Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Entry start.

It has been a while since Sis and I have talked. The only topic that we did talk about was where our stations were, basically to know where we would be. One thing that's been bothering me is how many deviations she has been having recently. Although she may not know, I have been watching her from afar and saw that she was able to communicate with other people without seeming like a cold machine. In fact, I overheard from some CASTs that she was actually a nicer CAST than they expected. How come I never had the opportunity nor the praise when I was my original persona? I found myself becoming jealous and neglected my duty to watch over Sis for the timebeing. I... Whenever I think of her, I just... California, was this what you felt a long time ago? Or is this a new feeling? This feeling... My hands... My feet... My arms... My legs... My body... The longer I stare... So... No. I can't be feeling this way. I'll kill--No. I want to...! NO! Get out of my head! I want to... protect...!

"Hey."

I looked up to find a HUcast looking at me. I already know what he's going to say, that I have to pay attention to what I'm doing. I loudly sighed over what he was saying and loudly groaned, "Yeah, yeah. I know." Even if I didn't show it, I was actually appreciative of him snapping me out of my trance.

So, here I am, traversing upward toward the surface of Ragol. This was according to John's plan. Personally, I think this is a cruel joke. I don't expect anything good to be happening. What if the Humans are on the surface and waiting for us to appear? I glanced to my side out of habit, only to find the HUcast next to me. I found myself wanting to kick him. That was where Sis stood for months. Now, it is occupied by some stranger--a tall one at that. He had a general red color scheme with white as a subcolor. He sure seemed strong with that Gungnir, a yellow-photon partisan. However, we have not encountered any hostiles on the way up, even all the way to the cold sector of the caves.

After some time, we finally observed a working elevator in the hot sector of the caves. Ohgun reported that this elevator will raise us up to the surface via BEE. Apparently, as the formation goes, Ohgun and Reiz are both in the same party with two other CASTs. Their party left before mine did, making them the front observation group. They are to immediately find a way to the surface whereas mine is to straggle behind and search for a colonize-worthy station and report how many CASTs can be left at the new location. To our luck, no such habitation was observed.

"Hey," a RAcast said among us. "What do you guys think of just making Ragol our home?"

I shook my head. "As much as the thought is fine, I do not recall anyone being able to reconstruct or create CASTs in our base. Besides, there are Humans and Newmans in our base and they're trying--"

The HUcaseal loudly groaned. "I don't care about any of that shit!" she roared. "We're in deap shit because of this fucking OPSS. Now, we're chased out of our home... I want to see my little boy. I..." The HUcast chopped her head and shook his head. She stared at him in rage but bowed her head. "I'm... I'm sorry, Liam. I just..."

Liam said in his low, husky voice, "I know. I miss the mistress. All we have to do is survive."

The HUcaseal glanced up to him and turned away. "Why can't you be dumb for once?"

Liam laughed. "I'm just saying the obvious, really."

The RAcast glanced at me and then turned to the access panel. As he tinkered with it, I looked through the photos I took of Sis in a manner like a slideshow. I wonder how she is doing. I wanted to ask her if she could come with me but the thought never came out to her. Thus, she was assigned to a search party diving deeper into the mines. If anything, that way should be safer. After all, no Human would actually go deeper into Ragol for CASTs, right?

Finally, the elevator doors opened, unveiling a large platform that is large enough to... The cargo that can pass through here is immense! It is large enough to place about sixty-four Garanz. It seemed like Pioneer 1 was preparing for a large movement for some reason, but from how it seemed like, the whole platform was rather clean. In fact, it seemed unused. No marks were around and the sort. How peculiar. We all came aboard, only to find a problem with the access panel from the inside. It was slashed... That means this is a one-way elevator since the only way to descend this elevator on the other end is this access panel, if I recall the specs of similar elevators correctly. We all looked among ourselves to see who should stay behind to control the elevator. All I can say is that--

"Calai, you stay behind."

I looked up to the Liam. "Huh?"

"To be quite frank, I haven't seen you perform previous to now. Plus, it seems you know how to use these elevators. I assume you operated in a restricted area?"

"You can say that," I said with a nervous laugh. "You sure seem to know a lot, too."

Liam chuckled. "You stick your head elsewhere."

I leaned close to him with a nosy stare. "Just be sure you pick your fights, alright?" Because I know I will win. I have something you don't, Liam.

He folded his arms. "I'm aware we used to be on opposing sides. However, we have a common enemy. We can make that as a reason to cooperate, right?"

I turned away and settled myself next to the access panel. "Just go. Your enemies are yours and I have mine. How we take care of them is--" I found a photon blade jabbed toward me. "What? Want to fight?"

Liam scoffed. "As if you're worth fighting."

"You'll be surprised when this little RAcaseal beats you down."

Liam stared at me. Quite frankly, this is what I have to put up with when I was in the Hunter's Guild every single day. Finally, he withdrew the Gungnir. "Why do you live?"

