Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Every other non-portable service? At this time, outside 3rd party Personal Computer programs, only Xbox Live actually offers that service with no arbitrary limitations. Even the Vita can't lay quite the claim given that already a good percentage of Vita games have the dreaded "Online services suspended" message the moment they start up. I really wish Sony didn't allow games to do that, or even promote that by doing it in even their first party titles.

Ok. There is another that allows it, but only by the same rule as Personal Computers do. The Mobile devices usually allow Skype activity to run in the background while running other programs, so they also count. iOS and Android.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Sep 26, 2012 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Every other non-portable service? At this time, outside 3rd party Personal Computer programs, only Xbox Live actually offers that service with no arbitrary limitations. Even the Vita can't lay quite the claim given that already a good percentage of Vita games have the dreaded "Online services suspended" message the moment they start up. I really wish Sony didn't allow games to do that, or even promote that by doing it in even their first party titles.
    Its most likely a ram issue with the ps3 and vita. The wiiU has 1gb ram dedicated to the OS so there should be no problems there but nintendo can be a bit slow when it comes to online stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post

Ok. There is another that allows it, but only by the same rule as Personal Computers do. The Mobile devices usually allow Skype activity to run in the background while running other programs, so they also count. iOS and Android.
    Well, seeing as Vita, iOS and Android are all a portable platforms, I think we can ignore them. I was mainly referring to Xbox Live, PSN, and Steam.

Unless you're telling me that PSN seriously still doesn't have cross-game, universal chat, to which my response is this: Seriously, y'guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Unless you're telling me that PSN seriously still doesn't have cross-game, universal chat, to which my response is this: Seriously, y'guys?
    Its impossible apparently

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2011/08/1...s-never-coming

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    Oof. I didn't realize that.

Though, to be honest... I don't even use cross-game chat that often. What I really think is necessary is just a universal (not game-by-game) chat system tied into a universal (not game-by-game) friend system.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I was mainly referring to Xbox Live, PSN, and Steam.
    Though Steam technically fits the bill (in that it does actually work), it is nothing short of astounding that they still haven't found a way to let you use a separate audio output device for voice chat from the rest of the game audio.

It's amazing, really, that it's been like this on Steam for so long.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."