Page 43 of 199 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393143 ... LastLast

Base: 556
    Total: 982

Total + shifta: 1098

Shifta - Total: 116

Shifta Bonus / Base: 0.208

So it is indeed 10% of 18.6% which increases it to a total of 20% bonus of base. It isn't great, but it will get better. Will have to see how the added base stats affect it with subclassing.

So I've just unlocked techer. Izzy, am I correct in assuming you essentially use uncharged techs as though they're ordinary attacks? Or PA's for non-tech classes? Throw a zan in there between hits like sonic arrow, just click and keep hitting?

Because that's how I'm playing it, and let me say the zans are pretty great for this.

Granted, I'm only level 6, but on a cast it was never about the tech's damage so much as how long you can sustain the attacks, and this is definitely sustainable.

I don't usually use normal zan uncharged, but I don't usually charge gizan or sazan and they still do great damage.

Charged zan is still amazing damage and will be good for charging wand gear.

I wouldn't recommend zan spec if you only plan on using it as a subclass later though.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    So I've just unlocked techer. Izzy, am I correct in assuming you essentially use uncharged techs as though they're ordinary attacks? Or PA's for non-tech classes? Throw a zan in there between hits like sonic arrow, just click and keep hitting?

Because that's how I'm playing it, and let me say the zans are pretty great for this.

Granted, I'm only level 6, but on a cast it was never about the tech's damage so much as how long you can sustain the attacks, and this is definitely sustainable.
    What is ur main class? If you're subbing techer, one of these two builds would be really good (here's what im planning)

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OI2GBdqqq4Xlkf

or

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...2GBdqqq4NqnHNj

Depending if u want t-atk or PP restore. I opt for the T-atk as a dagger fighter. The dark mastery obviously can be changed, thats just what i wish to have regardless of usefulness. You could max out PP UP instead.

And i found one of the best ways to max out wand gear quickly is using charged gigrants (builds slightly for each hit, even on same enemy, will usually max if it hits around 3 enemies with all hits). But as a sub you dont need to worry about that.

I mainly use sa/ra zan on individual mobs, but if everyone's lined up zan really pays off. Now that I have the gear it kind of falls apart, you only get the boost if you charge the tech and to do that you have to be in a spot where you won't get hit. The class isn't what I first thought

For the subbing, i'm doing this: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...4Odqf4NqnHNcFf

This would be for fighter, with poison II+ on each weapon. The wand gear is only really there because I didn't know if I'd like it or not, and won't be getting a second techer sheet, so had to try it on the only sheet I'll have. I'll just say...I don't particularly like wand gear. If anything ever needed step attack it was this weapon. It's got all the mobility of grounded daggers, sans homing PA's. And charging the gear with only charged techs? At least let its explosions charge up the gear a smidge, maybe just to keep it even without actually raising it at all...geesh. Not very well designed there.

I'll just say...I don't particularly like wand gear. If anything ever needed step attack it was this weapon. It's got all the mobility of grounded daggers, sans homing PA's. And charging the gear with only charged techs? At least let its explosions charge up the gear a smidge, maybe just to keep it even without actually raising it at all...geesh. Not very well designed there.
    You just have to charge wand gear during "down time." If I'm too far for a wand strike I'll charge up a multi-hit/splash technique (depending on the situation) and mirage escape closer during the chaos. If you're up close you can release a gifoie or ramegid and let the hits sustain the gear for a good while. (Gifoie especially likes to lock monsters in place, letting you get in some free hits.)

I've found that slinging a tech or two from afar gives me enough "gear time" to finish the fight once I get up close. If I'm in an MPA, the gear just never dies since I'll use a gi-tech somewhere in each fight to fill it up. I don't really have any problems with how the gear works... (The range could be nicer on wands, though...)

I've gotten used to Mirage Escape. It's not Step, and it's definitely not Step Attack, but it does need something. Friends and I have been thinking of ways to improve Mirage Escape without it being overly broken, but it's a tough issue to solve. One thought was that Techers would be allowed to charge techs while Mirage Escaping, but we saw that being too powerful a buff... another was similar: add a just attack circle to the end of the mirage escape; using it would fill the Gear slightly.

But it's all just wishful thinking...
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

I'm wondering about a 10* wand with step instead of mirage escape, which would get it step attack if you sub/main a melee class.

There's a lot of things they could do with 10*'s to boost class synergy, and that would be a great one, but I wouldn't bet any amount of money that it will happen. It makes too much sense to be allowed in a Sega game.

I also sling off some charged zan before barreling in, wand a-swinging. It doesn't feel like it jives, though, not like the other classes with their gears.

I'm wondering about a 10* wand with step instead of mirage escape, which would get it step attack if you sub/main a melee class.
    I also doubt this will ever happen, as it seems the movement type is tied to the weapon type and that's just how it's going to stay. Also worth hoping for, though.

I also sling off some charged zan before barreling in, wand a-swinging. It doesn't feel like it jives, though, not like the other classes with their gears.
    I don't use Zan at all as Techer. I loved it when I was trudging through Force to get there but as a Dark Techer I rarely touch it. Megid flies slower, so I can actually mirage behind it and sometimes start swingin' that wand right as it hits or right after. This seems a bit more natural than what you described, especially since I can Poison Ignition right away if that initial Megid takes.

Can't say much about the other Gears, though. Most of my time was spent with Ranger and Force beforehand, so I have little to go on.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

I'm going to be using Force as my main class and using Techer as my Sub.

This is going to be my Force Tree build
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...I24OIk2XIkfcAj

Now I'm not sure how to do my Techer Tree build.
    I like to use wind and dark techs a lot, so I was thinking of doing my Techer tree like this

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OIdIk4NqnHNGGf
    This builds main focus is Wind, PP Restorate and Dark Mastery/Poison Boost.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OIdIk4NqnHNcGf
    On this build I removed Poison Boost and went for Poison Ignition.

Honestly, what Dark Tech Perks do you think I should use for my Techer Tree?
    Could someone give me some opinions on my builds or possibly show me some better builds that I could use instead?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

10sp in Posion Chance is kind of wasted.
    You need at least 5sp in Bolt PP save to make it normal and 10 PP in it to make it worth since it costs more PP without it.

For FO I would prefer either this
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...bI22SIkfbnbnIk
    or this
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OI2GOH22SIkinj

And I've got a TE tree that will look like this
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...dqIb4NwNHN4QcF

With PP J on you Mag and 3 PP rec skills I would assume things will be much easier for tech.
    Last edited by SPOnion; Oct 9, 2012 at 08:01 PM.