Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

@Evilmag: Melee classes get the short end of the stick? Melee and Ranged classes will be able to self heal/buff and cast most of the current techs, unless Sega restricts certain techs to Force only as well... Being stuck with Force only weapons when subbing Fighter is like Sega letting us sub Ranger but refusing to let you use weak bullet at all, even with a Flower Bouquet - in other words, what's the point?

@ ScottyMango: I'd have preferred that they unlocked one weapon class from your chosen subclass based on subclass level rather than having 20% more stats. Still hoping we get the Class Extend system from PSPo2i to ease away these stupid restrictions.

Was hoping against hope that this particular scenario wouldn't play out, but looks like it did. Oh well. Sooo, any one got a list of all the "All-Class" weapons currently available? Pretty sure only Soul Eater and Duel Gaze are the only current exceptions to being non joke items.

Anyway, my thoughts on the combinations. Wonder if these will be accurate once October comes around.

---
    HU/FI or FI/HU: No issues imo. Only need to reverse subclass choice if you want the other weapons.

HU or FI/RA: Will need an expensive Bouquet Rifle to work effectively, but otherwise ok. Weak Hit Advance will be a major boon, as would be traps or grenades.

HU or FI/GU: Similar to RA. No weak bullet and fancy tools, but Chaining skills should be quite powerful.

HU or FI/FO: Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti. Nuff' said.

HU or FI/TE: Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti and 20% more Def stats. Nuff' said.

---
    RA/GU or GU/RA: RA/GU seems a little better than the reverse imo, but I haven't tried Mechguns yet. Either way not much differences.

RA or GU/HU: Guard Stance will be of some use for sureBut Fury Stance seems useless unless it also increase R-Atk. Otherwise, no other utility other than added stats.

RA or GU/FI: Brave and Wise Stance will be useful, but no other utility other than added stats.

RA or GU/FO: Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti. Nuff' said.

RA or GU/TE: Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti and 20% more Def stats. Nuff' said.

---
    FO/TE or TE/FO: Basically, do you want to use Rods, or Wands? Kinda annoying for me because I had an alt concept that would be using wands as a FO/TE. :P This just killed it.

FO or TE/HU: Aside from increased defenses, Soul Eater and Guard Stance, there goes all hope of making a fancy magic knight with specializing in magic.

FO or TE/FI: Sub Fighter without daggers/double sabers/knuckles? Might as well not even bother. This was the setup I was aiming for dammit.

FO or TE/RA: Might be the most useful combo for tech users. Weak Hit Advance, Weak Bullet, Traps, Stun Grenades, added defense against ranged enemies... only problem will be the soon to be exorbitant Bouquet Rifle

FO or TE/GU: Chaining might be of some use, but no guns again other than the soon to be exorbitant Bouquet Rifle

Lol, well have fun Rangers.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

I really don't like the exclusion of weapons. My worst fears have been realized!

I can only hope the fans give Sega enough negative feedback on the matter to get it changed.

That aside, it looks like my plan of going straight Hu/Fi and Fo/Te is going to work out nicely. Massive, MASSIVE S-Atk and S-def on 'Nu... she's going to be a wrecking ball of epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDreamer View Post
    Overall I'm unhappy with the way sub-classes are sounding but we all knew they'd have to put some sort of restrictions on them.
    But I believe having the 20% stat restriction was something very signiticative already. That in itself is a weapon restriction, it means that you'd gotta pretty much build your mag according to your subclass and/or invest more points than usual for the stat-increasing skills if you wanted to have access to high tier weapons for it. And if you'd do that, you'd be diminishing both classes' ability to equip even better weapons, as you'd be using your resources to balance both classes to bring the subclass power on par to the main class, instead of directly strenghtening your main class.

Think that we're also getting weapons past 10* rank too, and I doubt we will be able to equip those weapons if we plan on getting a "real hybrid" build.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I really don't like the exclusion of weapons. My worst fears have been realized!

I can only hope the fans give Sega enough negative feedback on the matter to get it changed.
    If JPs are of the same opinion as what we can see here I guess they're not too happy with the matter. I hope they aren't, I don't wanna have to use a mic stand as a rod for the rest of my PSO2 life :C
    Last edited by Darki; Sep 22, 2012 at 01:49 AM.

go go techer with hunter defense stance and auto halfmate, ultra tank.
    "A good job is a constant pileup of many much simpler tasks being done well."

Quote Originally Posted by Blundy View Post
    go go techer with hunter defense stance and auto halfmate, ultra tank.
    If you wanna be ultra tank wouldn't you rather go inverse? You'd get Just Guard 'n stuff. <_<

I actually know somebody who wants to do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Think that we're also getting weapons past 10* rank too, and I doubt we will be able to equip those weapons if we plan on getting a "real hybrid" build.

If JPs are of the same opinion as what we can see here I guess they're not too happy with the matter. I hope they aren't, I don't wanna have to use a mic stand as a rod for the rest of my PSO2 life :C
    They're subclasses, not hybrid/dual-classes. If you want to invest in weaponry for an unrelated ATK subclass for anything other than utility, by all means, but from the sound of things, it appears subclasses are more for extra stats and utility than for actual use. Kind of like FFXI's subclass system except with having full access to your subclasses's tree for stat boosts/skills/etc. Would be nice if they gave us a "subclass-use-only" skill tree though.

No reason the dual-type class you want won't happen further on though.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Going FO/HU for more def/guard stance.. already got a tree spec'd for it.

I'm thinking that I'm going to be Fighter with Gunner as a subclass. I'd go with Ranger as a subclass, but there's no way I'm getting that Bouquet Gun thingy. :c Its lame-looking+expensive...

I'm really hoping they add better looking All-Class weapons. I mean, the all-class launcher they added is... tolerable. Granted, its more pleasant to stare into a quasar than that portable highlighter school bus, but it at least LOOKS like a weapon. Not a microphone stand or space tuna.

Since I wanted to do a FO/TE rod user this doesn;t bother me at all...