Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. Better than the last 2 movies, and it never got a fair chance.

The same day that I realized I was really starting to enjoy Awake was the day I found out it was cancelled.

Still, I don't know how sorely I miss it. It could be pretty good, though.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    You obviously don't understand satire very well, do you? That was the point. I have a few friends from Texas and they used to tell me how accurate some of the show's portrayals were of people that live out there, lol. Like most cartoons, it was just poking fun at something to be funny.

It didn't need a plot. Does The Simpsons have a plot? No.

TV shows can still be good even if the episodes don't follow any sort of plot. Hell, there are even critically acclaimed shows such as Star Trek which are episodic and follow no sort of plot from episode to episode, yet they are still fantastic. The same can be said for anime. So yeah, your argument for that was pretty moot, honestly.
    I seem to have struck a nerve. I don't like king of the hill, because I can pretty much travel an hour away from where I am and get the same thing. You can understand my annoyance with it.

there's something on my monitor did I put a period ohgod I can't tell

Well, some of these series had a great life and a good amount of time with them. I'll mention ones that were completely cut short.

1. Sledgehammer (The original gun romancer)
    2. FireFly (So many questions left unanswered, even in the movie).

Even though it sucked, I kinda wish Mortal Kombat: Conquest went on for another season.

Terminator: SCC should've had another season, but FOX is retarded. Maybe one day Sci-Fi or Spike will pick it back up. Futurama got another chance so why shouldn't it?

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    I seem to have struck a nerve. I don't like king of the hill, because I can pretty much travel an hour away from where I am and get the same thing. You can understand my annoyance with it.

there's something on my monitor did I put a period ohgod I can't tell
    You didn't strike a nerve. I just thought your statement was funny, lol. Hell, I don't even have to travel an hour away from where I am to get the same experience. I live in Alabama for crying out loud. I get that kind of behavior in my own home.

That doesn't mean I'm not interested in watching a show which mocks that behavior though, lol. I may live in the South, but I was born and raised for half of my life in the North, so rednecks always amuse me in one way or another :P

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Well, some of these series had a great life and a good amount of time with them. I'll mention ones that were completely cut short.

1. Sledgehammer (The original gun romancer)
    2. FireFly (So many questions left unanswered, even in the movie).
    Would "The Tick" qualify? It may not have been all that great of a show, but it amused me... and I can't get enough of Patrick Warburton's cheesy action hero voice.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I miss Scryed and Zoids or any anime that come close to being as epic as those animes. I haven't seen any decent action or mecha animes in awhile whenever I have the free time. I gave Toonami another chance and watched a few of the new animes that's on. I like them so far but Eureka Seven drags on way too long and you have to watch it to figure out what's going on. I got bored of watching it and had to ask someone to spoil it for me. I'm going to give it another chance and hopefully I can stand it enough to watch it through a few times.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Jerichooooo! Yeah, the ratings were poop, but the show was just way too damn good.

It wasn't CANCELLED persay but the day that adult swim decided not to fund Korgoth of Barbaria was the day I shut off my cable.