Page 7 of 333 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast

You can charge Aerial Shooting and you can extend Bullet Squall as well as Messiah Time. Do we know of any others?

Yeah it's been cover along some quirks from the other PAs. Maybe the OP should be updated to include them. While I knew about the Aerial Shooting being chargeable I didn't pick up on extending Bullet Squall or extra bullets during Messiah Time until read this thread. EDIT: Oops I was a little slow in posting...heh.

I bit the bullet and got Max Chain Trigger, having 1min cooldown is pretty much a more consistent boost of damage come boss time. Usually after you pop it then do a decent size chain rep the skill is halfway ready to be available again. So you don't have to worry about trying to cash big all in one go from a 80+ hit chain or feel like it's a waste of time or something silly happens to makes you screw it up. Making it more flexible to use.

Like from doing a test Quartz solo run it would be annoying when I put the chain target on him then he decides to fly off screen, automatically killing the chain via time stalling. The quick boosted damage from the small chain reps into Satellite Aim spam was having me blow up his different breakable parts at a pretty good rate. Mizer was another good example, when he cools down and reveals his weakpoint you only have a few seconds to do anything else the chain target automatically goes away once he finishes his recharge.

It still pales in comparisons to Weak Bullet's ability to load multiple shots per activation though but whatever. I kind of know where I want to go with my build now, just would let to see more info and impressions of the Attack PP Restore skill.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Enforcer of Evil™

Messiah Time doesn't extend the animation, it shoots more bullet in the same time frame, so no matter the situation, mashing while Messiah Timing is definitely worth it. (edit : double crossed, or even triple crossed, doh)

Also it took me some tries but I can finally use mechguns properly. All I had to do was play them exactly the same way I would play a melee weapon. Oh did it changes things so much. I use Aerial Shooting as not-step attack and spam the shift dodge oh so much.

You can cancel many PAs with the shift dodge by the way, which is really useful.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

Yeah, looks like PA quirks are mentioned pretty often here, so I'll add what we know so far to the first post.

And LionHeart-, I'm not sure if you'll read this, but everywhere I look, people are saying that Aerial Advance increases damage when your target, not you, is in the air. I still haven't found a 100% proof of either theory, but the notion is just a bit too popular.

What's Messiah Time's purpose? It is by far one of the most useless Gunner PAs imo. :/
    Super slow and super low damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    What's Messiah Time's purpose? It is by far one of the most useless Gunner PAs imo. :/
    Well, Spinning Death does what Spinning Death does best. No surprises here.

Enforcer of Evil™

If all attacks connected (if), the damage would be pretty high. Problem : the hitbox on that PA is simply terrible. If a bullet could hit an area bigger than the bullet itself, it would have a lot less trouble dealing damage.
    Its strength is its err, improbable invincibility frames. Improbable because you're invincible during pretty much the whole thing (excluding the start up and the end of the move). It also looks awesome, that's a plus, I guess.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    super long invulnerability frame, not really that worthless just very, very slow and the range is very short too
    and just as Dycize said

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    Well, locking on not only follows the target, which is useful considering how fast and narrow the mechgun attacks are, but it also makes the shift dodge not completely useless.
    Afaik, you can't shift dodge to the sides without locking on, it'll just be the backflip.
    Yes, you most certainly can. I do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    I found the normal camera mode to be generally annoying with ranged weapons, mechguns are no exception. TPS mode, while it allows to shoot where we want, is limited by the speed of the weapon and the PAs don't allow to move the camera to the side.
    So you end up with lock on, which allows shift dodging on the right and left, and mechguns are surprisingly accurate, so you don't end up missing half your shots like with assault rifles. It also makes shooting things in the air much, much easier.
    I often wonder if I'm playing the same game as you guys. I find aiming mode and locking on to be extremely situational, not the rule, this weapon included. You're more easily able to react to the situation at hand, your field of view isn't limited, and the lock-on's method of choosing targets (see also, "purely at random") is fucking infuriating at times.

Then again, as I say everywhere else, I really like Thrillsplosion, and Thrillsplosion is total garbage unless free-fired, so I have a lot more practice at going free style than most people seem to bother with, which makes them automatically assume it's terrible, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    I often wonder if I'm playing the same game as you guys. I find aiming mode and locking on to be extremely situational, not the rule, this weapon included. You're more easily able to react to the situation at hand, your field of view isn't limited, and the lock-on's method of choosing targets (see also, "purely at random") is fucking infuriating at times.
    There are separate buttons for triggering lock-on and switching targets, and the latter helps a lot when you accidentally lock on a wrong one. And lock-on is somewhat useful - not only can you dodge to the side when you want to dodge to the side somewhat consistently that way, but you are also able to shoot your target if it's rushing past you at that moment. Not all that fancy, but still helpful.

Also, I updated the OP with some notes on PAs that have been posted here and that I saw when playing. Hopefully it's not wrong or anything.
    Last edited by Sp-24; Sep 16, 2012 at 06:42 PM.