Page 5 of 199 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

I believe the whole point of techer, is SEGA's answer to a true full support class. It is not meant to be stronger than Force in terms of damage.
    The benefits of the support are minimal. The first two shifta/deband passive buffs are borderline useless (+10 stats). The second two are good, but cost the majority of your skill points. You're left with a 20% better resta if you don't get those and a boost to range on your support skills for a short time every 2 minutes...

This is not really a big benefit... they should've had buff duration or at least a PASSIVE range increase. The second two buffs aren't even that great, +10% crit chance and -10% damage taken at the cost of 20 skill points (+ more if you had to go down a side of the skill tree you didn't want to). They're still hard to apply and short duration.

If I recall correctly the difference between Shifta LvX and LvX+1 is 1% power as well, so isn't every point into Shifta and Deband (not Critical/Cut) essentially another level of the technique? Meaning that Techer buffs are up to 10 levels higher than their Force counterparts?
    It boosts the power of the technique by the %. I tested it personally in game and the stat increase is minimal to none. I gave info on this earlier (quote below):

I have 830 t.ATK and it's giving me +1 stat for putting 2 points (+2% buff effectiveness) into it. That means 10 points would be +5 atk. If I was my force, I would have around 1400 t.ATK (less than double of what I have now), so at most I would be seeing a benefit of +10 atk.

Oh boy.

So, until further notice, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST specializing in the first two skills any further than what is required to advance the tree.
    It's just really bad. It boosts the effectiveness of the buff by a %, multiplicative, not additive. I would go as far as to call it a bug because of how bad it is, but SEGA seems to be really against any kind of balance changes, and if they change the effectiveness of a skill without giving us a reset... sigh...

If you expect Techer to be some sort of damage boss on its own, you're probably going to be disappointed.
    Oh I'm not. I'm trying to find the positives of the class. It's intended to do less damage, that much is obvious, however the support side is terrible. The stat increase on the buffs is nothing, the range increase isn't passive, no duration increase, SMALL heal increase... blah blah blah. The range increase for that SHORT time with Territorial Boost isn't even that big. If they wanted it to be a support class they could have done a lot more to make it a support class, instead we're stuck with a lot of pointless skills and support skills that do next to nothing to make you better at support.

honeslty it feels like techer is a bit more balanced then force, they survive a bit better, have more hp, and with wand gear they kick ass if they dont have pp.
    If we don't have PP, we get it back. We use a gunslash, we use a card, or we whack the mob in the face. The wand weapon for techer attacks SLOWLY, getting PP back slowly, making it take longer for us to start casting spells again (including support). This is a negative. I have the wand gear and I'm using the microphone event item on techer because it's a rod, and it's just better. More tech attack, faster attack speed (better PP generation), and just feels less clunky. As a techer I could pull out a card or a gunslash to start getting PP back, but then what the heck is the point of the wand? I don't think the gear's damage output makes up for the fact that you're getting PP back at a snail rate; at this point, I think it's a personal opinion thing, but if I was playing as a support, I would rather get PP back to heal my friends quicker than deal a little extra damage to that oodan.

Yeah, they have more defense, but it's just personal taste at this point that I'd rather have the offense. The defense isn't a bad thing.

I could see the uncharged version of Resta becoming useful with Advance applied.
    20% increase on resta. If your uncharged resta heals for 67, it will heal for 13 more for the cost of 10 skill points. Woo. I honestly think that maxing the tech attack passive will give you similar results and provide a more general benefit (more damage on spells and wand gear!).

What Techer really needs is a skill that increases the number of "ticks" Resta/S/D do, as a pseudo duration/range buff. Wish the SD range buff applied to Resta too.
    Now THIS is support. We need more range passively, we need duration boost on our buffs... etc. For a class that's dedicated to making our support skills better, this is pretty darn sloppy. I GUESS I can understand a lack of a duration increase if they intend for you to run around and just buff people all day in the party, but that clearly wasn't their intent when you whacking stuff in the face with a wand. It's just annoying, and the buffs are barely any better than if you were Force. The range increase of territorial boost doesn't even help when you have 4 people all fighting dragons hitting it on different sides, you still gotta run around and buff each person one by one. PSO1 still had better buff ranges than this.

Territorial boost does affect resta, but again... territorial boost is just annoying. It has a cast animation to turn on the buff, lasts a short time unless you pump skill points, and has a cooldown. If a bunch of people near me are hurt, I don't want to spend the time to cast a self buff, I need to get over there and heal them.

This is totally off topic so I apologize, but where are people getting PP Restraint from? Looking at the Japanese it puzzles me how the translator managed to stick an 'n' in there. "PP Restorate" (in my humble opinion) sounds better and makes sense considering the skill is helping "restore" PP, not "restrain" it.
    My initial thought was the same, but I shrug. English patch people/google translate/blahblahblah translated it as restraint.
    Last edited by Crevox; Sep 14, 2012 at 08:13 AM.

I doubt that uncharged Resta, or any other technique for that matter, will ever become useful. Resta Advance is a multiplier, and multiplying a pitiful number even by 1.5 won't make it any good. In fact, I'm sure that even if you combine Normal Tech Advance and Resta Advance, uncharged Resta will still suck ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    I doubt that uncharged Resta, or any other technique for that matter, will ever become useful. Resta Advance is a multiplier, and multiplying a pitiful number even by 1.5 won't make it any good. In fact, I'm sure that even if you combine Normal Tech Advance and Resta Advance, uncharged Resta will still suck ass.
    My guess is that hunter/etc will use uncharged techniques when they subclass Force, and they can't charge their techniques. To me at least, it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    My guess is that hunter/etc will use uncharged techniques when they subclass Force, and they can't charge their techniques. To me at least, it makes sense.
    That would be just horrible. Shifta, Deband and Anti would be the only usable techniques that way...

But yeah, that's one way how they can "balance" tech-casting subclasses.

I'm overall depressed at techer class :| but I'm gonna dabble a bit in convert hp to pp for fun before I completely quit the class.

Thankfully my mag is a hybrid I'm going to hunter then fighter after I am done messing around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    That would be just horrible. Shifta, Deband and Anti would be the only usable techniques that way...

But yeah, that's one way how they can "balance" tech-casting subclasses.
    I agree, but it just kinda seems like that's what they have planned. It's not like casting Foie as a HUmar was ever that great anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Oh I'm not. I'm trying to find the positives of the class. It's intended to do less damage, that much is obvious, however the support side is terrible. The stat increase on the buffs is nothing, the range increase isn't passive, no duration increase, SMALL heal increase... blah blah blah. The range increase for that SHORT time with Territorial Boost isn't even that big. If they wanted it to be a support class they could have done a lot more to make it a support class, instead we're stuck with a lot of pointless skills and support skills that do next to nothing to make you better at support.
    I haven't unlocked the class yet so I'm relying on the wikis (rather than reading it word-for-word in game), but this sounds like a letdown all around. The only reason I'm unlocking Techer is so I can go support Ranger/Techer in October, but all of these skill points seem wasted. According to you, the few worth getting have a huge investment. (Not to mention that with enough Ability critical hits are meaningless.)

Hopefully there's a silver lining somewhere or that SEGA messed up and will address it soon.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Oh man, I haven't started Techer but I was having so much fun with Fighters and Gunner and I was hoping the trend would continue with Techer but glancing over the Techer's Skill Tree and looking through here is pretty depressing for the class, lol.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Why did this get moved to guides? We're having a discussion here on a class :|

This is the subforum for gameplay discussion.