Page 61 of 430 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111161 ... LastLast

Good news everyone! Orchestra is SUPER CHEAP now. Search dagger PA's for 6* rarity. This is probably the BEST new PA for fighter, alongside flash thousand which is even better at 1k.

re: Bind. I LOVE bind. With western levels of lag it may seem confusing with what it does, since enemies will frequently proceed to carry out attacks with the yellow zigzag effect, but I'm pretty certain that's just due to latency. I use shock almost exclusively to apply it, and it does a GREAT job of keeping large groups enemies in check. I even use a sword to do it, which is not known for its extraordinary number of hits. It's especially good in ruins, where enemies have lots of health, good ranges, and in conjunction with shock makes taking down enemies easy since it frequently flips them down. This is especially true on krabardas.

I only have chase bind at level 5 right now, but will be taking it to 9. That maxes out my SP, shame I don't have the spare cash to buy a new tree to optimize a bit better and bring it to 10.

Also, I believe that the higher the status effect level on your weapon, the better the chance it has of applying. I've never actually looked up info on this, but I'm reasonably certain it's true. So, a weapon with an effect at level III or higher is a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Good news everyone! Orchestra is SUPER CHEAP now. Search dagger PA's for 6* rarity. This is probably the BEST new PA for fighter, alongside flash thousand which is even better at 1k.

re: Bind. I LOVE bind. With western levels of lag it may seem confusing with what it does, since enemies will frequently proceed to carry out attacks with the yellow zigzag effect, but I'm pretty certain that's just due to latency. I use shock almost exclusively to apply it, and it does a GREAT job of keeping large groups enemies in check. I even use a sword to do it, which is not known for its extraordinary number of hits. It's especially good in ruins, where enemies have lots of health, good ranges, and in conjunction with shock makes taking down enemies easy since it frequently flips them down. This is especially true on krabardas.

I only have chase bind at level 5 right now, but will be taking it to 9. That maxes out my SP, shame I don't have the spare cash to buy a new tree to optimize a bit better and bring it to 10.

Also, I believe that the higher the status effect level on your weapon, the better the chance it has of applying. I've never actually looked up info on this, but I'm reasonably certain it's true. So, a weapon with an effect at level III or higher is a priority.
    Actually I had Chase Bind at lv 1 for quite a while and it almost nearly triggers whenever the enemy is suffering from a condition (esp Double Dagger because they hit twice per normal attack). Also Im just merely using a weapon with Poison II. Chase bind just work exceptionally well with weapons that hit multiple times (esp rifle/mechguns etc).

Ps: they even work with weapons like Talis using Tech as the attacking stat... therefore also triggering Chase advance...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...0&postcount=20
    Last edited by Acel; Nov 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RikardStark View Post
    Hi i think i messed up mi hunter build so i need a little bit of help im going Fi-Hu this is my build i need some tips for the skill points left http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...b00000ib00000f
    To be honest, cant really tell what direction/style you are heading into but if you wanna have a taste of everything in both Hunter and Fighter and still do rather well, heres my suggestion (I have 2 hunter/fighter characters and one is almost similar to what Im suggesting to you)

For your reference:
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...b00000ib00000f

Decided to make a post here since I LOVE FIGHTER! And chase bind is awesome
    Anyway, reading the last few posts led me to this:
    For the +5 SP CO, you need to use fists on vader. Possibly for the entire fight, possibly for just when he dies. I didn't really feel like risking it to find out, but the next time the emission comes up I'll try changing mid-fight.
    Now I'm a bit confused; for my +5 SP CO, I just had to kill 5 Dark Ragne's with Daggers and 7 rappies, so unless gigawuts is talking about ANOTHER +5 CO, can someone explain this?

And something I can't quite decide about affixing weapons: should I go poison or burn? I was thinking freeze at first, but realised how useless it was when it comes to chase bind.

I'd also like to know if poison works on ANY BOSSES.

At level 45 you gain another +5 SP.

And for every CO that related to killing certain boss with certain weapon, it is perfectly alright to fight that boss by a different weapon for entire battle and then switch to the correct weapon when the boss is about to die. I guess people know this , just saying.
    Last edited by otaku998; Nov 16, 2012 at 06:08 AM.

Yep! I wasn't 100% certain it worked on this CO like it did the level 30 CO, but it does.

edit:
    The difference between poison or burn isn't really cut and dry. First, which do you prefer: Poison sticking to the targets you apply it to and hurting them a lot, or burn hurting a target less but spreading to other enemies via touch and then hurting all of them for a total of more.

There's also a matter of where you're playing. Burn in caves won't be useful against the caves natives. Poison in caves won't be useful against darkers. They each resist their own "element." But, that said, enemies also tend to get hit a LOT more often against their weakness: Go to forest and have burn, everything is weak against fire so it all catches fire fairly easy. Go to floating continent with poison and you can expect to hit all the natives fairly often with poison there too.

Also, to answer your other question: Quartz Dragon is weak against poison, but only in a special way. Each big boss has breakable parts, like their limbs or tails, you already knew this I'm sure. Quartz has a special behavior with poison - each breakable part can be poisoned, so instead of taking tics of damage you debuff a breakable part. The debuff doubles damage taken by that part, even if it's already broken and taking extra damage already. He even has a unique screaming animation he plays during one of these debuffs to try and purge the poison. A double saber with poison III or IV against quartz dragon is a very powerful thing, if you can poison him the first time that is.

All this said, I prefer shock myself. Shock works on EVERYTHING, and it does it very nicely. The enemy you would think would resist it, machines, are actually weak against lightning so get hit with it more often. It's defensive, but also offensive; downed enemies let you just run in and hit them without worrying about being hit back. Many enemies even have special animations for when they're shocked, such as gilnas being stunned and krabardas flipping backwards. This can even happen to krabardas during their shielding thing, which will let you deal a hell of a lot more damage than poison or burn.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 16, 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Just to clarify, Shock works on bosses as well?

Some, yes, usually just a handful of midbosses (anything that spawns extras with more players qualifies as a midboss). Vardha also has a unique behavior if you manage to shock his chest cannon, it stuns it and he drops it to the deck for a short amount of time.

Some, yes, usually just a handful of midbosses (anything that spawns extras with more players qualifies as a midboss). Vardha also has a unique behavior if you manage to shock his chest cannon, it stuns it and he drops it to the deck for a short amount of time.
    you could also just simply destroy the chest cannon + Cracker bullet launchers on his shoulders + his 2 arms and vardha would simply do nothing (unless its rocket launchers all the way at the back are still there).
    Also, unless I'm mistaken in my observations, there are actually some darkers affected by poison, such as dagachas.

And some questions inflicting status ailments:
    -What bosses are affected by burn?
    -I read somewhere that something special happens when you burn a fang banther/banshee. I never succeeded in burning them but is this true?
    -Is mirage at all useful? And is there anything it doesn't work on?
    -Can vol dragon's feet be frozen in its 3rd phase? (when the horns are also shielded)
    -Does chase bind even work on any bosses?
    -That reminds me, does chase bind also work with the effects of jellen shot?

Regarding Gilnach's little 'gimmick', when you kill a gilnach before it finishes its "healing" phase, does the discharge effect actually do anything?

P.S. Is this even the right place to ask? I am a force subclass after all..
    P.P.S. On a totally unrelated sidenote, I LOVE ZONDEEL!

I'm a caseal and I'm probably maining fighter with hunter subclass or vice versa and I was thinking of this build here http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b00000ib00000f

I've gone into 10/10 step advance in subclass tree because lately I've been finding myself stepping around a lot and I thought it might be useful, although I'm open to any and all suggestions