Page 55 of 333 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykun View Post
    PP Regen Table:

IMHO, if you're not maxing Attack PP Restorate you're doing something wrong.
    ontopic: there are a number of values on this PP table that are inaccurate.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
    ontopic: there are a number of values on this PP table that are inaccurate.
    Which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
    so these last couple pages are trollin, right guys?
    Trolling is the only way to deal with Hrith

Yet you have not given one good argument.
    Calling names is the extent of your intelligence.
    Not like I have proven you wrong with thorough in-game figures countless times, now.
    As usual, sheep.

You people have no idea what DPS is, really. You see BIG NUMBARZ here and there and immediately think that means you are more powerful.

Chain Finish is really the skill you'd want the least on gunner for DPS. Unless you are making a tree for the sake of breaking damage records, it's best left untouched.
    The skills on the left part of the gunner tree will boost your DPS higher than Chain Finish could ever hope to.
    If you want to get Chain Trigger past Lv1 for a better cooldown, suit yourself, but it's wasted SP when you're never going to use two CT within 60 seconds of one another, not to mention you'd need WB, too, and the shortest cooldown is 90 seconds. Furthermore, a high-level WB does not go well with GU/RA, since you're going to change to mechs for damage.

So are you going to increase your damage by an irrelevant amount when fighting bosses, or by a significant amount in 100% of the situations?
    Why 'irrelevant'? Because if I can finish off bosses by using CT Lv1 once, what's the use of having lower CT cooldown or higher CT damage?

What's hilarious is that I do play with gunners who have CT Lv10 and CF Lv10 and are like 'my CT is so awesome', but 1) they do not use CT more than three times a run, at the most, 2) they do not significantly outdamage me, and 3) I vastly outdamage them 95% of the mission.

Of course, now you're going to say 'I'm different, I do use CT all the time'. No, you don't; just like players who use Quartz Soul + Power III on all units and spend the entire AM on the floor (so much I have had to ask them to drop moon atomisers, but later proceeded to ignore their corpses), yet diss hunters or fighters using defensive abilities and souls, because 'they do not get hit' or 'dying is rare in this easy game'. You have to listen to those people, it's worth the laugh... or not.

On one of my previous trees - thank you, skill tree reset ticket - I had Aerial Advance Lv10, it's very bad. I have ever so rarely actually seen any damage increase, and juggling monsters is more than common with Elder Rebellion.

The highest DPS-boosting skill on the gunner tree is PP Attack Restorate, unsurprisingly, since more PP = more PAs, and unlike Killing Bonus from the ranger tree, it works on bosses.

Finally, Killing Bonus sucks for various reasons:
    -you need to be very close to the monsters, on a RANGED class, the range is about half the range required for ZRA.
    -you do not have to be the killer to get the PP, but in PSO2, the killer determines monster location, so if an enemy is near you on your screen, but not on the screen of the person who gives the finishing blow, you get no PP.
    -from all players who have got the skill, the only thing you hear is 'I never run out of PP during bursts, now'. Okay, great, that's probably the general idea behind Killing Bonus, but who needs PP during PSE bursts? Rangers need PP during boss fights, any other time, PP is never an issue. As RA/HU, I never find myself wanting more PP outside of boss fights, which is not the case as HU or FI, two classes which would have made a much better use of this ranger skill.
    -GU/RA have the immensely superior Attack PP Restorate skill.

There is definitely far more range on Killing Bonus than ZRA. I get ZRA's bonus far less than Killing Bonus because ZRA needs a ridiculously short range, which isn't useful most of the time. GU/RA is most superior using gunslash with Additional Bullet for mobs, rather than close-range mechguns (time "wasted" closing in (although Dead Approach can solve this), and mechguns are weak anyway), in which you won't get ZRA, but you CAN get Killing Bonus rather easily.

Maxing WB is for the lower cooldown, and for helping your teammates breaking parts. Not maxing Weak Bullet is stupid, as you don't use only 1 weak bullet per boss if you're doing something like MPAs or boss runs, as you're not trying to kill the boss as fast as possible with nothing broken, you're trying to kill the boss as fast as possible while breaking all the parts. There are bosses where breaking the parts is pointless (EG: Zeshrayda), but even then you want at least 3 WB to kill Zeshrayda efficiently (one to break his leg, one on his body to knock him down and then one on his core to finish him off).

Mechguns are, overall, vastly outclassed by Gunslash and Launcher in the majority of situations. They're better for finshing off bosses, but that's about the only reason I can find for using them, as I will always kill faster with Launcher and Gunslash, especially since Gunslash can get Standing Snipe bonus from multiple Additional Bullets in the air, while Mechguns can only get Standing Snipe bonus from Satellite Aim and Elder Rebellion which are pretty inefficient most of the time.

And even then, Homing Emission with maxed out ZRA can make bosses even more of a joke that you won't find yourself using Mechguns anyway.

I know what DPS is, and mechguns are not DPS.

I've heard ZRA's range described as pretty much serpent air range. Your player model essentially needs to physically contact the target.

Gunner is itself not a DPS class. Gunner is a single-target burst damage class. The title of DPS class goes to either FO (with lightning) or melee, which if they can get in range are hands down the best DPS in the game simply because they have basically no downtime. They have lots of hoops to jump through, and lots of downtime from chasing targets, but if we're pitting them at 0 feet from a target melee definitely has weapons better designed for DPS, due to better normal attack damage and a buttload of PP recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Date Posted Today, 04:20 AM
    everything makes sense now
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    A bunch of goofy shit

Finally, Killing Bonus sucks for various reasons:
    -you need to be very close to the monsters, on a RANGED class, the range is about half the range required for ZRA.
    -you do not have to be the killer to get the PP, but in PSO2, the killer determines monster location, so if an enemy is near you on your screen, but not on the screen of the person who gives the finishing blow, you get no PP.
    -from all players who have got the skill, the only thing you hear is 'I never run out of PP during bursts, now'. Okay, great, that's probably the general idea behind Killing Bonus, but who needs PP during PSE bursts? Rangers need PP during boss fights, any other time, PP is never an issue. As RA/HU, I never find myself wanting more PP outside of boss fights, which is not the case as HU or FI, two classes which would have made a much better use of this ranger skill.
    -GU/RA have the immensely superior Attack PP Restorate skill.
    Much as I hate to say it, I agree with him on this point. Killing bonus' range is way too short to be affective on a ranged class. This would have been a brilliant skill as it is on fighter or hunter, but on ranger I find it pretty lackluster.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

"Why would you ever want more Chains?"

Nab and Amd TAs, any MPA, any mob you'd use a WB for (not necessarily both)

Yup, let's get 10-15% more damage on trash instead of 70-175% during chains.

You mean you dont want to be able to do bonus damage on the things you practically one shot already? You'd rather be able to kill bosses faster?

...The hell you say.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!