Page 53 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast

Territory Boost really should just be a passive skill, from the sounds of things.

I think it should cost 1 skill point respectively and maybe they just get rid of the Wand point. Its the whole point of being a techer in the first place right?

FoMar - FO/TE - Ship #6 - DyNe
    Sig by Valmont

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclearrow View Post
    I think it should cost 1 skill point respectively and maybe they just get rid of the Wand point. Its the whole point of being a techer in the first place right?
    It is the whole point of being a Techer, and I think that's why they have it as a gear. If they don't, and it's just a built-in ability for Wands, any all-class wand would give that bonus damage. Keeping a 1-point Wand Gear restricts that to Techers and Techer subclasses.

Ya but I think it should be a techer only passive ability

FoMar - FO/TE - Ship #6 - DyNe
    Sig by Valmont

Guess we'll have to wait for the wiki's to be re-updated to get a better look at what they did to Techer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    Guess we'll have to wait for the wiki's to be re-updated to get a better look at what they did to Techer.
    Here I'm dying to see the character builder with skill descriptions.

I understand what they want to do with territory burst. I do, I like the idea. It's just...you sacrifice a tech for something you can only do every couple minutes, that you would only need to do even less often. If it cools down in 2 minutes, that means you need to recast S&D while you're waiting. Even then, it demands an additional action before casting. Doing S&D means not doing something offensive, which causes flinch, which means it doubles as defensive.

So that's two flaws that go hand in hand. Next up is that it's only a horizontal increase, I believe. The big want is a vertical area increase, because the worst part about casting off talises is getting the height right on melee classes using a standard tactic of jump -> PA, or even just using daggers. Those can be very difficult to pin down with talises. The class needs to stay in the radius for all 4 pulses to get the full benefit.

These are all things that are just additional chores, but shouldn't be. The same way force has such awesome buffs for offense, as in borderline infinite casting with lightning or halved charge time for fire (which is as useful as step attack on hunters, due to its simultaneous offensive and defensive strengths with faster inflicted flinch/stun), which techer can never do (unless comboed with force obviously, but bare with me here), techer needs the same level of exclusive, permanent upgrades.

My want list for support techers:
    • Permanent AOE boost. Possibly implement an artificial kind of cooldown where you can buff 4 times in a 30 second period before it begins shrinking, but regains is bonused size over the next 30 seconds.
    • Deband Cut & Shifta Critical become 1 point skills, require 10 points in respective advances, extra points refunded
    • New skills for pulse speed, possibly have S&D as separate
    • Resta & anti count for all AOE size bonuses
    • Light mastery applies to resta. Yes really, I don't care if you think it's necessary.

And then for offensive techer abilities, a thought I've had: A new skill that refunds 1 PP per level after firing off a tech that you do not fully charge. This would mean charged skills are unchanged, but uncharged skills refund 10 PP automatically upon casting. So if you mix in uncharged techs, if this skill is maxed you need the base cost to start activating but get 10 back if you don't charge it before casting. One example: Zan. 18 to activate, fire before charging finishes, get 10 back: net cost of 8, still needs minimum of 18 to attempt. This would be especially interesting with rapid fire lightning techs, which seems to be the original intent but since it's ineffective nobody does it. This would also, of course, go a long way to help techers that do not fully charge their techs between melee strikes, which almost certainly seems to be an intended strategy when your gear is full.

Also wand explosion damage should fill gear a smidgen. A charged tech would of course be required to start this off, and ideally the gear would need ot be at least halfway filled before the explosion damage starts starts filling the gear bar faster than it drains.

I think some of these changes would go a long way to create a level of synergy with force and even other subs/mains that just isn't there right now.

I didn't expect so much negative feedback. I'm super happy with the buff techers received. Does that hitstop reduced buff mean they have flinch immunity now too?

Well, the Shifta/Deband Advances are still not worth the SP (Level 14 Shifta goes from 19.3% to 24.25% boost, not worth 10 SP at all if you ask me).

Burst is... "better", I guess. It's good at 10 SP; there's only 10 seconds before recasting, but is it really worth 10 SP just for that?

Basically, the only real boost they got is their wand speed (and gear damage, I guess?).

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I didn't expect so much negative feedback. I'm super happy with the buff techers received. Does that hitstop reduced buff mean they have flinch immunity now too?
    Opposite, both ways: Means less delay on your weapon hitting the enemy.

Take a wired lance and swing it around at clumps of enemies. Notice a big delay for each hit? Me neither. Now do wands against 3 enemies in a single swing. Notice it now?

edit: Also my last post was made before the changes, for all I know techers have become quite viable for support. I doubt it, though, as the issues didn't lie in the bonus amounts but instead in what stats got bonused. I still say force is exactly as good for buffs, sans only a smidgen of atk/def points.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM.