Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Mass Effect Trilogy

This was quite a shocker, but it seems my dream has been realized at last.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/

The trilogy is finally being realized from BioWare, and finally for the first time, PS3 users, (myself included), will finally get to play the first game that started it. Coming for PC/360 starting November 6th. And of course... PS3 at a later date. I can only guess because ME1 was never developed on the PS3 platform before, so they'll be taking a bat at it, like ME2. I just hope the annoying sound clip bugs for the voice overs get addressed on the PS3.

On a different note, how will this effect ME3 on the Wii U? Kind of a weird strategy if you ask me.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Yeah, me and a friend were talking about how silly this makes ME3 on WiiU look. Just makes the Wii U version of the game seem even more unnecessary and just a "eh, throw 'em a bone" tactic.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

When I first heard of ME1 on the PS3, I heard that it would be a remake in the ME3 engine. Did they scrap that plan?
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

After playing ME2 (and ME3 to a lesser extent) you will regret wishing for ME1.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    When I first heard of ME1 on the PS3, I heard that it would be a remake in the ME3 engine. Did they scrap that plan?
    I'd play that in a heartbeat. After playing 2, there was no way I could ever go back to ME1. It's such a clunker now.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    I completely agree with this. Mass Effect was very clunky and had a lot of problems as compared to the smoothness of 2 and 3. I still think that the original Mass Effect had the best story, though.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    I completely agree with this. Mass Effect was very clunky and had a lot of problems as compared to the smoothness of 2 and 3. I still think that the original Mass Effect had the best story, though.
    I always thought ME1 had the best story delivery, ME2 had the best cast (seriously, it rivals Planescape: Torment for the largest, most diverse, and well developed party), and ME3 had the best combat. It's a shame Bioware couldn't get all cylinders firing in the same game.

ME2 had the best cast (seriously, it rivals Planescape: Torment for the largest, most diverse, and well developed party)
    Please don't get me started on the Daddy Issues, The Game tirade...
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

ME1 on PS3 might use the updated graphical engine used in ME3, but that's probably the extent of it. Expect it to play exactly like it does on Xbox.

Y'know, a year or two ago I went and played through the first Mass Effect again and it's actually still pretty great. Yes, it's clunkier and the combat is awkward, but the exploration and scope of the game is something that hasn't been seen since.

One of my biggest complaints with ME3 was how limited the areas you explored could be, especially since the Citadel was pretty much the only non-combat area you could visit outside your ship. The first Mass Effect felt more like a traditional BioWare game in that sense, with multiple planets have both large areas to explore mixed with bits of combat.

I also miss standing up on a mountain and sniping a geth from a mile away.

ME2 is still my favorite in the series, but honestly I'm glad that ME is the way it is.

Oh yeah, to get back on topic - Mass Effect Trilogy is likely going to seriously hurt the sales of ME3 on Wii U, unless there are a large number of gamers who accidentally pick up ME3 thinking it's the trilogy release. I really don't know what they're thinking here. Honestly, if they released the Mass Effect Trilogy on the Wii U with some meaningful uses of the Wii Pad, I would have considered buying it. Even before this announcement, ME3 on Wii U seemed kind of pointless, but now it just seems downright silly.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

More like the other way around. I loved ME1. ME2 was a god awful mess and ME3 was just worse. Especially with the added and 100% non-needed, pointless and crappy multiplayer.

After ME 2&3 as well as DA 2, EA needs to put the games back into the hands of devs that care and actually know how to make a game. Not ones that make games that suck up to the whining kids of todays gaming world.

AND STOP MAKING GAMES THAT ARE RIDICULOUSLY EASY FOR THE SAKE OF THE IDIOT GAMER THAT HAS NO PATIENCE TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY!
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.