Page 91 of 199 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191 ... LastLast

What's the deal with zonde on falz arms weak point, sometimes it hits sometimes not, especially once its standing up still after attacking.

Well, Zonde starts from above and then travels down. Things can move out of the way, or it can clip the top part of some hitbox that isn't the weakpoint.

If you're a full fire tree or decently balanced, a Safoie is more reliable up close and still really good damage. Good for a PP dump when available, then continue the indefinite Zonde from a distance.

Constant 30-50k hits on the arms makes the fight a complete joke, as if it wasn't already since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Well, in TPS mode, you have to hit the weak points with the splash damage; so it loses the primary target buff. You'd also have to do this if you want to hit the weak point on the Tranmizer types.

I must be doing something wrong if I can't get Zonde to hit the weak point of Ragne. Are you supposed to break off all legs and then cast or are you to supposed to aim for the main body and let it hit from there? Locking on to the weak point just makes me hit the head shield/brain and then I just go back to Rafoie spam. =w=

Edit:El Ada is another darker that no longer has Zonde hitting the weak point unless it gets knocked down.
    Yeah, unfortunately what you said about the TPS thing is true. But hey...it's still the same damage we'd see before the unexpected damage buff....which is still pretty good, but it's tedious as hell to try and hit the floor directly in front of an enemy.
    Oh and regarding Ragne, yeah it does need to have a leg broken.

For El'Ahda (and Garongos), you should always pop a quick Razan to knock them on their backs, and then Zonde or TPS Foie.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

I'm just gonna say it.

Te/Fo is better with a +10 Umbra Stick than a similar performing wand, even considering melee. The damage you deal with stronger AND faster techs, plus the PP you recover while casting more often, MORE than makes up for the extra damage from swinging the wand around.

Techer is in a sorry state of affairs.

I definitely don't miss the 100 less S-Atk on my Elder Rod that's for damn sure

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'm just gonna say it.

Te/Fo is better with a +10 Umbra Stick than a similar performing wand, even considering melee. The damage you deal with stronger AND faster techs, plus the PP you recover while casting more often, MORE than makes up for the extra damage from swinging the wand around.

Techer is in a sorry state of affairs.
    I've been wondering about that... Can say, a FI/TE, use techs with an all-class Rod? Normally, when you sub, you can only use PA's for weapons that your Subclass can use. Techer can't use Rods, so if you aren't subbing FO, can you still can techs with an Umbra Stick and get the nice T-Attack boost as a FI/TE?

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    I've been wondering about that... Can say, a FI/TE, use techs with an all-class Rod? Normally, when you sub, you can only use PA's for weapons that your Subclass can use. Techer can't use Rods, so if you aren't subbing FO, can you still can techs with an Umbra Stick and get the nice T-Attack boost as a FI/TE?
    You can put techs on your subpalette when you're a force, and use them off of it the same way you'd use a monomate. You can use techs with ANY held weapon in this way, and yep you can also do this with subclass access to techs. If you're not holding a rod, talis, or wand when you cast, you just holster your weapon and cast with your hands like you had nothing equipped at all.

Because of this, barehand casting has the same timing as rods and talises.

And this is the issue with wands. Since their casting animation is slower than rods, they're literally the slowest casting weapon in the game. A weapon designed for casting techs is the slowest casting weapon in the game.

Think about that, let that sink in. And people try to say it's intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Asirae View Post
    uhm, english please?
    Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    He's saying Te is good as a subclass only right now. Fo's skills make techer much better, but you're still better off maining fo and subbing techer for Rods.

Besides, I even don't think it's a problem if TE never has wand gear, or a weapon type called wand, if you prefer the playstyle of FO.

On the other hand, TE/FI or TE/Hu that smashes everything with wands (since both types of damage are multiplied unlike the usual damage style) is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    You can put techs on your subpalette when you're a force, and use them off of it the same way you'd use a monomate. You can use techs with ANY held weapon in this way, and yep you can also do this with subclass access to techs. If you're not holding a rod, talis, or wand when you cast, you just holster your weapon and cast with your hands like you had nothing equipped at all.

Because of this, barehand casting has the same timing as rods and talises.

And this is the issue with wands. Since their casting animation is slower than rods, they're literally the slowest casting weapon in the game. A weapon designed for casting techs is the slowest casting weapon in the game.

Think about that, let that sink in. And people try to say it's intended.
    I think the barehanded speed thing would be fine except certain weapons still boost T atk. there should be an off weapon animation for those types that was even slower than wand. Then it would be more justified.

After thinking about it I don't have an issue with wand's casting animation being slower than rod or talis. If Fo was a wizard the Te would be the cleric. The issue is as it stands the game has no place for a cleric. They need to make wand more appealing as a support weapon that can also melee. When you think about it, that was Techer's intended design. The issue is that support is so defunct no one cares to use it and so the mindset is that Techer's DPS options are worse than FOs. If they fixed support to be worth a damn and made it so that Wands had some distinct advantage when used in support applications, This wouldn't be an issue.

On a similar note, HU is in the same boat where it's intended to be able to soak up damage, but it does that poorly and the skills that WOULD help with that are so far down the tree that we can't get to them. In addition, being able to soak up damage would be fine if they could hold aggro, but warcry is beyond pointless since anyone with good DPS will override it instantly and spec'ing only for damage sponge results in absurdly low DPS which leads to being worthless for anything other than your own survival or drawing out fights beyond the point of boredom.

What Sega needs to do is find a way to better establish the roles they set out. Because right now anything other than a DPS build is just about useless.

The issue lies primarily in consistency and muscle memory. Do not create a standard, and break it for a weapon meant to use what the standard was made for.

It'd be like making gunslash shooting timing slower different only for gunners.

I don't think it's even intentional. If they wanted lower damage they would have lowered tatk more. If they wanted true slow casting, there would be a class penalty to talises and gunslashes. No, this is just a lazily made animation that wasn't double checked. It's the only casting animation added since release, everything else has been in since probably the alpha.