Page 53 of 430 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast

I wonder what class would be most useful solo subbing with fighter.
    I am thinking either gunner or force/techer.

I looked at the bottom of the skill tree and noticed Deadline and Halfline slayer. With both slayers be ideal on a Fighter/Hunter combo?

All three are tied very closely IMO. While a hunter sub does add a bit more damage, I personally prefer the versatility of more PP on hits from gunner, plus the better ranged options with mechguns (PA-PA-normal is entirely sustainable with double sabers, if you use the third attack for normal due to having more hits than the first and second attacks, thus more PP replenishment). Plus, it's got that small boost to survivability if you want to add deadline automate to the mix, which I think I will.

Force and techer are equally good, but for different reasons I think. Force is amazing for its PP revival alone, even if only just for healing and S&Ding. Force also has foie charge speed bonuses, and VERY sustainable zonde type spells (I have bolt PP save 10 specifically for gizonde, and it is glorious for hitting an array of spread out enemies that gifoie, gigrants, or zan would miss due to their locations/elevations).

Techer has slightly superior healing, plus PP regen, and eventually maybe an allclass wand? I can't imagine an allclass wand outperforming dubs in any way, but meh. The S&D tweak skills are essentially useless. Techer also has balling s-def, bringing you closer to better units at either lower levels, or with lower investments on your mag. There's PP restorate as well, an alright stand-in for the gunner's attack PP restorate I bet, and poison ignition which I'm itching to try out. I'm currently caught between digging into zan master and poison ignition, since I do like to use zan - even on fighter sometimes when enough things are bunched up in front of me.

I frequently swap out based on how I feel like playing, but in small groups tend to go force right now. My techer is a piddly level 18, been slowly leveling it up with CO's.

Can bosses even get "real" status conditions?
    Like, does chase advance give you a bonus from Quartz's bleeding, Banther burning, Vol being frozen, etc? They aren't exactly status effects.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    At 1 it's 110% and at 10 it's 140% according to the Japanese wiki's.
    If this is correct then this skills looks pretty nice...

but that also locks me to NEEDING to have Poison on my weapon to make any use of this skill at all

and I have to also consider that some bosses don't get status ailments, or at least not poison (Banther/Banshee, Vol and Varhda don't get poisoned right? Only Quartz does...but even then it's a different kind of effect...and I wonder if it'd count as a "status ailment")

another thing that is itching me is wether step advance on hunter + fighter stacks or not...

it seems more obvious that it doesn't stack...but there's no guarantee it doesn't either right?

is there any way to test or check this for sure?

either way...to share my build here:

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...b00000ib00000f

this is what I think my Fighter/Hunter build would be...having Hunter as a full subclass and...ignoring completely the new Fighter skills, since slayers doesn't seem that worth it...and I can't just go for Chase Advanced while I don't even have a weapon with Poison on it

and I'm also considering step advance doesn't stack in this

anyway...what do you guys think?

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

Nah, the Freeze, Burning, and Poison effects on Vol, Panthers, and Quartz respectively, do not count as actual status effects. Easy way to tell for two of those is to try to Ignite Freeze or Poison via Force or Techer. Neither works.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

Well, that just means that it's not technically freeze or poison - they might be coded as unique status effects applicable to only that boss. There may also be a boss stun status effect that triggers the stun animation, based on the status effect tied to their elemental weakness.

I'm curious about this.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    All three are tied very closely IMO. While a hunter sub does add a bit more damage, I personally prefer the versatility of more PP on hits from gunner, plus the better ranged options with mechguns (PA-PA-normal is entirely sustainable with double sabers, if you use the third attack for normal due to having more hits than the first and second attacks, thus more PP replenishment). Plus, it's got that small boost to survivability if you want to add deadline automate to the mix, which I think I will.

Force and techer are equally good, but for different reasons I think. Force is amazing for its PP revival alone, even if only just for healing and S&Ding. Force also has foie charge speed bonuses, and VERY sustainable zonde type spells (I have bolt PP save 10 specifically for gizonde, and it is glorious for hitting an array of spread out enemies that gifoie, gigrants, or zan would miss due to their locations/elevations).

Techer has slightly superior healing, plus PP regen, and eventually maybe an allclass wand? I can't imagine an allclass wand outperforming dubs in any way, but meh. The S&D tweak skills are essentially useless. Techer also has balling s-def, bringing you closer to better units at either lower levels, or with lower investments on your mag. There's PP restorate as well, an alright stand-in for the gunner's attack PP restorate I bet, and poison ignition which I'm itching to try out. I'm currently caught between digging into zan master and poison ignition, since I do like to use zan - even on fighter sometimes when enough things are bunched up in front of me.

I frequently swap out based on how I feel like playing, but in small groups tend to go force right now. My techer is a piddly level 18, been slowly leveling it up with CO's.
    That's good to know. I was thinking of going techer for the poison ignition alone.

Few things- first i have a question, then my thoughts about the new skills and then my experiences subbing a techer for anyone who wants input/feedback

Ok so my question is about the last 10 skill points. heres my current build

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...dqIdcFIdlk0008

Now, brave critical, or finish up the last +s-atk for +10 more and get +40hp (or just +50hp)?

I'm not sure how much s-atk you would need to make having crit actually useful over base dex/ability, but i was considering that. though now im kinda leaning towards finishing up s-atk, brave stance up, and then maybe dumping the last 4 points elsewhere (perhaps last 4 in crit?)

Thoughts?

Anyway, i find the chase skills incredibly useless. theyre really low on the tree and even if you have immediate access to them like i do, theyre not that beneficial. I was considering it at first, and putting poison on my weapon, but then i realized i'd probably be better off just getting +HP or something.

And since the status's on the main bosses dont count, on regular mobs, theyre gonna be dead before the status effect is even useful.

So my opinion on that is just dont bother. Finish of brave stance or get one of the s-atk skills instead, you're probably better off with an increased overall damage anyway instead of situational damage increases (i dont consider the stances situational).

As for the slayer skills, well theyre just too damn low on the tree to be worth getting, and unless you have a LOT of hp, very risky to use as well (im nearly getting 1 shotted by VH vol's fire currently at lvl 44/40 with 676hp and techer sub). Their damage bonus is what, +100 each? I think my build is much better in that case with the permanant +90 s-atk which i will probably put the last point in making it +100 s-atk. Again, permanent over situational.

And finally, i've been subbing techer since i unlocked subclasses day of patch. My techer is lvl 40 and fighter is now 44 and i gotta say i absolutely love it. I find techer much more useful than hunter (because i dont like any of the hunters weapons, besides maybe WL). You got resta/anti, which not only are extremely useful, but also save you meseta, as well as shifta (who uses deband?) which even though it only lasts a minute, is better in my opinion over fury stance, becuz you dont lose any stats. Also, if you're a dagger fighter like me, you can quickly recast shifta mid-air (uncharged obv) without falling what-so-ever and continue your attacks, keeping your gear at full.

You also have the option for increased PP regen or increased max PP (my choice) to make up for the mid-battle tech usage. Or if you really felt like it, poison boost for your weapon with poison status which would combo really well if you did (for whatever reason) decide to get the chase skills

And of course, you have the techs themselves. While they may not be incredibly useful, i do enjoy using them and i use them almost all the time. You have access to multi-hitting techs which if you main daggers, help with their aoe-disadvantage (charged rabarta to freeze half the creatures around you, or rafoie to hit things at a range, gi-grants for great damage to everything around with wonderful range) which dont forget, all get an increase in damage with your stance (brave stance works wonders). and if you're like me and get some spell masteries and t-atk up's for fun (500+ base t-atk)

and dont forget about the stat boosts techer gives fighter over other classes (besides hunter of course)- techers have good s-atk, you get about 60-70 from subbing them, they have the same s-def as hunter/fighter, another 70 there, and fighters even have increased t-atk so it helps with the techers spells too.

so yeah, if you're considering techer, i highly recommend it. if you're considering force sub, go with techer instead, they give better stat bonuses for fighters with the same spells and more useful talents.
    Last edited by Eternal255; Oct 15, 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Apologize for the double post but i wanted to keep this one separate from the above one...

@Gigawuts, a teammate of mine tried poison ignition pre-patch and absolutely loved it. he said he was getting it to hit for around 3k or more. The problem is it has EXTREMELY short range (ie melee range), which shouldnt be an issue as a fighter, but if the enemy jumps away last second you just wasted it. Maxed out it has a 30 second cooldown which isnt bad, however.