Page 30 of 199 FirstFirst ... 20272829303132334080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hentai_Kittie View Post
    Also, a techer is NOT supposed to be about straight tech damage. That's the forces job. If this is the pinnicle of any argument then the person is seriously playing the wrong class, missing the point by a mile, or trolling. A techer is about wand gear (melee), shifta criticle, deband cut, territory burst, and tons of pp! All the while doing damage in every possible way.
    This. I've been saying this for a long time, but people don't really care. If everything were to be about damage, and nothing but damage, you would see the game filled with nothing but Forces and Rangers. Each class has its own niche, you can't just put everything into one category and compare them altogether.

That said, I'm not defending Techter entirely. While I agree that a Techter is about getting up close and smacking with the Wand and being a support class with its buffs at the same time, there are some major tweaks needed to make the class good enough for such uses. For example, Shifta Advance's calculations. That +10 or so attack doesn't give a good enough reason for anyone to bother adding skill points to the skill (excluding the 3 levels you have to add in order to get access to Wand Gear). And melee doesn't go well with Mirage Escape. I wished (saying that for the umpteenth time but it probably will never happen) they had given Wands Step instead of Mirage Escape. Or at least a Mirage Escape version of Step Attack or something.

"Competitive by default, humble as deception, crafty in nature."

Quote Originally Posted by AutoTranslator View Post
    That said, I'm not defending Techter entirely. While I agree that a Techter is about getting up close and smacking with the Wand and being a support class with its buffs at the same time, there are some major tweaks needed to make the class good enough for such uses. For example, Shifta Advance's calculations. That +10 or so attack doesn't give a good enough reason for anyone to bother adding skill points to the skill (excluding the 3 levels you have to add in order to get access to Wand Gear). And melee doesn't go well with Mirage Escape. I wished (saying that for the umpteenth time but it probably will never happen) they had given Wands Step instead of Mirage Escape. Or at least a Mirage Escape version of Step Attack or something.
    I hear alot of people say that they would like step instead of mirage escape. Can you explain why and what benifits it will give you? i'm just curious and would like to see your opinion (plus i've never touched a hunter, so i have no experience). I have great results with Mirage escape. It helps me totally get out of stupid situations. Though I can see how it's less useful when all you need to dodge is some 1 second attack (since mirage escape does take a second.

Also i agree that shifta advance / criticle, and deband advance / cut feel like four halves to two whole abilities. all need to at LEAST go to 15% to account for wasting 40 SP for basically nothing. Currently, the SP doesn't justify the cost at Lv40(Maybe if we had alot of SP to burn)

After i get PP restore i'm going to keep my SP and wait until subclasses to decide what would benefit me most (since subclasses might not work as i think it might). Only wish i knew about subclasses and techers before i wasted all my force SP since i want techer to be my main....

Edit: Also, i just noticed that a techer requires 202SP to max out their ability tree which is 10 more SP then a Force, 173SP for a ranger and around 130 for HU / FI. (havn't tested GU yet due to no easy way to do it... plus i'm lazy). ...... Why is this? Why would you need to hit the final level cap in nearly every PS online game to max a TE's tree and STILL need 2 more SP???

I'm Confused......
    Last edited by Hentai_Kittie; Sep 19, 2012 at 05:27 AM.
    rawr! =^~^=

I hear alot of people say that they would like step instead of mirage escape. Can you explain why? i'm just curious. I have great results with Mirage escape. It helps me totally get out of stupid situations. Though I can see how it's less useful when all you need to dodge is some 1 second attack (since mirage escape does take a second.

Also i agree that shifta advance / criticle, and deband advance / cut feel like four halves to two whole abilities. all need to at LEAST go to 15% to account for wasting 40 SP for basically nothing. Currently, the SP doesn't justify the cost at Lv40(Maybe if we had alot of SP to burn)

After i get PP restore i'm going to keep my SP and wait until subclasses to decide what would benefit me most (since subclasses might not work as i think it might). Only wish i knew about subclasses and techers before i wasted all my force SP since i want techer to be my main....
    Mirage Escape is great for dodging, that's a known fact. But the problem is since the class was meant for making use of melee attacks, you should be doing something more like attacking with a melee weapon other than Wand, say, Gunslash for example. Attack, attack, quick dodge to left/right if enemy attacks, attack. Duration on Mirage Escape is a tad too uncomfortable for those patterns.

Shifta Advance (and by extension, Deband Advance as well) is way more dumber than that, actually. Unless I'm mistaken, the 10% stated is a 10% of the 18.9% on a level 10 Shifta. Basically, excluding the base boost from Shifta itself, Shifta Advance gives 1.89% max. Increasing it to 15% won't make much of a difference.

Depending on how Subclassing works, I might spend cash to get new Mags and additional skill trees. I'm not really into damage, damage, damage, but rather, interesting builds that do their job well.

Edit: Also, i just noticed that a techer requires 202SP to max out their ability tree which is 10 more SP then a Force, 173SP for a ranger and around 130 for HU / FI. (havn't tested GU yet due to no easy way to do it... plus i'm lazy). ...... Why is this? Why would you need to hit the final level cap in nearly every PS online game to max a TE's tree and STILL need 2 more SP???

I'm Confused......
    Gunner requires 152 SP. I think you aren't meant to max out the skill tree. That is why they gave us the option to buy more skill trees, or reset them. They want you to make your own unique build (sadly, it's like 9 out of 10 Rangers/Forces have identical builds). Also, you're forgetting that more skills will come out as the level cap increases.
    Last edited by AutoTranslator; Sep 19, 2012 at 05:34 AM.

"Competitive by default, humble as deception, crafty in nature."

what do you guys think about upcoming subclasses? how do they work
    and most importantly and being on topic, how do they work with techer
    what is better sub - force for charged techs damage and pp revival, or hunter for defensive abilities and increase melee damage or ranger for weak bullet
    right now im thinking between fonewearl/techer and techer/hunter like fomar

If I had to guess it would be that your subclass is half the level of your main class and you get that many skillpoints out of your subclass. Otherwise there would be no difference doing a main of force and sub of techer or main of techer and sub of force.

Edit: Perhaps you will also receive 1 free subclass tree per class. I'm guessing it would have to be like this or else it wouldn't know what order you picked your skills before to only use the first half you entered.
    Last edited by IzzyData; Sep 19, 2012 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoTranslator View Post
    Mirage Escape is great for dodging, that's a known fact. But the problem is since the class was meant for making use of melee attacks, you should be doing something more like attacking with a melee weapon other than Wand, say, Gunslash for example. Attack, attack, quick dodge to left/right if enemy attacks, attack. Duration on Mirage Escape is a tad too uncomfortable for those patterns.
    Hahaha xD

Shifta Advance (and by extension, Deband Advance as well) is way more dumber than that, actually. Unless I'm mistaken, the 10% stated is a 10% of the 18.9% on a level 10 Shifta. Basically, excluding the base boost from Shifta itself, Shifta Advance gives 1.89% max. Increasing it to 15% won't make much of a difference.
    Yeah, i'd rather they buffed it more or just combined both shifta and deband abilities. Anything higher then 15% to each at least makes it passable to invest 20 points in either one. That's my thinking at least because at that point i would have already done so...

Depending on how Subclassing works, I might spend cash to get new Mags and additional skill trees. I'm not really into damage, damage, damage, but rather, interesting builds that do their job well.
    This. Since i want techer to be my main i now want normal tech advance and JA tech advance for my force. i also need a new mag. I also want ice mastery + ignition, poision ignition, and zan mastery. need AC.. now.....

Gunner requires 152 SP. I think you aren't meant to max out the skill tree. That is why they gave us the option to buy more skill trees, or reset them. They want you to make your own unique build (sadly, it's like 9 out of 10 Rangers/Forces have identical builds). Also, you're forgetting that more skills will come out as the level cap increases.
    You mean more skills as in new techs/pa's, or abilities for your skill trees? (i want bifoie and that new lighting spell already....)

skill resets aren't anything new or odd, being able to buy more skill trees are, but it's still hard to say quite yet...

I've also had a nagging feeling that class levels may only go up to Lv 50. You subclass for your total level (which will equal to Lv100 as of the next patch). This could make sense because very hard mode is coming out the same time as subclasses (and rare and powered bosses if i'm not mistaken) which could mean that subbing may be essential to surviving. That would be totally interesting and frightening at the same time. The only other difficulty i remember is ultimate and whatever PSPo2i had, which could mean probably 2 more sets of classes. Because really, It still feels abit to early for very hard mode (hard at Lv 25, very hard at possibly Lv 40) it feels like we are getting difficulties too quickly for a PS game... But i think that all of this has been disproven by datamined info i read a while back (but of course, it's only a feeling). BUT, being able to be 3 classes at one time would rock for a lv150 character(if you COULD do that and they come out with more classes)

Wow... 3 posts in one day.... i'm on a roll!..... o.o
    (I hope there isn't an edit history, a mod would have a headache with my posts...)
    Last edited by Hentai_Kittie; Sep 19, 2012 at 06:54 AM.
    rawr! =^~^=

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    If I had to guess it would be that your subclass is half the level of your main class and you get that many skillpoints out of your subclass. Otherwise there would be no difference doing a main of force and sub of techer or main of techer and sub of force.

