Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1985

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    西風の加護
    Seifū no Kago
    Literal Translation: Divine Protection of the West Wind
    English patch: Wind Protection

Boosts Wind tech damage

Only weapon with this latent is the Windmill wand
    I would love that on a talis, at least until I find Elysion.
    Quit PSO2

A lot of element latents should be on more than ... a single 7* weapon or not at all.

No, instead Sega just slaps JUST ATTACK BONUS on all five new weapons, that are also the otherwise strongest anyway.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised Sega didn't do that yet, considering the requirement of multiple skill tree for FO and their newest thread of strong multi-class weapon vs weaker all-class.

Maybe they are just giving us a break and already got that planned.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    A lot of element latents should be on more than ... a single 7* weapon or not at all.

No, instead Sega just slaps JUST ATTACK BONUS on all five new weapons, that are also the otherwise strongest anyway.
    I think they've done it on purpose. For the time being they want to keep wands superior for techers (emphasis on "want") and rods superior for forces. They added those bonuses as a pure novelty, nothing more. When it came time for techer's bonuses they slapped the dark bonus on the demonic fork because of laziness, mostly. It was the best rod for a while and still what a lot of players used, better give it a token latent so it stays the best at something.

That said, I'm anticipating that the FO element latents will come back with the PSO1 wands, which were the ones that originally boosted entire elements instead of just the simple techs...
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...39&sortby=name
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...6&sortby=class
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...3&sortby=class
    I figure those will actually be good weapons, assuming they don't make a whole new weapon class for them (in before they're all double sabers with tatk).

I wouldn't get my hopes up, because: where the hell is Elysions free foie spam? Or what about the agito special? For some reason they aren't using any of PSO1's specials so far.

Let's wait for them releasing Heavens Punishers without the special 'heaven punishment'

The exact specials aren't there, but the rough theme of many weapons is. This weapon focuses on elemental damage, that weapon focuses on direct damage, etc.

Besides, you're looking at it backwards. If they were to put those latents on new, actually powerful weapons, what would they do it on? My money's on those wands.

Hmm yeah true. It does fit with the current latent system (though I am stil hoping we will get special weapon bound PA's).

Let's just see Sega make them 7*s like the PSO1 canes.. >_>

I'd love weapon-bound PAs. Since day 1 I've wanted them to make certain weapons drop with PAs and techs pre-equipped to the slots, like the Orochiagito would've had Speed Rain with slight reworking so the model works with it, stuff like that.

But then we're still waiting on unit latents, so you know.

I hated that in PSZ, so no.

I do not like the idea of potential abilities at all, weapons should come with it, not require millions of meseta spent in grinding to get 150 more damage.

Also, weapon potential abilities that only increase damage are retarded. Why not have a weapon with better stats? Same thing. This is atrociously lazy work from SEGA, there.
    The only potential abilities I like are the ones such as those of Zapper Edge, Psycho Wand, Guld Milla or Holy Ray. These are unique and impact the gameplay.

More damage? Why should I care when everything dies in one Diffuse Shell? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    I hated that in PSZ, so no.

I do not like the idea of potential abilities at all, weapons should come with it, not require millions of meseta spent in grinding to get 150 more damage.

Also, weapon potential abilities that only increase damage are retarded. Why not have a weapon with better stats? Same thing. This is atrociously lazy work from SEGA, there.
    The only potential abilities I like are the ones such as those of Zapper Edge, Psycho Wand, Guld Milla or Holy Ray. These are unique and impact the gameplay.

More damage? Why should I care when everything dies in one Diffuse Shell? =/
    Ding ding ding.

If only Sega knew this, you know? Maybe if they had experience making even just one game where different weapons had different abilities to complement their base stats...

Like, for one weapon group the lowest damage weapon could have the highest potential damage via a berserk hp-sacrifice special. Then the next one up would be a bit more normal damage, no berserk special, but maybe it could...freeze on command? That would let you wail on something with reckless abandon while it's disabled. Then above that would be the highest normal damage, but no special for extra damage or locking down an enemy. Give it an alternative kind of damage, like low elemental damage, just for the sake of it. It would come in handy on something with super high regular defense but low elemental defense, but on anything else be the special would be useless because the base damage would already be powerful enough.

Oh right they did that ten years ago
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...73&sortby=name
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...83&sortby=name
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...12&sortby=name