Page 189 of 199 FirstFirst ... 89139179186187188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1985

Cheap talises are nice indeed. My Heretic Saw was only 2m. Today I bought a few Dagash Talises for alt chars for only 50k each. Maybe instead of trying to educate the other forces, I should just be happy that talises are so cheap to buy. Many of the new rods are very expensive, even though they are terrible compared to talises.

All of these bad forces who only use rods, are they still using nothing but zonde? If they insist on a single tech to spam in every situation, sazan would be a much better choice.

I do use rods when rods are better, such as techs that need to constantly be re-aimed like nafoie and zondeel. I also will switch to a rod for buffs when my talis is far away. I'm not saying that you should never use rods, but that talises are much better in most situations.

To not max the talis skill is seriously gimping yourself.
    Quit PSO2

If you make a pure lightning build but don't max PP Save, you can afford all of the damage skills. This also goes amazingly well with a pure dark tree to Namegid bomb. A pure ice tree can't afford to go down the lightning tree, but has enough for Talis Bonus.

But I really can't recommend a talis for a pure fire build. Gifoie or Zondeel+Nafoie is great for mobbing, but against the Cats, Rockbear, or Org Blan I'd much rather have a rod. Ragne or Gwana can go either way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    Maybe instead of trying to educate the other forces, I should just be happy that talises are so cheap to buy.
    Economics 101 right there

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    If you make a pure lightning build but don't max PP Save, you can afford all of the damage skills. This also goes amazingly well with a pure dark tree to Namegid bomb. A pure ice tree can't afford to go down the lightning tree, but has enough for Talis Bonus.

But I really can't recommend a talis for a pure fire build. Gifoie or Zondeel+Nafoie is great for mobbing, but against the Cats, Rockbear, or Org Blan I'd much rather have a rod. Ragne or Gwana can go either way, though.
    It's true rod is better for bosses weak to fire, but if you don't have the talis skill on your fire tree, your talis damage will suck against small fry weak to fire and when you use other elements. For example, if you are doing Dragon Altar and using your fire and dark trees, your talis damage will be shit when using dark techs. If you are doing Forest and using your fire and wind trees, your talis damage will be shit when using wind techs.

Unless you were actually suggesting getting two fire trees; one with the talis skill and one without. I supposed there is some sense in that, although I still think you should have the talis skill maxed on every tree. Even if we are just talking about fire techs, the talis is the better weapon in most situations against small fry. Against bosses weak to fire, rod is usually better because you can constantly re-aim nafoie.

But that's the thing. You can use both weapons. Talis is best almost all the time, but when rod is better, you use a rod. Regardless of which weapon you pick, if you only use one, you are gimping yourself. The same goes for the techs. Use the best tech for the current situation. Why must most players insist on only picking a single attack for everything in the game?
    Quit PSO2

Yeah, I've got a lightning tree with Talis Boost and a fire tree without.

If you don't use a talis much, go for 5% stronger techs. If you do use a talis a lot, then you can make it 20% better but rods 5% weaker. Really wish you could get both. A lot of classes could really use another 5 SP CO.

Bit late to reply to gigawuts, but I guess what you're implying applies to people with only one tree. I have one tree for each element.

What I still do not understand is why ST being under Light Mastery 2 is a real issue. Even if you only have one techer tree, it's either going to have PPC, ST or be a melee tree.

To the current discussion, with the new 20% bonus, cards are indeed better than rods, that's not even a debate. However, cards are an acquired taste for most. I still do not use them. I only have one for some situations I find difficult to solo, since it is such a safe weapon type.

A lot of classes could really use another 5 SP CO.
    Most, rly. They give us two new skills that require 5 SP, but only 5 levels. Maths, much?
    Last edited by Hrith; Oct 26, 2013 at 02:39 AM.

We should have been gotten 5 no make it 10 sp or w/e since 2 lvl cap patches ago.\ point blank.

Sig by Gama

Yeah, I've got a lightning tree with Talis Boost and a fire tree without.

If you don't use a talis much, go for 5% stronger techs. If you do use a talis a lot, then you can make it 20% better but rods 5% weaker. Really wish you could get both. A lot of classes could really use another 5 SP CO.
    5% stronger techs? You mean 15% weaker techs? Yeah, you could go for that if you prefer being weak.
    Quit PSO2

Wind mastery techer sub for a fire FO main: Suggestions?

I'm addicted to PP Convert 10's ability to borderline sustain nafoie, but that costs me EWH. All I've got right now is both wind masteries to 10. I'd like PP convert and PP restorate, and EWH is kind of important for damage, but something's gotta go to make room for wind.

edit: This will also occasionally back up my ice FO tree. I should also mention that I've got another more standard TE tree for subbing on a fire FO, but I'd like something with wind as well.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Oct 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    5% stronger techs? You mean 15% weaker techs? Yeah, you could go for that if you prefer being weak.
    While using a 10% weaker weapon. So it's more like 5% stronger techs with talis and 5% weaker rod, or stay neutral using the rod only. I've been saying this since before the skill came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Wind mastery techer sub for a fire FO main: Suggestions?

I'm addicted to PP Convert 10's ability to borderline sustain nafoie, but that costs me EWH. All I've got right now is both wind masteries to 10. I'd like PP convert and PP restorate, and EWH is kind of important for damage, but something's gotta go to make room for wind.

edit: This will also occasionally back up my ice FO tree. I should also mention that I've got another more standard TE tree for subbing on a fire FO, but I'd like something with wind as well.
    Wind Mastery 1 + PPR + EWH + PPC 10

Both Wind Masteries + ST + EWH

I don't really know how to make a good wind tech tree with everything in it.