Edit: Perhaps you will also receive 1 free subclass tree per class. I'm guessing it would have to be like this or else it wouldn't know what order you picked your skills before to only use the first half you entered.
    There are other things besides skill trees...

Stat gain per level, base stats, ability to use weapons, ability to use photon arts, etc(?)

ability to use weapons - you might not get this from sub class, but instead are limited to weapon versions that are available to all classes (duel disk, mic stand, tuna, bouquet rifle), but maybe you get the photon arts with these equipped? (if this was the case I would expect more of these weapons)
    ^ doubt this is true, but just giving example

upon thinking about it. you have, stats, weapons, and abilities (skill trees)

Weapons look like they have been carefully assigned to each class for class balance purposes, so i believe they they will carry over when subbing because there'd be no benefit to subbing without them.

Abilities would also have to be able to be subbed in full because again, there'd be no benefit not to. Theres also no system in place that would know how you spent your SP. So this would also have to be subbed in full. Any ability omission would basically cause subbing to be useless. Not to mention you can buy more trees, so i'm quite positive that you get the full benefit when subbing

Stats are the only thing i think may not actually be able to be subbed and will depend on your main class (which is fine, what you'd reall need is weapons and abilities)

I'm also sure that there will be more subclasses considering that we are still missing quite a few weapon classes. Currently, the weapons we are missing are: slicers, whips, cards, claws axes, rifles, shotguns, laser cannons, bows, twin sabers, sabers, handguns, and wands (not the canes we got that are called wands for some reason, actual PSO / PSZ wands that are called wands that look like a double-sided cane.... for the record...)

As for subbing. a Techer would be beneficial to any class that demands pp (or want more of it), wants the use of support techs, wants techs for utility, and again... mor PP!!. subbing a techer helps a class to be twice as good (because honestly, no other class will use the wand except a force, they only want shifta, deband, resta, pp regain, and pp convert. The only class that benefits the least is a Fighter (i think) because with all that swinging, they should have alot of pp already right?

For the record, IF anyone decides to be a RA / FO or FO / RA..... i will smack them so hard, bacon will fly out of their necks for being the most long ranged, cowardly redundant turtle class in the whole danged game........................... I don't care if they can smack the broad side of a fluffolo with a carelessly aimed shot from the hip with a handgun blasting rafoie from the distance of two large segmented areas away while being 4.6 miles from taking any damage............... It's just stupid... >.<
    Last edited by Hentai_Kittie; Sep 19, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
    rawr! =^~^=

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    what do you guys think about upcoming subclasses? how do they work
    and most importantly and being on topic, how do they work with techer
    what is better sub - force for charged techs damage and pp revival, or hunter for defensive abilities and increase melee damage or ranger for weak bullet
    right now im thinking between fonewearl/techer and techer/hunter like fomar
    I love FO and TE, but for two completely different reasons.
    Which is why I plan to have a FO main class subbed with TE and a TE main class subbed with HU.
    I haven't put much thought into if the main class matters, but in FO/TE's situation it doesn't really matter that much since both can use techs, unless we lose or gain some weapons from subclassing.

I also plan on having an RA/GU or GU/RA, I have NO idea which one because I can't even begin to imagine what the difference between the two would be.

For the record, IF anyone decides to be a RA / FO or FO / RA..... i will smack them so hard, bacon will fly out of their necks for being the most long ranged, cowardly redundant turtle class in the whole danged game........................... I don't care if they can smack the broad side of a fluffolo with a carelessly aimed shot from the hip with a handgun blasting rafoie from the distance of two large segmented areas away while being 4.6 miles from taking any damage............... It's just stupid... >.<
    You made my day. xD
    Last edited by Coatl; Sep 19, 2012 at 08:24 AM.

Because really, It still feels abit to early for very hard mode (hard at Lv 25, very hard at possibly Lv 40) it feels like we are getting difficulties too quickly for a PS game...
    PSO had Hard at Lv20, Very Hard at Lv40, and Ultimate at Lv80. Max level was 200 and there were no complaints. I'm fine with the current pacing that we have.

Lots of things to respond too @.@ To sum up my current feelings on Techer (a lot I've said before):

Techer needs territory burst to be passive. The effect is too short and too little to be worth an active skill for 10 points. It also needs Step Attack. Or Mirage Attack. Or something to bolster the melee a bit as intended. The buffing side of Techer as a whole seems... broken. 10 points in Shifta add practically nothing... critical hits add 1-5 damage tops on my Ranger's damage... Deband might be decent, who knows. (Jellen Shot seems to be effective enough with higher defenses.)

As for how subclassing works, we have no idea. Not a single bit of info has been released.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?