Page 148 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1985

You can take 3 SP from Dark Mastery 1 (-3%) to unlock and get lv1 Dark Mastery 2 (+5%)

Decided since I'm closing in on what trees I like, I'll post my techer tree that Shadowth and I have come up with (at least for a potent FO TE build).

Fire FO/Dark TE:
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dI2asqxuX0000f

Extra points can be placed where you like for either. Eventually on FO with fire emphasis, you would want to invest into Tech JA Adv once level cap increases. For TE, I will most certainly invest into territory burst. The only reason I don't on this tree already is I prefer PP Conversion 6 as opposed to 3 for better fire spam. The alternative is PP Conversion 3 and taking a point in territory burst for Zoldeel/easier Shifta tick absorption.

I can't speak for Shadowth, but my thought process on a dark TE tree is that dark is effectively the only element that gets used beyond extremely situational Grants (Zeshrayda, tainted Vol/Chrome). Most of the ruins enemies die faster to Zoldeel->Safoie or Rafoie spam. Fire tree cast speed is what basically ruins Grants/Gigrants from being useful in large light-weak areas. Burn also helps for larger mobs if you are solo a lot like I do. Anyways, back to dark tree, F. Continent is a great place to farm/lvl/hunt etc. and with a maxed dark tree, you can effectively Zoldeel->Megid to one shot a wave of Sadinians or Nodiransas. Megid's explosion radius is actually a lot larger than I had expected, but if you watch the visual closely it's indicative of a pretty large area. The shockwave also travels out at finite speed, so you can also hit enemies that weren't initially in range, but did walk into range shortly after. Samegid alone also greatly benefits from the large dark mastery boosts for killing Vol/Quartz Dragon.

EDIT: I guess I should elaborate on why I essentially ignore the Wind Tree at least for myself. Zan is really the only tech useful for any type of damage among wind at least for now. Beyond that, Razan is just knock-up not damage. I think this in itself warrants the lack of points in the Wind tree.
    Last edited by milranduil; Apr 17, 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Well your Dark techs aren't as strong as they could be since you're missing Tech JA, but there's really no other way to get any higher numbers out of Techer besides the PP skills with points you don't have.

I'd definitely get at least Bolt PP Save to make Zondeel worth using regularly, if not Territory Burst to improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Well your Dark techs aren't as strong as they could be since you're missing Tech JA, but there's really no other way to get any higher numbers out of Techer besides the PP skills with points you don't have.

I'd definitely get at least Bolt PP Save to make Zondeel worth using regularly, if not Territory Burst to improve it.
    I'm purely talking about TE as a subclass, not main (just to note). Megid and Samegid have exceptional base damage, so the numbers fine. I have 9% of the max 40% (as well as only lvl 6 Element hit so that's 8% of 20%) and my Megid already hits for 3.5k in VH continent, with Samegid hitting 1900 per bolt.

Effectively I'm sacrificing a hybrid light/dark/support tree for all out PP regen and max dark damage which considering light tech usage is likely more efficient (the difference between 2 vs. 3 shotting Windras and 1 vs. 2 shotting normal mobs passively saves you a load of PP per wave). A measly 10% loss in damage from JAing is worth the large increase in fire tech damage (and DPS) anyways. Hybrid trees just don't cut it yet with our current limit on SP.

I probably actually will put my last remaining points into Bolt PP save for that reason though it's not really needed. Enemies don't typically spawn in groups unless you are in an MPA and in that case it's usually Zondeel->any tech and they're dead anyways. You're more likely to run out of PP due to general spam of anything in an MPA.

Territory Burst vs. Lv 6 PP conversion is purely a personal choice at this point. Lv 3 sufficiently fuels non-fire tech usage, but I spam mostly areas where fire spam is a necessity (Ragne, Banthers, multiple Rockbears, Gwanadha lolsp). I WILL get territory burst with my first 3 SP post 60 for sure because it is definitely worth it for better Zondeel.

A measly 10% loss vs a large 15% increase, sure. Which means the difference between 174% and 167%, but 110% extra for any other tech (which makes Dark 191% instead of 174%).

With EMW:
    Your Flame/Dark = 1.2*1.2*1.1*1.1*1.2 = 209%
    "Hybrid" Flame = 1.2*1.05*1.1*1.1*1.1*1.2 = 201%
    "Hybrid" Dark = 1.2*1.2*1.1*1.1*1.1*1.2 = 230%

I have been playing with the idea of a pure Flame build, which would get extra T-Atk on top of maxing everything fire, but missing out on Bolt and every other element hurts too much.

You're sacrificing fire power (lol pun) for dark power which is not entirely advisable. Dark does after all only really get used in continent and non-tainted Vol Dragon. Fire can be used effectively anywhere. The small decrease is also enough to not be able to one-shot VH enemies with Rafoie/Safoie/Foie. You aren't really going to use lightning techs as FO TE unless you are actually full lightning tree. They otherwise aren't that effective...
    Last edited by milranduil; Apr 17, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

They should indeed be multiplicative.

I'm getting 1.74 when I multiply that.

1.0 (100%)
    1.1 (100% x1.1)
    1.21 (1.1 x1.1)
    1.452 (1.21 x1.2)
    1.7424 (1.452 x1.2)

*Shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Looks legit. Zondeel+Ramegid (or just Megid) wrecks the dragon peoples. If you want a point in Rare Mastery, you can lose one of the buffs or a point from PP Restorate. I'd probably drop Extend since it doesn't help you as much, but once Sega fixes the clearly bugged part about it, it wouldn't be so bad for support.
    Apparently it was fixed in yesterday's maintenance. I'm a little surprised at how quickly they fixed it.

At any rate, I'll stick with dropping Rare Mastery for now and keep Extend Assist and maxed out PP Restorate.

EDIT: Ignore my multiplicative statement. Assuming these bonuses stack multiplicatively, then yes multilplying (1+X/100) is correct.
    Last edited by milranduil; Apr 17, 2013 at 05:48 PM.