Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fox2Tails View Post
    MH is going to suck so badly on this pos

Tri played wonderfully, don't know what you're talking about.

Another RPG from Monolith... *prays for Xenoblade quality*

I wasn't interested so much in 3G because of the lack of online, but the Wii U fixes that, and from what I've heard, you can just use the same char on both versions (or something like that), which would be great.

I keep meaning to pick up Bayonetta, so maybe I'll finally get around to it... or not.

Overall, I'm not thinking the Wii U will suffer the 3DS's problem of not having major titles drawing people in at launch. (Okay, not quite at launch, but soon after)
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Fucking this. I wanted to play it so bad, but I think the Wii U is stupid, and refuse to purchase one. I am sorely, sorely disappointed by this news.
    I guess you could say you got blue balled

:edit: The game was pretty much dead before nintendo came along.
    Last edited by .Rusty.; Sep 16, 2012 at 03:29 PM.

The Two-Tailed Fox boy Fox2Tails's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post

Tri played wonderfully, don't know what you're talking about.
    And yet was a MASSIVE step backwards compared to Unite

Credit to MissMalice

Quote Originally Posted by Fox2Tails View Post
    And yet was a MASSIVE step backwards compared to Unite
    I don't necessarily think it was. Firstly, it was a new generation of Monster Hunter, so in terms of content, it was all new and original, whereas Freedom Unite pulled content from the first 2 games and their G versions. You know how capcom works. They'll put out a game, and then they'll later release a G version(like Monster Hunter), an Ultimate version(like Marvel vs. Capcom), or a Super version(like Street Fighter). The west just got lucky when Capcom granted they'd release Freedom Unite.

I know one big issue with MH3 was that they only used 6 blademaster weapons and customizeable bowguns. Although less weapon categories was unfortunate, the customizable bowguns were great, and I hope they make a return in the Wii U version.

As well, the online system was a serious improvement, at least in the west. In Japan, everyone carried their portables everywhere and had Monster Hunter play sessions all the time. They still do.
    But in the west, the online service was the best way to play Monster Hunter(without having to worry about going the XLink Kai route). You could just hop in and out of different online rooms depending on your goals and it was easy. If this weren't valuable, then why would they bother with putting online service on the Wii U one?

Another thing Tri had on Freedom Unite are the fixed hitboxes. Freedom Unite had some really crazy places where monster would cat-cart you even though it didn't look like they hit you. In Tri, that was not an issue.

I would argue that Monster Hunter Tri did it's job as a new game from the series by implementing more new and interesting things to play with. My only complaint would be more weapon categories.
    And if it truly was a step back, it wasn't MASSIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post
    Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U? sure.

Bayonetta 2 exclusively for the Wii U, when the first was PS3/Xbox360? wtfPlatinum%@&*(
    Fucking this. I wanted to play it so bad, but I think the Wii U is stupid, and refuse to purchase one. I am sorely, sorely disappointed by this news.

Fucking Nintendo probably bought them out so they could get another "popular" game to fall into their gimmicky 'console features.'
    Uh, you guys do realize these were actually the two options, right?

OPTION A - There isn't a sequel to Bayonetta.

OR

OPTION B - There is a Bayonetta sequel because Nintendo helps fund it.

Seems like any Bayonetta fan should be thrilled Platinum is getting a chance to make a sequel at all.

Honestly, it's pretty surprising Nintendo would do this, as Bayonetta is a fairly niche title. (It apparently only sold 1.3 million.) I don't see it being a huge system seller except for hardcore action fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Uh, you guys do realize these were actually the two options, right?

OPTION A - There isn't a sequel to Bayonetta.

OR

OPTION B - There is a Bayonetta sequel because Nintendo helps fund it.

Seems like any Bayonetta fan should be thrilled Platinum is getting a chance to make a sequel at all.

Honestly, it's pretty surprising Nintendo would do this, as Bayonetta is a fairly niche title. (It apparently only sold 1.3 million.) I don't see it being a huge system seller except for hardcore action fans.
    Well, considering I won't be playing it, it wouldn't matter to me either way if there was a sequel to it or not, as it being a Wii-U exclusive means it may as well not exist at all to me.

So no, I'm not really all that thrilled.

Also, it doesn't surprise me Nintendo would do it. It was a niche title, yes, but very well-received and had mostly great reviews. What better type of game to assimilate into their gimmicky bullshit than a well-built stylized action game with a cult following?

er you do realize that most of the gimmicky usage of motion controls on the original wii was because of nintendo forgeting to put a normal controller in with the console? A lot of them felt they had to use the wiimote because it was the only thing you can be 100% sure a wii owner will have.

Its not the same with the wiiU the tablet has the same layout as the pro controller and one of the systems selling points is some games can be played entirely on the tablet screen. Nintendo might of have been putting restrictions on developers in the past but they seem a bit more flexible with the rules now because some 3DS games do not even use the 3d effect.

Not played the 1st bayonetta but it has a lot of quick time events in cutscenes right? so the game already had gimmicky crap in it

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    Not played the 1st bayonetta but it has a lot of quick time events in cutscenes right? so the game already had gimmicky crap in it
    Sorry, I dislike Nintendo's more recent gimmicks from the Wii onward. Motion controls, 3D, whatever the fuck the Wii-U does. I hate all of it, the Move and the Kinect as well; I just like normal gaming. That's what I was referring to when I said that, not the game's contents itself.

Sorry you don't agree with me, but that's how I feel, and it's why I've abandoned Nintendo outside of the Pokemon games (and I'll stop buying those too once they stop making them for the regular DS).

I can understand the complaints about the wii. Kinda skiped over that console but mario galaxy and metroid prime 3 was great. Other m on the other hand was a complete train wreck. Didn't really play anything else on the system.

Plenty of normal gaming going on on the 3ds tho.

normal gaming
    Touch screens and motion control are significantly more normal these days compared to dedicated controllers.

Still, it's entirely your choice if you don't want to try different controls or features. You're just missing out on a lot of very good games.