Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Purveyor of things cute

Does anyone believe that there's a definite pattern among those who offer dupes online of not being able to speak correctly, for example, refusing to spell anything right or using things like "ur" and "trd" and never saying please or thank you in any form? Not to say that everyone who uses bad grammar and spelling is a duper, but it seems that many people who try to offer me things in trades offer many uber-rares and don't speak (type, rather...heh) very well, and I haven't really met someone whom I thought was a duper that also spoke well. What do you think?

I DON'T PLAY ANYMORE DONT IM ME!

No question in my mind. If you sit there and try to give me something saying: "4 u take" I'm going to think something is up.

Oh fucking god, here we go again with the grammar police.

Meh, more fuel for me.

On 2003-03-28 14:00, Phelan wrote:
    Acutally I would take it one step further and say that bad typing style = possible cheater = probably young/ immature. Honestly it doesn't take much more effort to make you statement easily readible than it takes to type poorly. This trend is evident in just about every game out there. Although with every generalization there are exceptions of course.

Oh yeah, this isn't grammer police, no one really cares if you can't write/spell/punctuate well, just as long as it is understandable and doesn't make you seem illiterate.

Actully it is, anytime I see someone make a god damn spelling error, sirens wail (people screaming) and then the dick riding starts.

"wheres your capatalization and punctuation??/ (most of the time these people make errors them selves)"

Don't people have anything better to do then worry about other people's typing skills? Yeesh.

Although people may not spell well on the internet... It can't really be compared. I know people who just can't spell. I don't think they have a link between these two subjects... Plus we're not really in English class when playing video games.. I personally hate mispelling words but I know many people who could just care less... *cough* my cousin *cough*... But that's another issue...

We aren't talking about poor spellers/ grammar users. Atleast I am not. I am talking about the people who shorten up words to such an extent that no one knows what they mean/ people who use abriviations know one else knows/ those who use hacker speak. I myself am a piss poor speller. I really have no right to bash people who can't spell.

And being keyboards have been out since day 1 of US PSO, everyone can type in full sentances, so there really is no excuse...

Dangly Parts

well, everyone with a keyboard ....

i take pride in using proper grammar, and if i had a keyboard, i wouldn't be caught dead using "u" or "ur" anymore

It's usually immature people who type like that, I've seen it in every game. Though saying that, I know a lot of cool people on the net who don't type amazingly.

And some dupers type in full sentences, it's hard to link the both of them together but I see what your getting at.

-Piro Skies