is Quick March > Shoot Polka > Fall Nocturne. For me, I don't usually use Fall Nocturne (damn it Kuron refuses to drop me a lv17 Fall Nocturne) much, but when I do, it's either Facet Folia or Symphonic Drive > Fall Nocturne.
    For tall enemies, like the the Ogar and Ogaki-baru enemies, I'll use Raging Waltz to get up to their highest point, Fall Nocturne, which usually gets them to start falling, then Orchestra to get them when they're down. If there's another one nearby, I can JA into another Raging Waltz after the Orchestra and keep my gear up. Usually if I JA after Orchestra, I won't actually touch the ground, so gear stays up. This also works on some other enemies, but the height of the original targeted area can make Fall Nocturne not really worth it if it isn't all that high.
    Last edited by Zysets; Sep 19, 2016 at 03:41 PM.

Whats the Verdict on Daggers of the Serafi NT? Seems like a really solid TD to get max ele easily with a decent pot.
    Last edited by polishgerbils; Sep 22, 2016 at 08:28 PM.

^The verdict is that the potential is good, therefore get it if you need a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    ^The verdict is that the potential is good, therefore get it if you need a TD.
    How does it compare to S.CN Stag?

scn stag is total shit do not bother with.. weakspot only? pfffffffttttttt

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Ray also has the PP cost reduction, I believe it's 5%, it's honestly worth it if you don't have Austere yet.

For tall enemies, like the the Ogar and Ogaki-baru enemies, I'll use Raging Waltz to get up to their highest point, Fall Nocturne, which usually gets them to start falling, then Orchestra to get them when they're down. If there's another one nearby, I can JA into another Raging Waltz after the Orchestra and keep my gear up. Usually if I JA after Orchestra, I won't actually touch the ground, so gear stays up. This also works on some other enemies, but the height of the original targeted area can make Fall Nocturne not really worth it if it isn't all that high.
    tornado dance + chaos riser lets you kill multiple ogars at once.

Which Double Saber is better? Gale Febris or Crea Doubles?