Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dablacksephiroth View Post
    One of us has never played Final Fantasy XI.
    Lucky jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Lucky jerk.
    Quoted for truth, though! LOL! Man, amen to that.

Everyone honestly has to bitch about something. Before you do so next time, please look into the information your complaining about before you make yourself look like a fool.
    ~This message has been brought to you by Joh My God!~

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dablacksephiroth View Post
    One of us has never played Final Fantasy XI.
    Yeah because FF still had turn-based fighting when I thought about playing it. After they changed it to real-time fighting it was like they were just copying off of PSO so I just never bothered picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jOhMG View Post
    Everyone honestly has to bitch about something. Before you do so next time, please look into the information your complaining about before you make yourself look like a fool.
    I would like you to tell me what I missed because apparently I can't read and I'm just not getting it. Of course if you didn't understand what I was saying then that means you can read you just don't comprehend what you're reading.

This is for the people in the cheap seats. If this is not a Sub-class then we should be able to make that character from scratch. Not waste out time to get a character to level 30 only the unlock a different class and start at level 1. Plus each time you change your class with that one character it should save each load-out of weapons and gear for each class. That way you aren't spending 10 to 20 minutes changing out your weapons and gear. Again maybe I'm missing something here. So please do enlighten me.

That is a ligit complaint.
    Last edited by moorebounce; Sep 14, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    Yeah because FF still had turn-based fighting when I thought about playing it. After they changed it to real-time fighting it was like they were just copying off of PSO so I just never bothered picking it up.
    ....What.
    FF is mostly ATB (Active Tive Battle) which is turn based.
    XI is RTB (Real Time Battle) but even that has restrictions based on TIME, you can't press a button and instantly attack the way you do in PSO, it's always been based off of waiting for weapon delay, which is an attribute that each weapon has.

The only real-time battle FF that I know of is Versus, and that isn't even out yet.
    Final Fantasy is in no way copying PSO in that sense, they're actually pretty different in most aspects.

This is for the people in the cheap seats. If this is not a Sub-class then we should be able to make that character from scratch. Not waste out time to get a character to level 30 only the unlock a different class and start at level 1. Plus each time you change your class with that one character it should save each load-out of weapons and gear for each class. That way you aren't spending 10 to 20 minutes changing out your weapons and gear. Again maybe I'm missing something here. So please do enlighten me.
    It is not a sub class, because sub classes are coming out in October.
    Sub literally means under, and since you're working to hit level 30 to unlock the new class, saying it's a sub makes no sense anyway.
    Sub class is a system that lets you choose another class to SUB, for example:
    Say you're a FO, but you want to use a dagger, you SUB fighter, and become a FO/FI.

The NEW classes that just came out, are alternate classes, that give you something to work for.This is a MMO, there needs to be time sinks and achievements in the game or else people will not play for very long.
    I do agree that switching back to your prior class should keep equips you had on, but the problem lies with the storage, and sometimes what you had equiped is no longer in your inventory, but in all honesty, 10 mins to equip what, a max of 9 items? it should never take you that long.
    Last edited by MailboxJunkie; Sep 14, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
    --------
    PSO2: Beat -Ship 02

New classes are not advance or sub, they are normal classes.

They border between normal and advanced, but only because you need to reach level 30 with one class to unlock them. They're pretty much just normal classes in their own right. They're definitely not subclasses yet, although techer is pretty much a subclass without a main yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    SEGA could make money by turning the game into a Play 2 Win game,
    I really dont wont this game to become another PWI..
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    lol.. s'all good, man. Anyway, I've been through both forms of "subclass"ing in all the MMO's I've played.

I know the one you're familiar with is how most describe "Advanced class". Our translators in some games called 'em Subclasses. Example: A Mystic can take on the Advanced Class (or subclass they call it LOL) Time Stopper or Dark Bender after you reach a certain level and finish a certain quest, then decide your path.. only ONE path. The advanced class has its OWN unique stats and abilities plus it shares the same old abilities from the previous class.

Then there's the first form of subclass I've come familiar with before all this that defined my mindset of it. It came from Final Fantasy XI, where a subclass was a Substitute Class. Subclass was a SYSTEM, not a class as a whole. In FFXI, you level both classes separately, you choose a main class and then you choose a subclass of your liking. Your main class maintains your maximum level that you've progressed on it, while your subclass could only be HALF of what your main currently was if both were progressed equally.

Example: Main Class Lv50 Hunter / Subclass Lv25 Ranger

You could have all skills your lvl 50 Hunter has learned, but you could only use up to level 25 of the skills your Ranger has learned. (Since in that game, skills were learned by reaching a certain level)

Example: If Force learned Resta at Lv20, and you used it as a subclass but your subclass was Lv19 or below, you wouldn't be able to use Resta with your Main class until the subclass reached Lv20.

Blah, blah, blah~ :3

tl;dr:

Sub-class system is not out yet.
    The 3 new classes are real classes.
    We'll get Sub-classes in October.