Page 149 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1985

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    You're sacrificing fire power (lol pun) for dark power which is not entirely advisable. Dark does after all only really get used in continent and non-tainted Vol Dragon. Fire can be used effectively anywhere. The small decrease is also enough to not be able to one-shot VH enemies with Rafoie/Safoie/Foie. You aren't really going to use lightning techs as FO TE unless you are actually full lightning tree. They otherwise aren't that effective...
    If you were to only take one element, fire would be the obvious choice. And not just because you need 10 points in its side of the tree to get the caster skill, which also branches into the best overall tech damage skills.

But to take advantage of EMW you need at least one other element nearly up to par with your Flame techs. Zonde, even after the nerf, is the same single target damage as Rafoie on fire-weak enemies AND without an entire Mastery skill. With EMW, this is great DPS at low cost. Without targeting weaknesses, it's still good and Zondeel always helps.

I hope you can at least see why I recommend sacrificing 15% fire to get 8% JA and 5% bolt, especially for a player with only a single skill tree.

I recommended a stronger Dark build to specifically tackle Sanctum and the F.Cont. Even if we never get another skill reset, you can keep this week's for when the next area comes out to maximize some other element. Keeping the two elements equal like you have is your choice, I only mentioned boosting Dark further as an option.

so im toying with the idea of doing a wind/ice build since im getting a new mag next scratch and i never noticed what a shit storm the fo tree is. anyways heres what i came up with. also how do talis users go about ja'ing a tech when you dont want it centered on the card?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...HXidI2Jklb0000

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Wind/Ice aka "nothing is weak to my elements" build.

Talis JA window is huge. You can JA a tech right next to you or a fair distance away. Like JA a buff and you can still catch it.

Or manually shoot the card into the ground first and JA off of that. Or continually cast until your card expires, or just Shifta instead of normal attack.

I think I'll play around with Poison Ignition when I get the chance... I'm pretty curious, not much documentation on it anywhere.
    I know the damage is determined by total T-Atk, but I wanna know the following ;o

- Is it affected by Dark Mastery or Element Weak Hit?
    - Does it works on Quartz/Ex poisoned parts?
    - How high does the actual damage go? I've never seen anyone anywhere near max level or with good equipment ever use the skill.

Because if you're using a tree with some Dark Mastery investment, it only takes 1 single point to unlock the skill!
    Besides, TE has a lot of leftover points to play with that'll just end up being put towards something that you won't really make more use of .....like the extra point in shifta advance, wand gear or wind mastery. I'm willing to give it a try
    Last edited by Dextro; Apr 17, 2013 at 09:02 PM.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

Does not work on Quartz/Ex poisoned parts. I've had poison ignition maxed back when level cap was 40. I do recall hitting like 16k on a Catadransa, that's about it.

I do not know about Dark Mastery or EWH affecting it.

brave stance effects it. i had it doing 10k on Te/Fi with an s-atk mag. but i abandoned that build because theres no spell to reliably stick poison. also the fact that you cant use it in the air and it has pitiful range.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

did ragrants get fixed...?

maybe it's just me but i was messing around with it and it feels much much much more responsive now.

all in my head?
    "A good job is a constant pileup of many much simpler tasks being done well."

What do you mean by more responsive? Pretty sure I used it earlier this week and it felt the same to me, in that it has a fairly short range and takes a bit after you cast it before it will actually hit anything.

by responsive i mean (i think) it used to kind of force your character to stand still during the beam or something that made it feel really clunky (i often got hit in the face when i used it) using it today i just havnt really had issues.

the range is certainly still close but it hits like a truck.

overall it just feels..."smoother" i guess?

maybe i'm just weird.
    "A good job is a constant pileup of many much simpler tasks being done well."

It hits hunar's weak spot 99% of the time if he's in front of you, otherwise... I find ragrants kinda sucks D:
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |