Page 5 of 430 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Even easier: Lock onto weakpoint, then use daggers and spend the entire fit in midair homing on his weakpoint again and again while hitting nothing else.

The issue with hunter was it had no specialized ranged options, like bullets or space magic. With daggers you are the bullet.

And it is so delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    It's a great day to be able to hit the Vol Dragon's higher horn as a melee class.
    Serpent Air's been a great option for this since the beginning of the game.

Yeah, I forgot that important word: continuously.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

See above. If you're using shooting mode you can stay in the air almost indefinitely with Serpent Air.

Let me know when daggers home in on targets then get a damage boost for repeatedly attacking in midair.

What he should have said was "reliably and without major hassle."

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    See above. If you're using shooting mode you can stay in the air almost indefinitely with Serpent Air.
    Serpent Air doesn't give you any horizontal movement and it doesn't really launch you that high to allow you continuously chop it off. Maybe you've mastered this, I wouldn't bother. Staying in gun mode as a hunter is rather crippling.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Some of the better PAs I've discovered:

Deadly Archer (Double Sabers) - Ridiculously powerful PA if you know how to use it right. This thing hits like 6-8 times optimally and does some really good damage too. With a decent weapon it should one-shot most things on lower difficulties if you get all the hits in, which isn't hard to do reliably with a little practice.

Tornado Dance (Double Sabers) - Tears through trash mobs like nothing; very easy to control and it's very strong too. Great to chain off of a Step Attack.

Raging Waltz (Twin Daggers) - Nuff said here, extremely useful on bosses and flying enemies.

Scare Fugue (Twin Daggers) - It's a "grab" move which sorta loses points with me, but it's really strong and chains pretty nicely off of Raging Waltz.

Wild Rhapsody (Twin Daggers) - Not the best damage in the world, but it's very easy to use continuously and it'll keep you airborne for as long as you have PP really. It's the new Serpent Air for me.

Dark Scherzo (Twin Daggers) - Because you gotta have a PA with some range sometimes. Torn between this and Raging Waltz on my palette.

(haven't messed with Knuckles much yet)

So, Double Sabers have become my trash mob killer and Twin Daggers are excellent in boss fights. The Shift action on Daggers is extremely powerful if you know how to time it--it's like a JG that doesn't reflect damage, but keeps you in the fight and works from all directions. It's becoming really easy to remain damageless in some boss fights because of that skill alone.

(and am I the only one who thinks the Fighter skill tree is freaking terrible? I'm not digging Brave/Wise Stance at all and that's pretty much the only creative skill we get to play with. Lame.)
    Last edited by CelestialBlade; Sep 14, 2012 at 04:37 AM.

Knuckles when you use them the normal way are fun but when you get gear....it's beast mode.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Touka View Post
    Knuckles *some words* when you get gear....it's beast mode.
    THIS.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Twin Daggers are pretty fun., notably Raging Waltz. This PA closes in on enemies too easily and they get combo'd forever. If you have it as first PA, you can spin in midair to reset your air PA order and re-use it when needed. This helps you close in on bosses that moved out of reach or search for a new enemy to snatch up.

By staying above them in the air and attacking, you are COMPLETELY untouchable from Ragne, Rockbear, Gwana, and Vol. I think missiles from Trans are the only thing to worry about but I could be wrong. I feel bad for Ragne weakpoint. Definitely not a good weapon for Cater though.

Double sabers are really good. As someone said, Tornado Dance and Deadly Archer are ridiculous and I think it has the best gear.

Knuckles feel lacking. Mediocre PAs (I like Straight Charge), bad air control, short range, mainly single target. Might be good once a character has good items. I need to see it's maximum damage potential. If it will be useful, then it would probably be a boss killer when bosses get stunned.

Overall, it feels like Fighter is a class that would benefit the most by switching weapons for the right situations. No one weapon is useful in every situation, which I can't say the same for Hunter.