Page 8 of 333 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast

I'm aware of the separate lock buttons, but the problem remains that you have zero control over what it decides to lock, or what next. It should be as simple as the point you're most closely facing, but, well, it isn't.

As for the update on your original post, it's been stated earlier in the topic, but there's really no reason not to max Zero Range Advance; the majority of your attacks are only effective at point-blank range.

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    Messiah Time doesn't extend the animation, it shoots more bullet in the same time frame, so no matter the situation, mashing while Messiah Timing is definitely worth it. (edit : double crossed, or even triple crossed, doh)
    Yeah, my bad. Just lumped the two together since they were both mashing >_< .

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post

And LionHeart-, I'm not sure if you'll read this, but everywhere I look, people are saying that Aerial Advance increases damage when your target, not you, is in the air. I still haven't found a 100% proof of either theory, but the notion is just a bit too popular.
    Ohhh! Interesting indeed! I haven't really heard about that thought. So, just throwing a few scenarios out, to see if it fits Aerial Advance.

1) Aerial Advance only applies when I am on the ground (moving or standstill), while shooting a monster which is in the air (flying, jumped or juggled).

2) Aerial Advance only applies when I am in the air preforming a normal attack or photon arts, while the monster is in the air (flying, jumped or juggled).

3) Aerial Advance applies when I am on the ground (moving or standstill) and when I am in the air (jumped, then using shoot/PA or used a PA that lifts the character from the ground and hits opponent).

I hope the above makes sense. What do you guys think? I'm more inclined to think its number (3). It doesn't matter weather the character is on the ground or in flight, the monster has to be off the ground.

Thank you!

(EDIT) Thanks for the tip on the PA's. The spinning death really owns now! Shame for low numbers atm, but loads of hits.
    Last edited by LionHeart-; Sep 16, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Infinite Love is the only Truth. Everything else is a Illusion.

Enforcer of Evil™

Consensus seem to point to option 3 : no matter where you are, the monster has to be in the air.

@Geistritter : You missed my post where I learned how to use mechguns =p I don't lock on anymore (except for bosses, I don't trust the automatic aim to make me shoot where I want) and do plenty of side dodging without it. Those weapons really have to be used with a melee mindset.
    Also, people use gunslashes in TPS/lock on mode for reasons other than shooting/using Aiming Shot? Madness.
    Last edited by Dycize; Sep 16, 2012 at 07:02 PM.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

You missed my post where I learned how to use mechguns =p I don't lock on anymore (except for bosses, I don't trust the automatic aim to make me shoot where I want) and do plenty of side dodging without it. Those weapons really have to be used with a melee mindset.
    Most people in this game are extremely stubborn and lacking in will to adapt. I wrongly assumed you'd be in the same camp.

Also, people use gunslashes in TPS/lock on mode for reasons other than shooting/using Aiming Shot? Madness.
    I wouldn't know, or be terribly interested. Thrillsplosion just taught me a lot about movement and use of free aiming, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart- View Post
    3) Aerial Advance applies when I am on the ground (moving or standstill) and when I am in the air (jumped, then using shoot/PA or used a PA that lifts the character from the ground and hits opponent).
    Yeah, I'm sticking to this theory, too. I'll try to find somebody with a video on Japanese site, but so far, I only have a few anonymous posts supporting this.

The skill description is "while an enemy is in the air", guys. It really doesn't require this much guessing at. If it's in the air, whatever you're doing, in the air or not, doesn't matter.

That said, you can do some effective juggling on certain high HP enemies with things like Satellite Aim, keeping them aloft while inching forward with the regular attack, but I don't think the multiplier is quite enough to justify it. 150%, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    The skill description is "while an enemy is in the air", guys. It really doesn't require this much guessing at. If it's in the air, whatever you're doing, in the air or not, doesn't matter.
    Are you sure about that, though? I'm not very good at Japanese, but after using what little skill I have and two automatic translators, I still couldn't figure out which one is it. And even Bumped.org went with a general "air-you-enemy-attack" that can be interpreted either way.

I'm only going off of what it says. I don't have it myself, but I still think you're giving it too much thought.

That said, most of the skills on this class aren't particularly useful, so I might end up getting it just because there isn't a lot else I want. Chain Attack strikes me as something that I won't bother with; I feel like the time spent not using PAs in an attempt to build the chain would offset whatever bonus you end up getting, in the end, and that's not even accounting for the times where you'll build a chain, then can't finish it for whatever reason.

Thus, Aerial Advance seems like one of the few other options beside R-Atk Up, and since I haven't spent a skill point in awhile, I'd notice the difference, regardless of where it applies, pretty quickly if I dumped a bunch of points into it at once. Give me your thoughts on the above paragraph, and I'll think about it some more.

Looking forward to you testing this skill if you are brave enough to spend SP on it, then.