Page 307 of 333 FirstFirst ... 207257297304305306307308309310317 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3323

Man, there are two competing pools, but apparently the dps one is dying. 5% in general isn't bad, that's true, but what if you are consistently dodging like gunner is meant to? You won't be dodging for every PA, but let's say 30-50% of them excluding boss knockdowns. Is 5% acceptable then? Maybe, but at that point, for what reason? I say, you can go full tanky Gu and get all the flash guards or whatever(people are vouching for tech, did Sega fix elemental attacks or did everyone forget that that damage is counted separately from the three damage types), or focus on consistent dps which is maxing FC and taking SRJA Bonus. Everyone's mindset of SRJA Bonus is 2014, like, whoa, get with the times. Dodge, tank, or die. You can combine the first two, of course, but I rather have a 15-20% bonus after each dodge, rather than tanking for 5 or 10% damage from FC alone.

Yeah Yeah, SRJA Bonus isn't 60% anymore, but even the 10% patting you on the back for dodging an attack rather than tanking, losing high time, etc, should be worth.

Skill tree, if at all interested:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0000jdB0000006
    Last edited by Dephinix; Jun 1, 2017 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Man, there are two competing pools, but apparently the dps one is dying. 5% in general isn't bad, that's true, but what if you are consistently dodging like gunner is meant to? You won't be dodging for every PA, but let's say 30-50% of them excluding boss knockdowns. Is 5% acceptable then? Maybe, but at that point, for what reason? I say, you can go full tanky Gu and get all the flash guards or whatever(people are vouching for tech, did Sega fix elemental attacks or did everyone forget that that damage is counted separately from the three damage types), or focus on consistent dps which is maxing FC and taking SRJA Bonus. Everyone's mindset of SRJA Bonus is 2014, like, whoa, get with the times. Dodge, tank, or die. You can combine the first two, of course, but I rather have a 15-20% bonus after each dodge, rather than tanking for 5 or 10% damage from FC alone.

Yeah Yeah, SRJA Bonus isn't 60% anymore, but even the 10% patting you on the back for dodging an attack rather than tanking, losing high time, etc, should be worth.

I suppose it's just a matter of preference, but taking points out of Attack PP Restorate makes me a little queasy.

It's not like anything's set in stone; you make a lot of good points. It kinda comes down to how handy you are with S Roll (I know I'm still trying to work the damn thing).
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post

I understand and agree for the most part with your reasoning. Just wanted to point out that you can alternatively use the roll JA points and pour them into attack PP restorate, maxed out showtime star (and put remaining points in whatever : I put them in showtime for faster gear building). The reasoning behind this is that I use Dead Approach's parry frames more often than I use stylish roll (I use the latter only for attacks that I feel won't get parried because multi-hit//hitting from behind/ uncomprehensible hitbox) which means I need all the PP sustain I can get to keep using my PAs while making always sure I'll have the means to DA through attack to do damage while dodging AND setting me up for ZRA

and yeah, face-tanking as GU is really errr. Flash guard and Automate are only there to make it easier for Perfect Keeper uptime when you do screw up. You can't afford to lose High time/One more time chances as GU, it's too much of a loss of damage, and showtime cooldown always hurt.

I've been playing a lot of GU/FI recently, and honestly, it's not too hard to leverage in raids. You have enough tools to dodge and stay alive in GU's kit, and a slot dedicated to Fornis TMG and/or a HP restore ring + mag healing actions make it surprisingly smooth to keep your PK up (although it's not as simple as to wait for automate to do its magic). if GU/FI can manage well enough with just this, Automate + flash guard should be more than enough.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 1, 2017 at 05:19 AM.

Well, this is why i made an account on the forum :P
    Glad to get some different perspective posted.
    Seems that preference is the deciding factor as all options have their pros and cons.
    I think ill lower some FG a little as i feel Gu is more about dodging than tanking (I got a Hu for that :P) and up the DPS skills.
    Also i read somewhere not to bother with things like crit in build (Fury crit in Hu tree in this case) but since most guide are outdated on this forum should i disregard that?

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

well, imo, FG is still useful, when "shit happens" occasionally. Not necessarily for tanking, just for protection.
    Also, sometimes, you might want to tank things when in the middle of ChainFinish, it helps while MH is still in cd.

As for critical ..... depends on classes too.
    Gu have TmgMastery, that'll increase damage when doing critical ...... as GuHu, you can get 100% critical rate with addition of ring alone, for melee range (50% ZRC, 20% ring, 25%, FuryCritical, 5% base), 100% rate means free 5% (8% with ring) damage up at melee range.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    well, imo, FG is still useful, when "shit happens" occasionally. Not necessarily for tanking, just for protection.
    Also, sometimes, you might want to tank things when in the middle of ChainFinish, it helps while MH is still in cd.

As for critical ..... depends on classes too.
    Gu have TmgMastery, that'll increase damage when doing critical ...... as GuHu, you can get 100% critical rate with addition of ring alone, for melee range (50% ZRC, 20% ring, 25%, FuryCritical, 5% base), 100% rate means free 5% (8% with ring) damage up at melee range.
    It's actually a bit more than 8% since you get rid of 90-100% variance of your weapon in the process, Keep in mind that ZRC only works for shooting type attacks, meaning that you lose 50% crit rate on striking type GU PAs (Dead Approach, Reverse TAP, Aerial shooting, Heel Stab kick part, IF 0 kick part), although that shouldn't prevent you from using those

nice they will nerf the class because they cant balance the game

Max front s-roll. There's your +20% damage on s-rolling (front only but still). Why bother wasting points for it.

Personally I'm OK with the CT power nerf if it means it'll be easier to keep a chain going and it can be used more often. These changes will help address my biggest gripes with using CT. It can be hard to get a good CF combo on some bosses that move too much (ex. Diabo) and it's annoying for some other bosses when you have a good Chain count on them and when you try to pop it, your PAs keep prioritizing other hitboxes than the one you have Chain on (Falz Hunar's body, ESCA Angel's body). Extra time to get positioning/a good set up going will be welcomed.

Elder Rebellion buff is cool. Hopefully Grim Barrage might be decent to start a CF with its buff. Now Messiah Time needs to be looked at again...

For those who are uninformed of the Gunner changes:

Chain Trigger
    Power nerf
    Reduced Recast time
    Extended duration
    No change in Chain Finish’s duration.

Chain Finish
    Now a Main Class only skill.
    Valid for Striking Power and Ranged Power with TMGs.
    Receives a Power buff.
    (The power combined with Chain Trigger will be lower than June 10th’s)

Twin Machine Gun
    Increased the amount of Gear accumulated with Dive Roll Shoot
    Elder Rebellion and Grim Barrage Power Buff
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom