Page 128 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 3323

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    1) You sometimes see people with shock as their third affix, but I do not recommend it. Shock isn't really useful for anything other than falz arm. If you want to affix a status, poison can do massive chunks of damage to TA caterdrans and weaken quartz/ex dragon to do some crazy damage to their poisoned hitboxes. AFAIK, you don't need anything more than poison lv1 for this.

2) It adds the specified ability to the pool of abilities you can add at 100%. Note that if you're going from 2->3 slots, you'll still get the slot expansion penalty. These are best used when you already have the amount of slots you want on the end piece on the fodder.

3) If you're within range, you get the bonus.

4) There's no reason to level up chain trigger to 5 if you're not getting chain finish. Keep it at 1 and dump the rest into perfect keeper. You also don't really need just reversal on gunner.

5) Criticals are awful in this game. They do not multiply your damage, they just hit at the top of your variation range. Don't invest SP, at least until SEGA revamps criticals.

1. What exactly does leveling up the status abilties do? Does it increase proc rates? As far as Shock is concerned, wouldnt it be better to slap it on an extremely weak weapon to apply shock without hurtting fatz too much?

2. So if I was going to use the device on a 2 ability weapon, it'd have a 90% add rate? That's what I'm getting from what you're saying.

4. Well I picked it up because...things happen. mfw you get thrown around and hit off the ground by something like Fat'z Basketball dribble.

5. Top of the variation range as in the DEX thing? My normal hits don't fluctuate that much on damage range, and it adds about 2-3k damage on crits.

1) There was a thread around here with specifics, but I cannot find it. If someone else wants to link it, that would be nice. The gist of what I remember is that proc rate and duration are unaffected with status level. In the case of poison/burn, the amount of damage inflicted is increased, but I do not think this affects quartz/ex dragon poison. And yeah, a weak shock weapon is ideal for falz elder. I just see a lot of "high end" affix jobs with shock III on them for some reason, when there's practically no use for it.

2) http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/enhance_3.php#nav

The penalty for 2->3 slots is 60% with one fodder and 70% with two fodders. If you start with 2 slots on your gear, you'll need a +20% affix ticket to have a 90% transfer rate of X Boost. Usually, you want to make sure these are 100%, given how expensive the whole process is.

4) I have JR on my hunter. With the level cap raise, you'll have enough points to get all of hunter's damage skills maxed along with JR. I could see taking it on gu if you play gu/ra a lot though.

5) Crits don't add damage. You'll just have to take the community's word for it, or spend a whole lot of time comparing damage you see. They'll only ever hit 100%. Nothing more, nothing less.

1) There was a thread around here with specifics, but I cannot find it. If someone else wants to link it, that would be nice. The gist of what I remember is that proc rate and duration are unaffected with status level. In the case of poison/burn, the amount of damage inflicted is increased, but I do not think this affects quartz/ex dragon poison. And yeah, a weak shock weapon is ideal for falz elder. I just see a lot of "high end" affix jobs with shock III on them for some reason, when there's practically no use for it.

2) http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/enhance_3.php#nav

The penalty for 2->3 slots is 60% with one fodder and 70% with two fodders. If you start with 2 slots on your gear, you'll need a +20% affix ticket to have a 90% transfer rate of X Boost. Usually, you want to make sure these are 100%, given how expensive the whole process is.

4) I have JR on my hunter. With the level cap raise, you'll have enough points to get all of hunter's damage skills maxed along with JR. I could see taking it on gu if you play gu/ra a lot though.

5) Crits don't add damage. You'll just have to take the community's word for it, or spend a whole lot of time comparing damage you see. They'll only ever hit 100%. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. What about abilties that are already on the weapon? In my case, my weapon has two abilties (Shoot III and Mizer Soul). While the device would have 60% add rate, would the abilties that are already present on my weapon be touched?

4. I'm rolling GU/HU most of the time. The only time I do GU/RA is for Dark Fatz. My thought process was that I wouldn't have enough points at lvl 60 to max out all of hunter's attack passives. That would be different after the fact, but hunter isn't my main class. I leveled it up first and subbed gunner by using a multi-class TMG. Got it to level 47, and made the switch to gunner to use Y9k.

And to expand on 4. I don't really like using hunter weapons, and lamb chop just can't keep up with the high hp pool in VH. I see there's another multi class TMG called H10 Missouri T, where is that obtained on the matter board? If I had another mutli class TMG that could keep up in damage, I could make the switch to hunter again and level that up.

Unfortunately, the penalty applies to all the affixes on the weapon, including existing ones. So if you have 3x Mizer + Shoot III and you use let's say Shoot Boost, you'll have (80%+120%+100%)*.70 = 56% + 84% + 70%. Even with a +20% ticket, you'll still have a chance to fail with 76% + 104% + 90%.

