Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Team Content is making me hate every team in this game.

I'm kind of disappointed.

I really like the concept of teams, and I like having people around to party with. But the sheer level of desperation in recruiting that I'm starting to see is just turning me off this aspect of the game.

This week, I fielded at least a dozen random team invites from people who had never talked to me - or worse, who I had never seen before, even. I finally gave into a team who went just one step further than the rest - they actually talked to me before sending me the invite. Derp.

Overall, while they were generally fairly nice, decent people (with a few exceptions of course, but that's to be expected of any large team that doesn't discriminate very well in its member selection, especially if they brought me in hahaha I am not kidding), the desperate recruiting behaviour is really getting on my case. The manager keeps whispering every unaffiliated player and begging every member to invite their friends. Today, she tried to co-erce a player who rabidly hates another member and who would only cause drama to join the team, and began inviting people who don't even speak English. They've made it quite clear the reason they're doing this is to have more people running the COs so they can get their team features faster.

I've called them out on this, but they just call me hypocritical because "team benefits are for the benefit of the team, not just individuals." But at the same time, I can't help but feel that I was invited only because they wanted me to run quests for them to get a spiffy room faster.

So what's now? I have to admit that I can see where the mentality comes from. I too, want the benefits that come from being a team - team room, proton tree, and so forth. But at this point, I'm really debating whether it's worth it or not. Teams feel highly commercialized to me at this point, and maybe that's not what I want. Maybe it'd be better off if I went back to being unaffiliated?

It's the nature of the beast.

I'm hoping I can do at least some team orders solo, in my own team. I'm really not interested in most other teams.

Not really on topic, but it's photon tree, not proton tree XD
    I'll get a new sig pic soon =w=
    Rika
    Ship 10
    ID: Colors

Regardless if I call it a "photon tree" or a "proton tree", I get corrected by someone thinking it's the other way around. I've given up.

Yeah it's photon tree. Not much is called proton in this game, it's another pointer at the "ph" in Phantasy.

Don't worry, it's a silly difference anyway.

Photon Tree is the only real reason why I would want to join a Team but the english playerbase isn't big enough to warrant a Team that could survive while being active all the time and stuff so I guess I'll have to pass sadly on this team content (team storage is apparently lol premium so yeah).
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I'm surprised this is a problem. Annoying that it's become an issue, though.

That said, I have my own team with the couple of people I play with, and have no will for anything else. The blacklist is coming out if anyone attempts to "convert" me, though, but since I avoid populated blocks I likely won't have to put up with much of that.

Every single mmorpg with team or guild systems is this way tho...
    most people who creates teams wants quantity of members they don't care about everything else.

join my team AionicRush ship 2 am always in block 20 if you wanna join me feel free to pm me ID is iloveyou lol

Quote Originally Posted by Galerianx View Post
    join my team AionicRush ship 2 am always in block 20 if you wanna join me feel free to pm me ID is iloveyou lol
    Damn, why would a spammer like you make a coming out?
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget