Page 6 of 430 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansha View Post
    Knuckles feel lacking. Mediocre PAs (I like Straight Charge), bad air control, short range, mainly single target. Might be good once a character has good items. I need to see it's maximum damage potential. If it will be useful, then it would probably be a boss killer when bosses get stunned.
    Fists are quick and have really decent damage, with the right combos the weapon just flows together so well. Plus, with a maxed out gauge, you can pretty much spam the "block" button and NEVER get hit.

Without gear gauge, however... It's exactly as you explain it.

WITH gear gauge? The only flaws I'd find in it is the inability to efficiently swap from air to ground combat.(Which you'll rarely feel the need to do once you get your combo off on your targets) and the PP costs of it's attacks. Also all of the PA's change completely with the gear, gaining more range and flashier effects(Not sure about power other than DPS from the incredible speed boost.)

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Some of my thoughts and observations:

- Twin Daggers are THE boss killers. They mutilate bosses like nothing else. The only bosses I've found thusfar that are better to fight with other weapons are Gwanahda (Double Sabers, for mass killing his tentacles) and Tranmizer (Knuckles seem to be better here IMO).

- Double Sabers destroy trash mobs.

- Knuckles are best for strong non-boss enemies (with the exception of flying enemies, which Twin Daggers always wins out on).

- Twin Dagger's Divekick PA (I don't have the game open at the moment so I don't know the names) is incredibly useful. If you don't properly time it, you can end up missing the enemy after hitting them once, but the JA window on it is huge, so you want to wait till the enemy has stopped flying back and it will home right back in on them. 3 of those will kill most enemies, from what I've seen (some enemies take only 2) and again, with proper timing, it will never miss.

- Knuckle Gear is a HUGE improvement over base Knuckles. Without it, Knuckles feel very underpowered, but with it, you can rip through enemies like nothing. It's PAs are very powerful and since it attacks so fast with Knuckle Gear, you generate PP very quickly.

- Brave Stance and Wise Stance both look worthy of investing points in, for different reasons. Their attack boost is pretty good and the opposite side's attack reduction isn't too bad in the event that you screw up a hit or two. When fighting enemies that you will pretty much always be in front of (like the Rockbear, Gwanahda or Vol when not breaking his tail), there's really no reason to not be using Brave Stance, and of course, the reverse is true as well - enemies like Caterdran/sa and Tranmizer are prime targets for Wise Stance. However, I think it's probably better to not use a stance when fighting Banther/Banshee due to how often they move around.

- Knuckle's dodge is possibly the best evasive move in the game. It has HUGE invincibility frames and you can do it over and over very quickly. I would say it has about the same speed as Just Guard, but it's invincibility stays active longer than Just Guard's does.

I'm kinda torn on whether to max out Brave/Wise Stance or just invest in S-ATK, because I'm just not feeling the Stance concept. I see huge damage potential but against some bosses it just seems like it'd be really irritating. I'll just go for all the Gears for now and await further research.

So we all agree Twin Daggers are incredibly awesome against bosses, so I'll throw out a discussion question: what is your favorite Dagger PA for damage-dealing? Using Raging Waltz to dash yourself up to a boss weakpoint is a given, but I'm trying to figure out a good DD chain for when I'm in the air. I personally like Scare Fugue and Wild Rhapsody, but I don't have all the PAs capped yet so I can't do a good comparison. Thoughts?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    I'm kinda torn on whether to max out Brave/Wise Stance or just invest in S-ATK, because I'm just not feeling the Stance concept. I see huge damage potential but against some bosses it just seems like it'd be really irritating. I'll just go for all the Gears for now and await further research.

So we all agree Twin Daggers are incredibly awesome against bosses, so I'll throw out a discussion question: what is your favorite Dagger PA for damage-dealing? Using Raging Waltz to dash yourself up to a boss weakpoint is a given, but I'm trying to figure out a good DD chain for when I'm in the air. I personally like Scare Fugue and Wild Rhapsody, but I don't have all the PAs capped yet so I can't do a good comparison. Thoughts?
    I just spam the basic attack. D:

Then use the PA's to stay airbourne in general as PP refills.

Ninja kick juggle, Ninja stomp and Redhot-Kick are my favorites though.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Daggers cool, but so fast..
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

I love Knuckles, I wish they had a little bit of range of PSU's Knuckles on some of its PAs (i.e. that ground pound move even with Gear is lacking) but overall I'm pleased with em. That Evasive Sway at full gauge lets you slugged out in boss's faces without much care.

The whole concept of Brave/Wise Stance I still need warming up to, Hunter's Fury Stance spoiled me. It was just "pop it and forget it" type deal and everything was all good now it kind irks me knowing my damage is cut some just because I'm not in the right stance especially considering some enemies weakpoints are in their back and stance changing is not instant.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

So, Dual Sabers gear is an AoE attack placed on the block button, it has 3 stages. When you press block it uses all built up charges (up to 3).
    EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, it works a little like rafoie/rabarta - you launch it and it spins around, difference is that it follows you and the range isn't as big but still pretty nice; you can continue attacking with no problems and even JA combo the AoE attack if you manage to pull off filling it up so fast. The gear is filled up by attacking with normal attacks and photon arts, doesn't matter whether you are or on ground or in air.
    Last edited by jooozek; Sep 14, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Anybody notice that Twin Daggers seem to have auto Just Guard properties during normal attacks? Haven't figured out the exact timing yet though.

I've noticed.

And how do I effectively dodge with knuckles..?(talking about the sway thing)

@Indigo - it just guards with that spin special thing too.
    Last edited by Mystil; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Only during certain parts of the attack though. I'm double checking right now.

Edit: It totally does.

I've only checked the first attack extensively so far. It seems to happen in-between the two hits. I know the third attack also can auto Just Guard, it's how I first noticed it. I'd assume the second attack can as well.
    Last edited by IndigoNovember; Sep 14, 2012 at 01:12 PM.