The guaranteed way to do this is to have your main equipment and both fodder with 3 slots.
    (Mizer + Shoot III + X) + (Mizer + Shoot III + Z) + (Mizer + W + Y) + Shoot Boost ticket + 20% boost ticket. This gives 100% on Mizer + Shoot III + Shoot Boost.

I am pitifully behind on matterboard, so I couldn't tell you. That would be a good way to level hunter up though. Personally, I level hunter with gunslash Hu/Ra.

Unfortunately, the penalty applies to all the affixes on the weapon, including existing ones. So if you have 3x Mizer + Shoot III and you use let's say Shoot Boost, you'll have (80%+120%+100%)*.70 = 56% + 84% + 70%. Even with a +20% ticket, you'll still have a chance to fail with 76% + 104% + 90%.

The guaranteed way to do this is to have your main equipment and both fodder with 3 slots.
    (Mizer + Shoot III + X) + (Mizer + Shoot III + Z) + (Mizer + W + Y) + Shoot Boost ticket + 20% boost ticket. This gives 100% on Mizer + Shoot III + Shoot Boost.

I am pitifully behind on matterboard, so I couldn't tell you. That would be a good way to level hunter up though. Personally, I level hunter with gunslash Hu/Ra.
    If you're using mizer then you only need one Shoot III.

Mizer already boosts the transfer rate of Shoot III by 30%, unless your previous number already took that into account.

Gunfail...fff... Even with Additional Boolet, I find it a pain to use. That third shot timing....srs...

Then what about this scenario;

My current weapon has Mizer and X.
    Both materials have Mizer and Shoot III
    Can I use the device for this?

My previous questions were under the assumption that I already have shoot III and Mizer on my weapon, though I'm planning to add that as soon as I can get a Mizer/X on my gun (I already have Mizer/Shoot III on two materials) alongside a 20% boost.

My mistake, you do only need one Shoot III in the scenario I wrote. Mizer adds +20% to Shoot III's transfer according to Cirno, and it has a base transfer of 60%. With a +20% ticket that would be 100%.

You can use a shoot boost ticket for that situation, but you will not be guaranteed the affix. It's impossible to guarantee a soul affix with a 2->3 expansion. The highest you can get is (3x souls + 20% ticket)*.70 = (100%)*.70 = 70%. If it fails, kiss 4mil for that shoot boost ticket goodbye.

I also have to reiterate that I think poison 1 is a better investment for a 3s.
    Last edited by GALEFORCE; Oct 6, 2013 at 05:55 PM.

My mistake, you do only need one Shoot III in the scenario I wrote. Mizer adds +20% to Shoot III's transfer according to Cirno, and it has a base transfer of 60%. With a +20% ticket that would be 100%.

You can use a shoot boost ticket for that situation, but you will not be guaranteed the affix. It's impossible to guarantee a soul affix with a 2->3 expansion. The highest you can get is (3x souls + 20% ticket)*.70 = (100%)*.70 = 70%. If it fails, kiss 4mil for that shoot boost ticket goodbye.

I also have to reiterate that I think poison 1 is a better investment for a 3s.
    In the case of poison, I'd need at least two material weapons with poison to get a 80% transfer rate. So I'm looking at something like

Material A : Mizer / Poison / Shoot III
    Material B : Mizer/ Poison / Y
    Yagerimestier 9k : Mizer/ Shoot III
    and 20%

Or did I miss something here... I'd be facing slot penalties and won't be able to get 100% add rate.

And also, what's a good handle on required DEX? I was thinking about switching unit sets, although I'm currently using luxe which has a nice DEX boost.

The Yas would need to be 3 slot, and doesnt need to have Shoot on it, but that would work. You would need to expand the slot on yas to do it... which is a pain, but you have to do it to guarantee the affix.

What I've done before, and it could be messy, is (Mizer + Shoot III) + (Mizer + Poison I) + (Mizer+ Poison I). This leaves you with (80%+80%+80%)*.7 = 56% + 56% + 56%. The chance to succeed is rather small, but it doesn't require the rare mizer/shoot/poison fodder (which you are essentially making here). Pick your poison, I guess.

I just think poison goes exceptionally well with TMGs. The rapid hits make applying it easier than on other weps. When it works, it shuts down quartz and ex rather well, and deals good dmg to high level caters.

You don't really need dex as a gunner. You can go pure ratk on mag and use other units if you really want to. I have 30 dex because i use the same mag for Ra/Hu, who needs it to equip Emperor Axeon (as if).
    Last edited by GALEFORCE; Oct 7, 2013 at 05:21 PM.

Need the absolute best GU/HU tree set up, Im trying to main Gunner but GU/RA isnt doing it for me with this low dmg out put, my units are fine, fang,shoot3, spirita boost.

I believe my GU tree is fine but I would like to see what other have done and i need to know what to invest in HU tree for this setup, Im not sure if i should just max out JA skills only or max out FS skill along with FSA skills too? and FC wont work with it right? thats just for S-atk?