Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Default Subjob Discussion

Subclasses are coming out soon, and I'm sure we want to discuss our plans. I'm sure many of us are going to go with themes for our characters, but I want to discuss the pros and cons for each sub class, and the suggested subclass for each class.

Jobs as subclasses:
    Spoiler!

Suggested subclasses:
    Spoiler!

Let me hear your thoughts on the matter. Did I miss any advantages for a specific class that might work well with other classes? Are there any combos that would work just as well as what I listed? Should I include classes that won't work well together?
    Last edited by Zorafim; Sep 24, 2012 at 03:06 PM.

hunter may be interesting choice for force
    because of guard stance, which doesnt lower t-atk at all but can provide +200 s-def
    also automate halfline can be useful

but im not sure if that can be better than force/techer combo

Maybe I'm not giving Guard Stance spec enough credit, since I've never tried Guard Stance. My problem with it was that it doesn't provide any non-defensive abilities. Everything there is designed around keeping you alive. It seemed like I could do that pretty well on my own without the additional defensive abilities.
    Well, except on the Snow Banshee fight. Seems like you can never have enough defense for that fight.

May I suggest a small change in formation of the list in your post? I'd go with:

Spoiler!

Would be much easier to read.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Going Fighter/Hunter myself to take advantage of my 120% JAs and the stat boosts. It's not a ton of variety but it'll make Fighter that much stronger than it already is.

Consider Fighter/Gunner if you're a heavy Dagger user too. You'll get extra damage against aerial mobs and the extra PP per hit keeps you in the air longer.

Force/Techter for me

All 6 element masteries, and hopefully enough PP regen to keep up with non-fire techs. Rods are stronger than wands, so I won't have any weapon issues like other class combinations.

The end result will be what the Force class should have been from the start. It got split into two classes, so I will just have to put them together again.
    Quit PSO2

My thoughts may be misplaced because I'm not as keen on min/maxing as some people on this board, but a couple of notes:

- Ranger as a subclass: Rangers have Traps. They don't get much love in these parts but they have them. They also have 100 Ability in their class tree. Both of those you can grab without needing a specific weapon. Probably not enough to convince you away from another subclass, but I think it's worth noting.

- Techer Subclass options: (I'm personally going Techer sub-Ranger) I think Fighter could be a good subclass for Techer. I get a lot more out of my S-Atk than T-Atk on Techer. Casting is really just to charge up my Wand Gear and/or poison enemies. A Techer could grab up to +100 S-Atk and a tricked out Wise Stance from the Wise Stance branch alone (in 45 points). Techer's mirage escape + lock on will make getting behind an enemy fairly easy. You can pretty much do the same thing with Brave Stance if you want. Or grab more HP to support the so-called beefiness of Techer.

Probably both sub-optimal options, but they crossed my mind. As for my Techer/Ranger, it's definitely sub-optimal but it seems like it'd be fun to play
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    May I suggest a small change in formation of the list in your post? I'd go with:

Spoiler!

Would be much easier to read.
    This.
    Your post is detailed but it would be nice if it were more, uh, ergonomic.

It did kind of irk me how my paragraphs were sorted in the suggested subclass area. I almost considered using a programmer's paragraph form, but then you'd all wonder why there were so many parenthesis and tabs. I think the FFXI method of subclass denoting made that section look a bit better.

Chelsea, your suggestion for gunner as fighter's sub was interesting. I didn't even consider the paring of the two. But, aerial strike + would have to overcome fighter's +20% damage and fury stance for it to be worth it, and that's only one specific situation where it'd be good. If you use another weapon for trash, or are going against enemies which can't be launched, it won't be as useful as hunter.

Slidikins (awesome name), fighter stances is a good idea for techer. Since they're stuck in melee, they'll probably the best non-melee class to sub hunter. I don't think it'll be able to keep up with Rafoie spam, but it'll provide more incentive to play with a melee centric playstyle. Plus, the stances boost techs too, I believe. As long as you stay in front or behind the enemy, fighter will be doing its job. Can you vouch for wand strikes only using Satk, though? Even the second, elemental hit? I was kind of under the impression that the gear hit used Tatk, but I haven't tested it.
    And I didn't include traps or ability, because I haven't heard much positive feedback about either of them. I probably should mention your points in my post, though.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Sep 24, 2012 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Can you vouch for wand strikes only using Satk, though? Even the second, elemental hit? I was kind of under the impression that the gear hit used T-Atk, but I haven't tested it.
    I was under that impression as well but I asked in the Techer discussion and the only response supported S-Atk. The JP Wiki states T-Atk, however, so more testing is definitely needed. None the less, more S-Atk is not wasted on a Techer. On mine I get a lot more mileage out of melee hits than Rafoie spam, but that's because i geared for more S-Atk (and hopefully will have wands with better elements).
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?