Page 13 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    If you play FO or TE focusing on anything but supporting or healing the party, you'd have a tragically ineffective player.
    Lol what. This isn't pso:bb. Technique damage isn't even close to being worthless in this game compared to that.

Healing party members shouldn't be anybodies primary focus because then that would mean they were terrible players for taking so much damage. That being said it is still a secondary goal.

If you play FO or TE focusing on anything but supporting or healing the party, you'd have a tragically ineffective player.
    I think I'll just go with what the official site says.

Force is for ranged combat. Techer (with hits higher physical defense and wand gear) is for fighting on the front lines while supporting with its ability to enhance the range of its Resta, Shifta, and Deband.

Still waiting on my laptop to be repaired so I can get in the game to try out Techer for myself, but the update's barely been out 4 days and there's still lots of testing to be done and tables in the wiki's left to be filled in.

Does this class need tweaking? From what I've skimmed through here and read on the Japanese forums, I'd say yes. But until then, I vote for civility and level headed discussion.

Random attempt at showing some techer gameplay with my idea of techer playstyle as dps.

Last edited by IzzyData; Sep 15, 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Light: You only need 3 in Shifta Advance. Don't put anymore.

Whoops. Looks like I forgot to take those out of the build.

You could get territory boost for some better heal range, more resta advance for some stronger heals, or dive down to PP convert. Finishing off light mastery will give you a significant damage increase with light too. Shifta critical and deband cut are decent buffs, but really can only be worth it if you dedicate yourself to keeping your buffs on and really have no where else to use points.

My brother also suggested the whole Light Mastery too. I find myself as an offensive Techer so I tend to forget about buffs.

Try to decide what you want of those or a mix, and remember: october's update is level 50, so that (should?) be an additional 10 skill points.

I'll keep that in mind.

Dark: If you're going poison ignition, you're probably going to want to max poison boost but... if you feel you're poisoning enough to reliably use ignition already, I guess you won't need it.

Point taken.

Dark mastery would be a good idea to max too, it's a pretty good damage increase if you do, but again, level 50 will give you more skill points.

In either build, I can't speak on the effectiveness of PP convert as I have not personally used it. Reconsider whether or not you want wand gear as well, as it's a hefty 4 points just to get to it - and you're not touching wind at all.

I'm a bit shaky on the whole HP tradeoff as a Techer actually. Photon Flare as a Force got me killed once (though I have my own stupidity to blame because I'm supposed to be back line) and I'm thinking I would suffer the same deal because I'm more front line.
    Boldfaced words are my responses.
    Last edited by AFKei; Sep 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM.

this has got to be my laziest signature ever

Out of curiosity i tried setting off sazonde charges with lightning wand gear.

To my dissapointment, that doesn't work. Would've be fun as hell if it did.

EDIT: So I just reached territory burst level 10. Have some comparison shots:

Spoiler!

This blew my mind, why would you even go past level 5 with this skill if there's no benefit other than another 6 or so seconds of active time?
    Last edited by HFlowen; Sep 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Wand gear forces you to melee with a wand. Meleeing with a wand reduces PP generation (you could be attacking with a faster weapon like a Rod, Gunslash, or Talis), and in turn, reduces the amount of technic casts you can perform. The amount of damage granted through wand gear does not compensate for the lack of the ability to cast more technics, regardless of you being a techer. It's nifty at least.
    It's just that the supportive aspect of this class is borderline useless. +20% to heal, but you have a lot less tech attack as a techer, both because of your class stats and the wand. In the end, you're not healing for much more at all, at the cost of losing everything else that is good about Force. Shifta advance/deband advance will give you +10 to atk/def at most (with 10 skill points in each mind you) and shifta critical/deband cut are OK, but even still not that great. There is no buff duration increase, and they are only useful if you can maintain the buffs the entire fight (and still costs 20 skill points, yay).

Support class is great and all, but this is a failure at a support class.
    pretty much this
    right now Techer is not better support than Force

as Force you can spam heals and quick shiftas
    as Techer you spend SP just to be on par

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post

This blew my mind, why would you even go past level 5 with this skill if there's no benefit other than another 6 or so seconds of active time?
    I am actually wondering why you say level 5... why not just level 1?

Quote Originally Posted by moeri View Post
    I am actually wondering why you say level 5... why not just level 1?
    Just because it gains the most amount of active time in the first 5 levels, then tapers off to one second per level.

You could get away with level 1 if you just wanna get a shifta/deband in real quick and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    Just because it gains the most amount of active time in the first 5 levels, then tapers off to one second per level.

You could get away with level 1 if you just wanna get a shifta/deband in real quick and move on.
    Yeah I was just thinking that if I was going to use this skill I would probably try to get everyone with the first use of the skill.

Casting it over and over seems like it could do more harm then good... because you aren;t putting out any damage at that point.

Idk just my opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by moeri View Post
    Yeah I was just thinking that if I was going to use this skill I would probably try to get everyone with the first use of the skill.

Casting it over and over seems like it could do more harm then good... because you aren;t putting out any damage at that point.

Idk just my opinion on the matter.
    Someone had to try to see if it actually got a range increase... I salute him for taking the dive for us.