Page 416 of 430 FirstFirst ... 316366406413414415416417418419426 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 4299

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    Something like this
    I'd rather go 10/10 LB and 5/10 s-atk up than the other way around. 30 extra seconds of LB is much more useful (and deadly if you get hit a lot!) than a measly 32 s-atk.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    I'd rather go 10/10 LB and 5/10 s-atk up than the other way around. 30 extra seconds of LB is much more useful (and deadly if you get hit a lot!) than a measly 32 s-atk.
    So is that the best there is?

For the FI tree, basically yes. For HU, it's 100% individual preference like I said. There's no objectively best tree there, there's only what works for you and what doesn't.

Well what works for me is high risk high reward

Ok so wtf is wrong with deus? I noticed when he looks the other way my damage drops. So unlike other most EQ bosses you need to switch stances for Deus?

Is there a reason why Fighter main's don't put at least 1 point into Wise Stance? Nobody mentions it and nobody says you should get a 2nd tree with Wise Stance.

I mean not having points in Wise Stance makes them close to a dead weight on some not so relevant bosses just like anything with Fighter subclass without Wise Stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Ok so wtf is wrong with deus? I noticed when he looks the other way my damage drops. So unlike other most EQ bosses you need to switch stances for Deus?
    Never saw that happen to me. Which phase of Deus?

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Is there a reason why Fighter main's don't put at least 1 point into Wise Stance? Nobody mentions it and nobody says you should get a 2nd tree with Wise Stance.
    Find me a currently relevant boss where Wise Stance matters. Everything is attacked from the front these days.

Find me a currently relevant boss where Wise Stance matters. Everything is attacked from the front these days.
    Here is yer boss

I said currently relevant. This is year 2017, Elder and half of Double's legs hardly count.

Besides that's built on false premise - that if you don't have an appropriate stance on, you're suddenly useless. You can still dish out damage, it's simply less than optimum damage but since it happens in what, 1% of the game's current content, possibly less? Then it's fine. Especially since we're talking content that's so easy, by the time you switch stances the boss probably melted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    from my experience there is actually a wise part to deus, specifically after platform split : everything closer to the center of the split is brave, while the end hydras on each part are wise. if you're on Brave stance, Hydras closers to where deus balstr the platform should always be brave

I said currently relevant. This is year 2017, Elder and half of Double's legs hardly count.

Besides that's built on false premise - that if you don't have an appropriate stance on, you're suddenly useless. You can still dish out damage, it's simply less than optimum damage but since it happens in what, 1% of the game's current content, possibly less? Then it's fine. Especially since we're talking content that's so easy, by the time you switch stances the boss probably melted anyway.
    while I agree these days having a dual stance build is rarely useful, putting an extra point in wise stance is still a good choice. I recently learned 1 point already gives you 15%, and the FI tree at lv 80 leaves you with one point that doesn"t get much use in any other skill anyway. Sure that wise switch will be used in very specific cases, but it's still useful for 1% of the content and a few annoying situations (like say Vegas Illusia or Wolf Anga : whenever you fail to get the aggro in time, the fight can quickly turn into a nightmare for brave, and instead of losing time constantly chasing an ever elusive front, might as well use these 15% and not have to run like an headless chicken hoping to get a few brave hits in)