Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

What I really want to know about techer is if they regenerate PP for the wand's entire explosion. Does every hit on every enemy recover PP? If yes, is it heavily reduced like launcher, or still good?

Ra/Gu will do terrifying things. Separately, I can manage this with an Ra friend (JA'd. First shot wasn't JA'd but still did 32k, not shown tho ._.):

Spoiler!

Just think about what would happen when you stack the weakpoint (20%) and standing snipe (15%) passives of Ra together with the zero distance (cant recall % lol) and chain break passives (35%) of Gu.
    Last edited by Limbo_lag; Sep 25, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    I was under that impression as well but I asked in the Techer discussion and the only response supported S-Atk. The JP Wiki states T-Atk, however, so more testing is definitely needed. None the less, more S-Atk is not wasted on a Techer. On mine I get a lot more mileage out of melee hits than Rafoie spam, but that's because i geared for more S-Atk (and hopefully will have wands with better elements).
    I watched a test video on nicovideo the other day that supports the idea that T-Atk affects the additional damage from Wand Gear.

initial attack is s atk, additional from gear is t atk

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo_lag View Post
    Ra/Gu will do terrifying things. Separately, I can manage this with an Ra friend (JA'd. First shot wasn't JA'd but still did 32k, not shown tho ._.):

Spoiler!

Just think about what would happen when you stack the weakpoint (20%) and standing snipe (15%) passives of Ra together with the zero distance (cant recall % lol) and chain break passives (35%) of Gu.
    I think I mentioned Ra/Gu for bosses. Can you tell me exactly what Chain Trigger does? I know the last hit is multiplied by a number based on the number on the chain, but is there anything else to it?

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    What I really want to know about techer is if they regenerate PP for the wand's entire explosion. Does every hit on every enemy recover PP? If yes, is it heavily reduced like launcher, or still good?
    From what I can tell, the extra damage from Wand Gear does not regenerate any PP. I can't vouch to say that hitting multiple enemies gives more PP (Wands certainly do have a wide arc, though) but the PP recovery isn't much of a problem. Between PP Restorate and the fact that melee'ing isn't necessarily a loss in DPS, PP becomes an afterthought in most fights. (Exceptions are when fighting flying creatures.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy
    initial attack is s atk, additional from gear is t atk
    That's 3 against 1, most from better sources. I'll continue with the belief that T-Atk is for the extra damage. Doesn't really change anything in my plans, but makes me feel better about the low S-Atk on my Techer mag.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I think I mentioned Ra/Gu for bosses. Can you tell me exactly what Chain Trigger does? I know the last hit is multiplied by a number based on the number on the chain, but is there anything else to it?
    In my tinkering over the course of the day, I've found that chain trigger has a short duration that you can up the chain count, and then when you use a PA the chain count turns yellow. While the chain count is yellow your PA damage is boosted by fairly good amounts. I'm not sure if chain trigger lasts a set time, so more time spent raising it might mean less time spent getting the boost, but I have had it just time out on me. I'd do more experimenting, but I can't find many things that stay alive long enough for me to actually test it at my current levels haha.

I'm sure someone around here can give better explanations than I have here.

According to the japanese wiki, the only thing that changes with the skill's level is the cooldown. Rest is up to chain count [and the passive chain finisher skill when it comes to the finishing of the chain].

I still wonder if FI/HU and GU/RA evasive actions boosts will be additive (Step Advance and Dive Roll Advance), would be nice to have 0,6s of invincibility frames on steps
    Last edited by jooozek; Sep 25, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Since Step Attack doesn't work with Mirage Escape, Step Advance shouldn't affect Dive Roll and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Since Step Attack doesn't work with Mirage Escape, Step Advance shouldn't affect Dive Roll and vice versa.
    You misunderstood what I'm talking about: I'm talking about same-type skills - like having Hunter as main and Fighter as sub and having on both maxed Step Advance.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget