Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Woops! Sorry guys! I got the #y route and #25 route mixed up. I edited them just now, if you read them earlier.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 3, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

--RECORD 146--

Record... What record number is...? ... I don't know anymore. I don't care anymore. Calai... Does she even want me anymore? I... I want to disappear.

Spoiler!

y.
    Spoiler!

My eyes parted. I expected nothing much. A solid ceiling. No lights. In fact, it is just a ceiling. I...

I rolled onto my right, soon to meet with Calai as she stared back at me. I came into a panic as I scrambled away. I backed myself against the wall. Even though there was a door next to me, I kept trying to go through the wall. Stupid...

"Sis," she said as she moved a strand of hair off her face. "How are you doing?"

"H-huh? What do you mean? I'm just Fortuna. Yeah. Just Fortuna. Y'know..."

She stared at me for a while. Her face's marked with a tinge of sadness. Why? "It begins..."

What? "What begins?"

She crawled to me and kneeled before me. I stared in awe as she cupped her hands around my cheeks. Then... Then, she...

She kissed my lips.

Our lips parted after some time. I was staring stupidly as she sat back and stared at me some more. There was something more to her expression now.

"I'm sorry," she said, near to a whisper. "I didn't expect..."

"What's going on?" I asked in concern.

She bowed her head. "You're using slang now. It was the start of when I started to hear Dark Falz."

Dark Falz? I don't hear any voices remotely different than usual. I kept silent and closed my eyes. What am I supposed to be hearing? I don't quite understand what she's saying to me.

y.
    Spoiler!

I reached out my arm. Then, I patted her head. She looked up to me, giving me reassurance when she didn't run away. "I'm still me," I said. "You know that, right?"

"Yes," she said like a child being consoled. "Then, you're going to propose to me and want to marry me."

I froze in place. What? Was I going to say such a thing? She knows me a lot, right? Then... Then, if I must...!

She shoved my shoulder back with a wild laugh. "Sis! You perve!"

I glared at her. "You're the perve."

She laughed some more before she became comfortably situated in her place. "Just don't ever change, okay?" Her smile vanished. "Don't become like me, okay? I'm..."

"Calai... uh..." I felt along my arm. "You're great as who you are."

She glanced at me once before she started feeling a lock of hair. "I-is that so?"

"Would I lie?"

She smiled again and shook her head. "I'm... I'm glad." She hugged her legs to herself. "I didn't have anyone when I started hearing voices. I try to tune it out most of the time, but at times like these, I completely forget about those voices." She glanced at me again. "I won't leave you alone, if that's what it takes to hear them." She glanced again. "I... I love you."

Huh? "Y-you--?"

"Don't talk to me like that!" she said as she burst upright. "I-it's embarrassing, alright?"

I felt along my arm. "I was just going to ask if--"

"No, no, no, no!"

"--you wanted to be with me."

"--fried donuts with gel...! What?"

I cocked a brow. "I wanted to know if you want to be with me."

"O-oh." She sat back down with her head bowed and her hand feeling a lock of hair. "I-I... You're..." She cleared her throat. "Yes, I do."

Spoiler!

y.
    Spoiler!

"Well... Uh..."

I frowned. "... Well?"

She nervously laughed. "I'd be lying if I say yes..."

I'm appalled by her response. A lie would have sufficed then! I gripped my hands. How I wanted to... But... But at least she told the truth. A lie would just hurt things in the long run. Even so...

"Kiss me."

Calai's eyes parted wide. "W-what...?"

"Kiss me--a... again!"

"Why?"

"Do it!"

I don't know what I'm doing. Desperate. I'm desperate. Who knew? I want to know if she wants me; that she is not afraid to be with me. I don't want to be without her again. I--!

She took my head and pulled me against her shoulder, squeezed me so tight that I had difficulty breathing. "Listen, and listen well. I've only been showing you affection because I knew it as a mechanism to stop you from becoming like me. I love you too much to have you go through what I'm going through." She paused to think. "I'm honestly not like this. I'd like to stop being such a fool around you. I'd love to love you as how I want to. However..." She pushed me back enough to see my face. "... I couldn't stop you." She bowed her head. "I want to protect you from the world. I want you to know there only being happiness, and when you do find someone to love, I'll be there to support you. Your happiness is mine. I want..." She looked up to me. "I want to love you as Fortuna, not Calai."

I gripped my arm. "So... there are romantic feelings?" Suddenly, I was shoved away. Next thing I knew, Calai was already paces away from me. "W-what?"

"Gross! Why would I ever be romantic with my sister?"

I felt conflicted. If not romantic, what am I feeling then? If I'm a replication of Calai's former self, I should be feeling the same way. However, why am I having difficulty thinking that way? Am I flawed data? I bowed my head.

"H-hey, think about it. Incest. You know. That stuff. Totally gross... and stuff. Yeah. Very gross."

I stared inquisitively. After some time, I shrugged it off and finally stood up. As I came to her, I actually stepped to her side and looked up to the giant tube that contained the VR server's main computer.

"Do you think we should tell them?" I asked.

She looked up with me. "Hmm... Good question. We should have everyone evacuate the VR server due to dome being compromised. The people might be back. We should tell them about the event too."

"No," I interrupted. "Don't tell them what happened. Just that there were individuals who discovered this dome. That's it."

Calai glanced over to me and smiled. "Of course. Besides..."

Spoiler!

y.
    Spoiler!

I took discomfort in what she said, but since she was sincere and smiling, I suppose she did not mean any harm. I suppose she also meant that she wants me. That is all I want, anyway.

Calai said as she paced forward, "It kinda feels like this's a morgue, right?"

I had my back turn to her, but I knew what she's refering to. There's a morgue in our residence, where Daddy kept android and robotic shells stored and kept in order. It's similar to this dome, where every space was taken by an inactive body. In a sense, it's where Calai and I stayed most of our lives, where her parts were mixed with mine.

"Well," she said as she held her arms up into the air as a stretch. "Let's get crackin'. ... Huh? Sis?"

I soon found my hand around one of hers. As soon as I realized what I'm doing, I released hers. However, before I could do as such, her fingers became intertwined with mine. I stared at our hands as they embraced. Then, I traced from her arm to her face. She smiled at me. I couldn't help doing the same. She chuckled and gave a deep sigh with her smile still on her face as she looked up to the towering tube at the center of the dome. It felt like we haven't done this in such a long time.

Spoiler!

y.
    Spoiler!

--END RECORDING--
    SCENE: UNDERGROUND RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT NEAR MINES
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 7, 2013 at 09:07 PM.

--RECORD 147--

Spoiler!

y.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 9, 2013 at 03:15 AM.

Ugh! Guys! I have a peeve with the recent entries I've been making. So, believe it or not, I have handwritten this story like twice already and already made a solid plan as to how to rewrite it here. However... here's the issue:

There was no dome nor resistance in the original plan. I'm hoping to get the story back on track some time soon. Hold tight, everyone
    I'm working on a fanfic!

--RECORD 148--

It has been a while since I made my previous recording. In fact, it has been three days. The first ones Calai ejected were John and several others under his recommendation. She did most of the reports. Me... I did not feel like doing any reports. I refuse to talk.

I did my part in relieving emerging CASTs. Most were upset about how much time we put into the whole stasis plan, and some were already ready to point fingers. It was a failure. It is easy to know that we will have to relocate in the near future. We are all scared.

The main operations being held are scouting, defense, and factories. For some odd reason, it seemed there was an increase in creature functions and there has been frequent breeches of Sinow units doing guerrilla strikes. As for Organics, it was like they abandoned us on this planet. Not a single sighting of one has been reported. Has it truly been just a few days?

As if that was not hard enough. Most of the CASTs are afraid of surfacing. So, as the squads are formed, it seemed Calai was placed in the first reconnaissance squad along with a HUcast, HUcaseal, and RAcast in her party. Then, Reiz is going up with another party whereas Ohgun in another. Ohgun kept going on about how he missed the sun, though I believe it rained quite often in the Pioneer 1 Central Dome perimeter. However, for some reason, Reiz seemed a bit on edge. She kept whispering to herself "Destroy" with some other things. Anyway, the three of them are to head for the surface.

I am placed in a second squad who will trek downwards for a means of a new base to form. Either way, it is dangerous. Upward, there is the OPSS threat. Downward, there is the D-factor and photon radiation threat, which is why my squad is leaving later than Calai's. We have to be checked if our frames can withstand photon radiation. D-factor... Unfortunately, it is unavoidable but can be undone with patience and seclusion.

My squad is fitted with two HUcast and a RAcast. One of the HUcast was a Hunter's Guild raker, a strong fighter with dirty tactics as his forte. The other HUcast was just... I really want to say something nice about him, but he is just... uh... adorable? He is so small and has these odd aspirations that were so aloof and loving. However, though how small he is, his weapons are rather large. The RAcast is a coward. He was drafted into this party against his will, but he had a valuable function, since he was a CAST under a photon researcher. He had the ability to detect hazardous amounts of photons, which would make our travels much smoother.

John is to stay behind with the other CASTs and especially the noble CASTs. They had such royal personas that it was sickening. John, however, was like that knight who kept being the devil's advocate in decisions that appeared to be foolish by the nobles. If anyone, I would give my life for John. He knew what was risky and the priorities needed for the resistance. The squad idea was approved by him. He was about to head for the surface as well, but he was stopped by the nobles, saying how he was a key figure and should anything happen to him would be a blow to the resistance. He was dutiful and a true leader. Also...

"Futura?"

I was cleaning a Beam--a red-photon rifle--when I saw John standing before me. "What is it?" I asked as I resumed cleaning off a bit of dirt and a bloodstain on it.

"Be sure you watch yourself while you're out there, okay? Cal's not with you this time."

I scoffed. "I can survive without her."

"I don't know. You seem more calm around her."

"I will be okay, alright? Why are you going on about her, anyway?"

He folded his arms. "It's just I've never really thought you two would go in separate squads. Did something happen between you two?"

y.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

"Hey," John said as he knelt down to be leveled with me as I stood up. He was still taller than me. "If you need someone to talk to--"

"Why are you treating me like a child?" I checked for any external issues with the Beam before I stowed it into my inventory. "If this regards Calai, do your pep talks with her when she gets back."

He shook his head. "She did a good job working with me in the caves before I got here. Without her, I am sure to have lost about half the survivors. In that manner, I am in her debt."

Such an honorable fool... He cannot repay his debt by interacting with me. I watched him stand, his majestic figure towering over me with that intimidating glow of yellow eyes staring down upon me. I glanced to my side, seeing that there were eyes upon the both of us.

"Do not talk to me anymore," I quietly said. "People are staring."

John folded his arms. "It's only right to check if everyone's mentally able to complete their mission. I've already checked with everyone else leaving, anyway."

I glanced to my side, seeing the RAcast in my party walking by. "Sir Tonze," I called.

The RAcast abruptly turned to me. "Y-yes, ma'am. How can I help you, ma'am?"

I came to a comfortable distance between us and bowed down from my waist, showing reverence. "Has Sir John talked to you yet?"

Tonze was about to say something when John interjected, "Oh, he's in your party as well? Okay. I guess I should... uh..."

My eyes narrowed. "Just go."

"R-right. Uh... So, Tonze, right?"

I turned away and left him with Tonze. If anyone needs any morale boosting, it should be Tonze. He could be a possible nuisance, should something happen.

I came to Gill, the dirty tactical HUcast. He was tinkering with his traps when I found him. He looked up to me when I stopped beside him. He scoffed as if I just said a joke and went back to his fire trap.

"I sure hope that what we're going up against doesn't have Trap Vision," he said in a bright manner. "That'd make things so much easier on my part."

I nodded in agreement. "You can let me know if you need my traps as well."

"Seriously?" he said, dropping a confuse trap onto the floor. He appeared to be ecstatic about my offer. "Oh, I can totally see us kicking it up out there. I sure hope you got some excellent aim with that offer. That'd make things so much easier on my part."

I shrugged. "I had some rifle training with Calai."

"Oh. She's pretty good at shooting." He moved his sights, giving a distant stare in front of him. "But not as good as... uh... What's her name...? I forget." He smiled. "Well, your sister's pretty awesome at handgun instruction. She gave me some tips on how to use this Autogun I found on the way down here. However... uh..." He moved in close to me and whispered, "Does she rub up against people a lot?"

I buried my face into my palm. "Well, I hope to cooperate with you in the future."

"Remember that we're rallying by the exit in fifteen minutes," Gill said as he saw me stand. "Be sure to tell the old man that. He's with the researchers at the moment."

I nodded and patted his shoulder to tell him I am leaving. He did not look at me, but he held a hand out, saying his farewell. Such an interesting CAST. I expected him to be more of a creep. Maybe I should talk to him more.

Gill was correct. I found the small HUcast sitting on a chair with the researchers.

"--my days, you didn't have CASTs doing brainy stuff like this. We just usually assist and execute commands. Makes me feel like I'm just getting too old for the newer generations. Oho ho ho." As he laughed, I came before him and placed my hands on my knees to level my head with him. "Ah, Futura, there you are. I was beginning to wonder if you had left already."

... He is cute. "I was here the whole time. I am currently checking on everyone before we all head out for the field."

"Oh. Back in my days, I was once a farmer. My, how the times have gone by. Now that the farms aboard Pioneer 2 are automated, my labor is simply to rust away, but as you can see--" He pounded his chest. "--I'm still strong. I can even teach you a thing or two."

I smiled. "I suggest we try to do our mission first before we start practicing."

"Oh. Now that I think about it, you sound like my daughter. She's usually all 'Can we do it after this?' and stuff like that. But..." His energy seemed to have drained. "But that RAcaseal... I couldn't get her name, but what I know is that she was truly gifted in combat. She killed my daughter... I only came back alive because someone from here found me. My old body was too beaten up that they had to replace it with this puny body. But no matter!" He thrust himself off the chair and came down to a horse stance. "I'm alive, and that's what my daughter wanted me to do. Even if it's supposed to be the other way, I am grateful for her sacrifice. No one wants to die without a cause, and at least she is one of the fortunate to die with a cause."

"Oh..." I heard this story from him before, but it still pains me the same as the first time.

Before I could say another, he thrust a finger to point at me and said with a dynamic, loud voice, "You! What would you die for?" He thrust himself upright and made a fist. He pounded his chest with the meat of his palm and said with such a proud tone, "I, Carrot, will die to protect my comrades!" I smiled, but he thrust his finger at me again. "Come now, child. What is your ambition?"

I felt along my arm as I thought about what he said. He truly reeks of morale. He should be a major asset in the team, should we ever be demoralized.

The short, old man sighed and shook his head. "You young'uns need more discipline. I can teach you this during our journey, if time wills."

I smiled. "That would be nice, actually. Maybe I can serve Daddy better if you do teach me."

"Your Daddy, eh?" He laughed at the top of his lungs. "So, there is hope in the younger generations! Come, we shall depart for the rally point." Energetically, he ran off and disappeared into the crowd of CASTs crowding the dome.

I followed at my own pace. He does bring some interesting points. What is my ambition in life? Serving Daddy is, without a doubt, an answer. However... Calai... No. I cannot go back that way. I have done so much as to restore old functions. I must do everything in my power to serve Daddy.

After some time of passing through crowd after crowd, I finally met with Carrot, Gill, and Tonze. Carrot was doing jumping jacks. Gill was checking his Gungnir--a yellow-photon Partizan-type weapon. Tonze was checking the aim on his Blaster--a purple-photon Rifle-type weapon.

"You know how to use that thing, right?" Gill asked Tonze.

Tonze suddenly dropped his Blaster and scrambled to pick it up. He bowed down from his waist and said, "Forgive me! I'm very nervous."

Carrot laughed. "Tonze, my boy! Guts!" He pounded down into a horse stance again but gave a loud roar. It was enough for even me to be frightened. For such a small figure, his willpower is massive!

Gill laughed with Carrot. "Yeah! Guts!" He pounded down into a horse stance again like Carrot and coughed at the very second he started to make his roar attempt.

Carrot continued to laugh and slapped Gill's back. "There is hope for you, yet!"

I could not help but laugh at the energy here. Carrot is only as tall as Gill's waist and Tonze's mid-thigh. Gill slightly taller than me, though. I began to wonder how we would fare in battle.

However, it was short-lived when John met with us at the outskirts of the dome. We were standing at some wide doors, but John led is further out, just so the doors would close.

John briefs, "As you four may already know, your primary objective is to search for any usable machines that would aid the resistance. If you can carry it, bring it back to us. If you can't, report the coordinates of the item in question. I must remind you all that entering the ruins is prohibited. Use your discretion as to whether to enter or not. A side objective is to help anyone who can help our cause. Again, use your discretion.

"As a final objective, return alive. It does not matter if the threat is following you. The probability to live is much higher as there are others to help you. I wish I could give you all a more defined mission. However, this will help us the more you all find something. Any questions?"

Tonze immediately raised his hand. "Is there a duration of how long we can stay out?"

John rubbed his chin. "I'd say a week. We're currently assembling another group to help you all search. Maybe, as we know more about our surroundings, we'll then explore the ruins. However, the ruins is off limits. I can't guarantee a recovery party heading your direction, should something happen while you all are in there.

"Oh, another thing. If you find anything abnormal, please report back immediately. If possible, learn a thing or two about the abnormality. We'll decide what to do then."

Those words struck me hard to the core. "W-what is this about abnormalities?"

y.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

John cleared his throat. "Should you all encounter anything as described, come back as soon as possible. We need to know if the information really exists. Of course, a visual snapshot or video recording will suffice."

Tonze nervously laughed. "Uh... M-my cameras got fried due to a conflict earlier. I'm sorry."

John took a glance at Gill and Carrot, both responding negative in their non-audio manners. He then looked up to me and said, "I believe you're the only one then. I believe it's a snapshot function? Ohgun showed me the snapshot you took of him earlier. The pixel size you used at that time will suffice."

Then, that means I will not have to worry about someone having proof that it was me whom John detailed. Still, I have to be cautious. I looked up to John, seeing that his attention was completely on me. I could not keep eye contact with him. I...

"That will be all," John concluded. "If you don't have any other questions, happy hunting."

Gill was the first to turn away. Then, Carrot grabbed the complaining Tonze's arm and pulled him along. I sighed and looked up to John again. I want to tell him everything, that I do not mean him any harm. I only wanted to protect everyone, and I did that on my own. I was able to protect everyone. I was great at it. I was flawless.

"You're not feeling well?" John asked.

I shook my head. "I... John, I..." I felt something on my head. My internal temperature became warm as I looked up, finding his outstretched hand caressing me.

"I'd come along as well, but they say they need me here."

I shook my head again. "N-no. I was... was..."

"Hey," he said as he lifted my face from under my chin to look up to him. "Tell me right here and now. Are you feeling okay?"

No... I am not! I am not okay! I abruptly turned away and met with Gill at wherever they were headed. My body... It is so warm. Am I attracted to him? I...

"Got the hots for him?"

I abruptly looked to my side, seeing Gill jeering at me. I immediately bowed my head upon seeing him, hiding my face under my hair bangs. I like John. However, he needs to focus on everyone else. They need him. I am... I am a hazard.

Time passed by and my complexion finally normalized. Upon feeling normal, I raised my head, seeing Tonze still being pulled along by Carrot. It is funny to watch. A small person pulling a stumbling large person. Well, he is not as large as John. John... My internal temperature become warm again.

Gill loudly sighed. "Hey, Carrot-Cake. Stop pulling him along like that. You two are at a disadvantage if someone does a sneak attack. Also, considering the Sinows, I don't think we should be playing around."

"Carrot-Cake!?" he roared in reply. "Youngsters these days! Hmph!"

Well, he did heed Gill's warning. Tonze still followed him like a puppy with his Blaster out. I kept my Sniper armed with me. Gill heaved his Gungnir over his shoulder. Carrot... Well, he did not have any weapons out. He seems very cocky about this. Maybe I should warn him?

"Photon reading up ahead," Tonze warned. "It's a Sinow Beat."

Huh? I do not see anything. He took aim and shot at a direction. The shot collided with something, making it uncloak. Indeed there was a Sinow Beat. I suppose Tonze can see these things since he is made to detect photons, and the cloaking devices that Sinows use are photon-based.

"I'll take vanguard!" Gill said as he rushed forward in front of us.

"Wait!" Tonze yelled. "There're others!"

Carrot groaned. "Youngsters... Making the elderly fight!" He rushed forward as well.

I suppose there are no others around us since Tonze did an area sweep and successfully shot every cloaked Sinow in sight with ease. He is very handy! I provided support fire for Carrot, watching every action he is doing. How...? What? He is fighting with his bare hands! He weaved around a Sinow Beat's dagger jabs and and did a right straight to the Sinow. The Sinow was sent flying with its headpiece destroyed! What...? What is he!?

Gill was taking on two Sinow Beats when I saw him. He retreated a step as a Sinow tried to lunge at him. He then charged the photons to his Gungnir, but the other Sinow Beat was winding for its own lunge. I aimed at it, hoping to intervene, but it was already jumping!

"Take this!" Gill roared. He did a wide swing, hitting the one before him. However, he slashed through and managed to bat at the jumping Sinow. The photon blade looked like it tore through the air! The second Sinow was barely deflected, both Sinows being knocked back. However, they both suffered massive damage. Gill charged for another strike and lunged forward with a thrust at the first Sinow as it was standing, rending it through and destroying it on spot.

The second Sinow lunged forward again! Suddenly, a purple photon bolt shot it while it was mid-air. Then, out of nowhere, Carrot did a lunging straight, knocking it back like his own first target.

I lowered my rifle and looked up to Tonze, seeing him take glances all about him.

"We're clear," he reported.

Carrot roared, "And that's why you should not rush in like that, youngster! What would have happened if I wasn't here to save your ass!?"

"I would've done fine," Gill bragged. "You're not bad, though. Looks like things will go so much easier then." He leaned forward to Carrot. "Photon Braces, eh? What do you call it?"

Carrot folded his arms. "Registry calls it Angry Fist. It was originally my daughter's, but she gave it to me when we landed on Ragol."

Angry Fist: gear that boosts attack power for unarmed combat. Has freezing capabilities. No wonder I cannot see it. It really is a small photon weapon, but the photons really burst upon contact.

Well, I suppose that weapon should fit him very well. At least he does not have to worry about his weapon colliding with walls. It makes me wonder how his daughter was like.

Suddenly, I heard a loud clanging noise next to me. I looked over, seeing Tonze sitting down. "I thought we were goners!" he whined. He looked up to me, seeing that I was watching him. "Say, I noticed you didn't shoot even once. Are you okay?" I scoffed and proceeded forward to Gill and Carrot.

Gill looked up to me and said, "Hey, don't get distracted next time, okay? I was relying on some cover fire from you."

Carrot rubbed his chin. "Maybe your reflexes aren't up to par with ours. You're a civilian brand, after all."

I was a hindrance to everyone here. Why am I even here? I bowed my head. Such a shame that I am not a military brand.

Gill laughed. "Don't worry. We all make mistakes."

Carrot laughed. "Yeah. You sure did."

Gill's laugh became awkward. "Hey, stop poking at that..."

After a while, we recuperated and continued exploring the mines. There were rooms and tunnels. The floors were mostly plates, metallic mesh, and photon barriers. In each room, there was at least a confrontation. For some reason, it seems like the mines became awfully active with hostiles in just one day. And...

"Damn, Futura!" Gill panted as he fell back to sit down. "You almost got me that time."

I keep making mistakes. What is wrong with me? I am usually better than this. Tonze is doing unexpectedly well. Carrot is still bolstering with energy. Gill is performing rather well, though it seems he is rather lax about each confrontation, but his criticism is always there.

Tonze checked his Blaster as he said, "We're doing exceptionally well now. Though, I think we are about to have a confrontation with a Garanz. Should we confront it or try to find a way around it?"

Gill asked, "Have you gone this way before?"

Tonze glanced around. "It's a hunch."

Knowing his hunches from previous confrontations, he was usually correct. I checked my weapon... Huh?

"The barrel is crooked," I said aloud.

Tonze took a glance at my Sniper. "Oh. You're correct. Here. Try using my rifle." He handed his Blaster to me and then armed a Beam. "I was kind of hoping I did not have to use this weapon, but oh well."

"Futura, shoot this!"

I looked over to Gill, seeing him toss something up. I immediately aimed and fired without pause. The object exploded... Direct shot.

"Whoa," Tonze said. "You're actually really good! Sorry for doubting your abilities, earlier."

Gill laughed. "Yeah! I guess switching rifles made things much easier for you. I guess we should do an inventory check, since no hostiles are around."

I looked up and found Carrot at a locked door. Apparently, it is locked and we have checked all the other passageways, each leading to dead ends. This one, however, has been locked the whole time.

I came to him and peeked over his shoulder. "That wire would trigger an alarm," I said.

"Oh? Uh... This old mind of mine is just not made for these things, I swear."

"Here, let me try this."

Carrot moved aside as I came forward to the panel. ... ... Huh? No. ... No. Huh. I turned and checked through another panel. Hmm... ... ... Ah.

I turned Carrot and said to him, "It seems this door will not open from here unless the alarm is triggered."

Carrot gave a sound of suspicion. "A trap, huh? It could just be a door that is never meant to be opened. Any chance for optic fiber tapping?"

I checked the circuit boards some more. "It seems to be hooked to a server somewhere. If we could somehow have that computer unlock this door for us, we can go through."

Carrot sighed. "But all the computers we saw are inaccessible."

We both paused to think. Gill and Tonze came to us after a while as we thought some more. I reported to them what I discovered to Gill and Carrot added our concerns to the situation.

"Let's just bust through then," Gill answered.

"Huh?" Tonze said in concern.

"We can handle this," he said confidently. "I mean, seriously. We took out a lot of Sinows earlier. They're not as bad as Garanz, but the numbers we took out are comparable."

"But this is an alarm we're faced with," Carrot reminded. "Anything can happen when alarms are raised."

I have to agree with Carrot. For him to be cautious instead of bolstering with energy should be a flag that something is wrong.

I stepped away from the circuit board and said, "We are already two days in. We should consider heading back."

Gill groaned. "Seriously, guys? I can handle them. Garanz aren't any problem for me."

I stepped up to Gill and said with a glare, "If you are saying that you have interacted with Garanz in virtual reality simulators, those do not compare even in the slightest."

Gill groaned. "Fine. I'll listen."

Tonze sighed in relief whereas Carrot jabbed his arm. I certainly hope he is joking about actually setting off an alarm.

So, I marked the location of the locked door on the map while I was following Carrot. Checking through every access way, it seemed that the only way to proceed forward is to find an unlocked computer for this sector. Surely, someone back at the dome should know how to hack into one.

I raised my head after checking the map, seeing only Carrot in front and Tonze next to me. Huh? Where is Gill?

Suddenly, the blue lights intermixed with red sirens. No... He would not do such a thing!

"Head back!" Carrot roared as he sprinted back to where we came from.

I immediately followed Carrot with Tonze's heavy footsteps behind me. Already, in the distance, I could hear clashing and Gill roaring. Foolish CAST! What gain is there if someone dies?

When we entered what seemed to be an open field, we saw Gill fending off four Gilchic and three Canadine. I immediately started firing upon the Canadine along with my Blaster along with Tonze whereas Carrot rushed forward to assist Gill.

"Youngster!" Carrot roared as he was alternating hook punches to the Gilchic. "Did we not settle with--?"

"It wasn't me!" Gill roared.

"Then who--Get down!"

Suddenly, a fireball shot across the room, barely missing Gill and Carrot. Foie? An Organic! I immediately shifted my aim to where the fireball came from, finding a FOmar with a katana. He had a headband and a blue robe.

"Retreat!" Tonze exclaimed. "We're not ordered to confront Humans!"

The FOmar apparently heard Tonze and... what? Is he commanding the Gillchic? They walked past him and created a wall between us! These Gillchic were especially more responsive and agile than the usual ones we would confront. In fact, they bobbed and weaved like Carrot.

The FOmar stood back, attempting to make contact with one of his Technics, one after the other as the Gillchics were relentlessly pushing Gill and Carrot back. However, we managed to narrow the enemies down to two Gillchic. Then, when we thought that was not hard enough, a massive transportation ported into the room. I turned to see what we were trying to avoid: a Garanz! No...! No!

Immediately, everyone became scattered when trying to avoid the Garanz's low-velocity missiles. The FOmar managed to sneak a hit with his Zonde on Gill, but Gill was able to still operate. However, I could see that it did do a number on him.

"Retreat!" Gill exclaimed.

Everyone attempted to run away, but I found myself cornered by the FOmar and the Garanz. I looked around them, seeing Tonze the last one to leave the room. No... Why? Don't leave me here!

"Hey, I'm over here!" the FOmar exclaimed as he whipped his hand out to me. Immediately, I found myself being buffeted by icicles that fanned out from his hand. I... I could not move. My limbs were frozen in place! "Now, promise you'll come quietly or I'll cut you down where you stand."

His katana was before my face, at an easy distance away from simply causing a lethal stab. I... I do not want to die! Someone... Anyone! Please, help me!

Please...

... Anyone...

Spoiler!

y.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by ARChan; Apr 14, 2014 at 04:42 PM.

I got a little tired of waiting for my friend to do his finish on the drawing. I put the 3rd draft into the opening post under Fortuna in the spoilers section. The others won't come until I confirm whether my friend is going to finish his edits on the drawing or not. Also, I hate my scanner. There's supposed to be more on the left arm, but it didn't catch onto the smaller details... WAH!!!
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 25, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!

NUUUUUUUUUU!!! OMG!!! Major setback on my part!

Apparently, all of my material was lost along with my laptop that decided to blow up last night! Sorry guys! I'll try to make it all up as soon as possible!
    I'm working on a fanfic!

Oh crap, that sucks >_< Sorry to hear that, good luck with the recovery.

After a long debate with myself, I've decided to put this fanfic into a hiatus. I just don't have the time to replan the everything from scratch right now. The length of this hiatus is yet to be determined, and whether I'll return to finish everything is indefinite.

To everyone who is expecting a finish to this story soon, I am very sorry. What I do know is that this story is not even halfway done, which is why planning everything is essential. Give me four or six months from now to expect there to be a change in this fanfic's status. Until then, I hope you like the effort I managed to put into this fanfic, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Here is a vague explanation as to what factored into the hiatus:
    -Love life (possible marriage soon?~<3 [I can dream, right? ])
    -Economy
    -Furthering education
    -New house
    -Lack of personal computer
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 29, 2013 at 05:34 AM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!

Heya everyone! I'm back for a while XD I just got back into my writing mojo just recently. Well, expect an update soon
    I'm working on a fanfic!