Default PP Convert vs PP Restraint /Both

Just a bit of maths for thoughts and discussion:

Base PP regen: 5 PP/s. Average Technique cost: 20 PP. So it takes 4 seconds to regen 20 PP.

PP Restraint: 40% PP regen increase: 7 PP/s. Takes 3 seconds to regen 20 PP (21).

PP Convert: 100% PP regen increase for 30 seconds: 10 PP/s (2 min recast timer). Takes 2 seconds to regen 20 PP.

So in 30 seconds PP Convert would have regened an extra 150 PP. Because of the 2min recast timer PP Restraint would have regened an extra 240 PP in 2mins, so it beats Convert by 90 PP. Though in 30 seconds PP Restraint only gives 60 PP.

Now I'm curious to see whether they stack bonus's... If so, since PP Convert is added to your base regen and PP Restraint is multiplicative I assume you will get 14 PP/s in combination, that is 1 PP/s short from TRIPLING your base PP regen. That means 270 extra PP in 30 seconds compared to the 150 extra PP with PP Convert only. Edit: this can also be said for the mag Photon Blast PP regen.

Does this mean going for both skills is worth it i wonder...
    Last edited by Silver Crow; Sep 17, 2012 at 06:40 AM.

It would be worth it if you had the skill points to max both..

Looking at the techer tree, you can get NEAR maxing both skills, but in return you will miss out on everything else, namely shifta advance... which is a bad idea.
    Last edited by Rien; Sep 17, 2012 at 03:40 AM.

Also don't forget that you stop regenerating PP while charging / casting techniques.

If I had enough points I'd probably take PP Restorate and PP Convert together, but if I had to take just one I'd take PP Convert for when I need a short burst of PP. Together with my mag's PP Recovery J, things should go pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    It would be worth it if you had the skill points to max both..

Looking at the techer tree, you can get NEAR maxing both skills, but in return you will miss out on everything else, namely shifta advance... which is a bad idea.
    In the future we'll get more skill points, in October we will get +10 for getting to level 50 + there is a chance they will add a quest for more skill points (or maybe in the future). So getting both these skills isn't hard, but the question is "is it worth it?" we'll have to see

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    Also don't forget that you stop regenerating PP while charging / casting techniques.

If I had enough points I'd probably take PP Restorate and PP Convert together, but if I had to take just one I'd take PP Convert for when I need a short burst of PP. Together with my mag's PP Recovery J, things should go pretty well.
    Subclasses are round the corner, before you know it you'll have Charge PP revival on your Techer. And yeah that's the thing, if you're going for either Restorate/Convert which is better. As you can see Restorate gives 90 PP more that Convert but as you said sometimes you need that quick burst of PP (150 extra, only 60 with Restorate in 30 seconds).

But another argument is you've got your PB for that quick burst of PP... and what if Restorate also stacks with the PB? You'll have triple the base regen so in my eyes Restorate is the better skill...
    Last edited by Silver Crow; Sep 17, 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Crow View Post
    Subclasses are round the corner, before you know it you'll have Charge PP revival on your Techer. And yeah that's the thing, if you're going for either Restorate/Convert which is better. As you can see Restorate gives 90 PP more that Convert but as you said sometimes you need that quick burst of PP (150 extra, only 60 with Restorate in 30 seconds).

But another argument is you've got your PB for that quick burst of PP... and what if Restorate also stacks with the PB? You'll have triple the base regen so in my eyes Restorate is the better skill...
    I've seen a video of a JP player testing and it looks like PP Convert stacks with the photon blast, but I have an Apus for attacking, so I'd only have PP Convert to regain PP with.

I'm not getting my hopes up with subclasses, but in a worse case scenario where we can't use PP Revival if we subbed Force, I'd probably stick with PP Convert, then when we get more skill points dip into PP Restorate.

... smells like photon flare... and photon flare was realy bad. id look at it as having an extra 60 base PP for 30s, which is a lot, BUT 30s is not a long time and a 2 minute cool down is.. Or instead you could drop those ten points into wind mastery and have an extra 20% damage boost to wind all the time. wind is good.. Anyway not trying to tell you what to do or flame anything. imo it just doesnt seem worth 10 points (more if youre not interested in investing in poison), thats all...
    PSO2 Ramen Force Newman Male
    Ship 10
    Block 20

I was originally going to get both on my techter but I changed my mind on pp convert. It only works 25% of the time, plus it will take up a slot on the hotbar. Level 10 PP restorate should be a big help with force's pp trouble. It would also allow me to put some points into wind mastery.

Basically what I want is the ability to use techs nonstop. PP convert is temporary, so you will have crappy pp regen when you aren't using it. With lv 50 for both force and techter, we might be able to reach a point where we only run out of pp with fire techs.
    Quit PSO2

PP restraint with PP revival (when subclasses are out) should be more than enough. I'd ignore PP convert, but might be useful for fire techs since they burn pp fast.
    New Classes - (10Fi : 33Gu : 15Te) || Ship01 Team ミスリル

Old Classes - (40Hu : 31Ra : 32Fo) || Ship01 Team ミスリル