Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

There are quite a few things I don't agree with you on. Here, let me see if I can get this point by point.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic Fae View Post
    I'm gonna start out by saying I'm not a full time PSO2 player (I'd rather play the European version when it comes out)
    You'll be waiting nine months to play! Everything's awesome now! Just spend a few days adjusting, and you won't even be able to tell the difference!

but I seem to be the only person that seems to care about this.
    I WANT A NORMAL SABER!
    I know what you're thinking "but hey use a gun Saber"
    Yes, basically. Almost every weapon introduced into PSO2 is drastically different than their PSU counterparts. The only exception I can think of is sword. And for the most part, I have to say that I much prefer the PSO2 variant much more than the PSU variant. This includes sabers. I'll see if I can elaborate on this last point later.

Granted gun Sabers do what a Saber should do (hurt things) but there is only ONE problem. They're two handed!?
    The weapon system is back to PSO's version of non-dualwielding. Everything's two handed.

I'm a force so I like to set things on fire with my respective techs BUT I hate using silly sticks to fight, we force have the right to cut things up too!
    Frankly, I'd sooner bring a strong staff to a fight than a short sword, all things considered. Barring live combat, staffs are also really useful as a force. I've spent almost as much time as a force getting into a group of mobs and smacking them down with my staff as I have at a range. And they're only as silly as the model you have equipped!

So I see a Saber, a gun Saber to be exact and it doubles up as a gun, useless as we force simply blow up things that fly or are otherwise out of reach.
    As has been mentioned before, not useless. In the slightest. Forces are now balanced by their high burst, and quickly depleted resource. Getting their PP back is a huge issue, and the gun component of the gunsword really helps this part of force's gameplay.
    And if you're going to use that argument, you could also say that hitting things with the saber is also useless. You have circular AoE spells. If shooting things is useless because you have ranged spells, why aren't melee attacks useless when you have point blank spells?

This means you can't equip techs to the alternative slots for quickness. Now I know you can just put techs onto hot keys but these are really limited for the players using controller and Iv'e grew up with phantasy star using a controller and lets face an extra 2 tech slots come in handy.
    Yes, hotkeys. I don't know how anyone could play as a force without them, in any PS. I'm surprised you haven't gotten used to it when playing PSO. It's not just forces that need to use them; they're pretty much the only way hunters and rangers can heal now. And barring that, it's really fast and easy to switch weapons, which means it's quick to switch from your saber to a teching weapon.

Other than techs a guard would have been better again, anything but a gun.
    Getting hunter to 40, I can probably count the times I've used the guard on my fingers. Of those, half were to see what they look like. And half that number was hitting shift by accident. Considering how useful guns always are in online PSs (Why do they always have to be so useful?), I'd rather have that on my saber than a guard. Especially when I'm the class with the best dodge in the game.

I mean really I use blades to cut not shoot. If I wanted to shoot things I'd have chose a ranger and took a rifle.
    You want to cut. Why not switch to hunter and take a partisan?

The point is I want a one handed Saber or at least one that guards! I hate to say it but psu had this down better a Saber 'n' Techmag was perfect.
    It looked neat. But, the only time I ever switched to a hybrid weapon was to use the weapon it was paired with. In fact... The only time I switched to a hybrid weapon was my hunter's saber/gun combo, to use the gun. If I could use rifles, I would have just used those.

A normal Saber is like the iconic weapon of phantasy star as far as I know bring it back! Where are all the good weapons!
    You're right. The saber was the most iconic weapon. It was the iconic noob weapon which you replaced as soon as you could, or kept because it was the best striking weapon your class could equip.
    But if you just can't stand the spinning bladed pole, the giant plasma sword, or the blades on wires... I guess you'll have to be disappointed with the laser sword that can shoot at the flick of your wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic Fae View Post
    aww hell so even daggers are locked, the Force are getting shafted in terms of good weapons.
    Hunters are getting shafted in terms of good spells. I'll trade you twin daggers for light elemental techs.

Next time you argue against something... Could you organize your thoughts a bit clearer? It was a bit of a pain to pick them apart, and what I came up with looks ugly. Maybe sort them, and make a clear argument for your case, so that a rebuttal can be just as clear, and everyone can gaze at pretty, clear and precise arguments instead of having to pick them apart from a giant post with not much content in it (Sorry, that was the best I could do).

And one last thing... Why are you known as Angelic Fae if you're not so Angelic? Why aren't you Not-So-Angelic Fae? Or just Fae? I'm just going to call you Fae. I feel uncomfortable calling you Not-So-Angelic Angelic Fae. It just seems weird.

Force is "shafted" in terms of weapons, but has exclusive access to every spell in the game.

Alright.

The only Saber I even liked in PSO1 was Lavis Cannon.. but only on Dreamcast. Once it hit Gamecube, the special attack's accuracy nerf and the sound effect change just made me sit it in storage to collect dust. Plus Orotiagito did it better.

And um... not sure if anyone's mentioned due to my skimming, but.. is no one mentioning subclasses possibility in allowing this person their wishes to equip other weapons other than the "All can equip this" category?

Did I just hear someone say PSU > PSO2? lol

But back on topic, to answer the OP here's a couple of things you can try:

1. putting techs on the hotbar really isn't so bad, On the default controller set up, you can use the d-pad to scroll through the hotbar and L-trigger to select. Just put the techs you use the most near each other and tapping left or right a couple of times lets you use at least 3 types of techs fairly quickly and easily. Once you get used to it I'm sure it will be a lot better than the 2-slots you want on the weapon for techs.

2. wait for next month's Sub-Classes update. We don't know much about the system yet, but it may radically change the way everything plays because it may potentially mean you can cast techs with any weapon.

3. This particular Gunslash has +50 T-ATK so it's meant for use with Forces. it might not seem like much, but for now it's pretty good and fairly cheap in the shops. In the future I'm sure more weapons will come out with a T-ATK bonus in them.

Quote Originally Posted by dablacksephiroth View Post
    The only Saber I even liked in PSO1 was Lavis Cannon.. but only on Dreamcast. Once it hit Gamecube, the special attack's accuracy nerf and the sound effect change just made me sit it in storage to collect dust. Plus Orotiagito did it better.

And um... not sure if anyone's mentioned due to my skimming, but.. is no one mentioning subclasses possibility in allowing this person their wishes to equip other weapons other than the "All can equip this" category?
    I think we're (thankfully) past the point where people bring it up because we really don't have much confirmation for how subclasses will work.

You'll almost definitely get subclass weapon access, it's just common sense, but then this is Sega so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I think we're (thankfully) past the point where people bring it up because we really don't have much confirmation for how subclasses will work.

You'll almost definitely get subclass weapon access, it's just common sense, but then this is Sega so you know.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have subclass weapon access.

1.) It'll help keep your 'main' class "unique" if you can buy that excuse.

2.) I can't see SEGA letting Hunter use a rod.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

You're right. Rods are strong enough on a force. Hunters using them would be insane.

i think theres enought fan service in the game already. lets see new things kay?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Mic stand, bouquet rifle, duel gaze, and space tuna.

All claims that we'll access skill trees but not weapons are invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Actually, the original name wasn't PSU2, at the beginning they weren't sure if it would be PSO2 or PSU2:
    http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...-foreign-fans/
    Thanks for the source :P. Im still sticking to my it was going to be called PSU2 though, concidering how sakai did make psu and all. Imo its only called pso2 to bring back anyone who disliked psu, and they did a pretty good job with the game (I love this game, but ill admit i would not have gotten it most likely if it was called psu2, i hate that game so much that i wouldnt have even given this one a chance. Glad i did though lol).

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.