Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Angry In memory of my Saber

I'm gonna start out by saying I'm not a full time PSO2 player (I'd rather play the European version when it comes out) but I seem to be the only person that seems to care about this.

I WANT A NORMAL SABER!

I know what you're thinking "but hey use a gun Saber"
    Granted gun Sabers do what a Saber should do (hurt things) but there is only ONE problem. They're two handed!? I'm a force so I like to set things on fire with my respective techs BUT I hate using silly sticks to fight, we force have the right to cut things up too! So I see a Saber, a gun Saber to be exact and it doubles up as a gun, useless as we force simply blow up things that fly or are otherwise out of reach. This means you can't equip techs to the alternative slots for quickness. Now I know you can just put techs onto hot keys but these are really limited for the players using controller and Iv'e grew up with phantasy star using a controller and lets face an extra 2 tech slots come in handy. Other than techs a guard would have been better again, anything but a gun. I mean really I use blades to cut not shoot. If I wanted to shoot things I'd have chose a ranger and took a rifle. The point is I want a one handed Saber or at least one that guards! I hate to say it but psu had this down better a Saber 'n' Techmag was perfect.

A normal Saber is like the iconic weapon of phantasy star as far as I know bring it back! Where are all the good weapons!
    Just let me put my arms around you.

PSO's saber was just a boring old light saber. You couldn't even have a secondary weapon equipped with the saber in that game. PSO2 went back to those roots, pretty much, but improved upon it by making Saber/gun one thing. And honestly, it's nothing to really complain about. Just use a sword instead if you don't like the gunslash.

Your facing two problems.

1.) Even if they released saber as a strand alone weapon class. It would still not be able to equip techs to it's normal pallet. Just the way the game is designed. Whatever PAs associated with that weapon would be the only thing equipable.

2.) Dual wielding is not a feature in this game like it was in PSU. So you would never be able to off hand a tech weapon for quick spells.

Saber at this point would be extremely redundant on it's own.

In PSU/PSP the only variant of the saber that did anything useful were twin sabers. Increased damage output and being able to block to boot.

In my time in PSO, I never used a saber due to how limited most were, one target only, while swords and partisans were able to hit up to five. It's also somewhat practical in PSO2 to use gunslashes as all classes can switch to a weapon that can provide damage as well act as a back up weapon.

Also, this is PSO2. It may share the same name as PSO, but it is vastly different and more action oriented.
    Last edited by blace; Sep 10, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Also, this is PSO2. It may share the same name as PSO, but it is vastly different and more action oriented.
    This

The name PSO2 was just used to draw in fans of pso. Sakai himself said that they were originally planning to call the game PSU2. I love the game, and trust me I hate psu alot, but this game is still psu ish and there are many... many things i could rant on about, BUT all in all its a pretty good game, and its still under development. There may be a normal saber later on with a crazy wand-like gimick.

(seriously though, when i heard that the original name was PSU2 i was like "OOOOOOOOhhh so thats why this and that is kinda a sep down from PSO standards).

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Well good point(s) but firstly Force can't use any other slashy weapons such as Swords and secondly you can cast techs with all weapons (hot keys) though they won't be as strong but simple weapons are being thrown out for silly weapons that make me feel like I'm playing kingdom hearts. What's wrong with blocking? Well if we have gun Sabers why not...Shield Sabers its like Gun saber without the pointlessness for Tech users. Though this isn't just about Sabers but we've lost other iconic weapons too. I know it's early days yet and there are more weapons coming but I think all the classic weapons are dead. It wouldn't be so bad if Force could use any good weapons may as well do runs unarmed. If I can I'm just gonna use Daggers at least they're still here.

Actually, one of those step downs that i mentioned is the weapon variety per class. Unless you use something like the soul eater (which i recommend for you, its a partisan, usible by any class, and it boosts tech attack) that can be equipped by any class, you can only use 2-3 weps + gunslash depending on what class you pick.

EDIT: hopefully subclasses will be beneficial twards weapon variety

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

The gun part of the gunslash isn't pointless for Forces, it's a great PP recovery tool. If you run low on PP, use the gun and pull off 4-9 shots while in the air. It does wonders to PP recovery.

For daggers to be used, you need to be Hunter level 30 and switch to Fighter to use them. The update is this week so be prepare for that.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

aww hell so even daggers are locked, the Force are getting shafted in terms of good weapons. Unarmed runs anyone? at least we have a dodge... psp2 had it the best any class can use any weapon so long as they have the class points for it.

One step forward two steps back.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I miss sabers but I really really like what they did with gunslash, in my opinion they just need more weapon designs, and new PAs(all the weapons could use some new PAs, hopefully there's a lot this wednesday.)

But yeah I semi-disagree with the "This is PSO2 not PSO" thing. Which IS something I'd normally use when people say "OMG BRING THIS BACK FROM PSO" when we have a different version of the same thing that works better in PSO2. But in this case the saber represents the basic one-handed sword which is like, a big deal in terms of a starting weapon for ANY RPG game, ESPECIALLY fantasy ones.

We're sci-fi fantasy so ours would be the saber AND the handgun, from the looks of ALL of our past games. I guess this time in general, they wanted to try something new when they merged them together. OR they wanted to match PSU' dual weilding which made single saber and single handgun far more useful in PSU. So yeah, just handgun and saber alone, I don't think it could've kept up with this game, at least not the way they functioned in past games... I dunno. I DO with they made a better effort to make them more of a stable weapon for the other two classes though..

"This is PSO2, not PSO" is what I tell nostalgia freaks, OP just wanted saber back in general. Though I still think GS is fine.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Sep 10, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.