I gave a haughty smile. "I live for my sister." And no one else. Not even Daddy. I live for her, and only her.

Liam chuckled some more. "You're lucky that your sister is here. Futura, is it?"

I do not know why Sis changed her name to Futura. Fortuna... Well... Fortuna is my real name, after all. Maybe she was considering this fact. However, even then, that makes her data all the more different to my original data. She is completely different these days. I do not know if this is a good thing or not, but one thing is for sure: she is a lot more interesting these days. Maybe I should start considering her as someone else rather than a replica of me.

Liam finally backed away and entered the elevator. The RAcast came inside with Liam. However, the HUcaseal stayed behind, watching me for some reason. She came to me and held my hands in hers.

"You're ugly," she said to me. ... How rude. "How is it that you can find love with something as such? ... He doesn't love me even if my emittions are so beautiful. How...?"

I smiled and raised my hand to her face. She retreated a little at first but soon relaxed into my hand. "This is what I do to my sister when she is distressed. Comfy, isn't it?"

"Y-yeah..." She finally backed away. "I still don't understand how something so simple can mean so much."

"It's because it's simple is why it's easy to understand. Don't make love so complicated or it will become complicated." ... I'm one to talk.

She felt her face, seeming to have finally realized something. After some time, she faced me with a wild smile. "I have to let him know how much I love him!"

It felt like she sapped all my energy. I stared at her, dumbfounded and in awe as to how she was. It was amazing seeing her that way. Then, I looked over her shoulder to find Liam watching us. I watched the HUcaseal look over her shoulder and then back to me. Her emittions were wild and scattered. She was in a mode of panic. Hmm... I see.

"Thank you, Calai."

... I don't know your name, HUcaseal. I remained silent and watched the HUcaseal depart and meet with Liam at the elevator doors. Liam gestured to me for a brief moment and then moved inside with the HUcaseal. I hope things will go well with the HUcaseal. Some people just need that nudge to do their thing.

I tapped a few buttons and the elevator doors slid shut. Afterwards, the sound of the elevator humming resounded and became distant. Well, what is there to do now? I suppose I should check on Ohgun. I sat down under the access panel and began checking on my inventory. Just then, I realized there was a message waiting for me. I accessed it to soon realize it was from Ohgun. Well, speak of the devil. I opened it and--

"Cal! I don't have much time. Reiz--She's...! Get back to base! The mission's a failure. Go back now! Tell them Reiz has betrayed us!"

I sat in awe of the situation. If that's the case, my squad might not know about what is going on yet! I quickly accessed my messenger module only to suddenly hear a loud crack from the elevator door... then a loud hum... Something was scratching distantly and coming closer. A red light blared from the elevator access panel, displaying the elevator. It was dropping...? Wait. The three are still on it! I tapped at the access panel but found that the emergency function was already active. It still dropped fast... I... I'm sorry! I can't... I can't save you all. California... California...!

I was ducked down with my hands cradling my head. I then heard the elevator zoom past me. Then, a loud crash resounded and shook the ground. I stumbled off my feet as debris and smoke shot out of the broken-in elevator door. Why does this keep happening to me? I was unable to even have the will to get back up. I was still cradling myself. I'm so powerless. If only I checked my mail sooner, this would not have happened! I...

"One more."

Is some here? I looked over my shoulder to find Reiz approaching with her Partisan of Lightning at hand. I stood up, trying to get a grasp of the situation. How did she get here? When did she get here? No matter. I will stop her! I armed my Twin Gatling and began firing. She did not even bother blocking and took the hits, but even then, she did not stop. She kept coming closer at that slow pace. Not a single scratch--How!? No... No way! She is just like before! However, I could feel "it" resonating from her. I never felt it this strong, even from Sis! I backed away in awe, pressing myself back against the wall behind me, trying have even that extra inch away from her. What is happening? Why is this happening? How did she find me?

"Reiz!" I cried out. "Reiz, what's wrong with you?"

She disregarded my words and thrusted a blade into my shoulder. It... I just couldn't stop screaming. I've been shot and wounded in so many different ways. Why does this one moment hurt so much more? Is it because I thought Reiz was a friend? I looked up to Reiz as she stared at me, watching me for some reason.

"You..." She pulled the blade out, having me collapse onto the floor in pain. "You look familiar."

I seathed my breaths and loudly said, "Reiz! It's me! Calai! Don't you remember--?"

"Ah, yes. The weak sister." What...? Her hand came down under my chin and pressed up so she can survey my face. "You look different from last time we met. It's been fun talking with your new sister."

"You're not Reiz... Dark Falz?" She chuckled and shoved my face aside. I came up to a knee and demanded, "What did you do to Reiz!?"

She turned her back to me and waved her free hand mockingly has she took her steps away from me. "Could have killed her. Could have suppressed her. Who knows? She doesn't really matter, anyway."

"Dark Falz...!" I drew my Beam.

"Ah. No, no." She turned to me with a grin. "You could be destroying the only way this inferior being can channel back into this world. You don't want that to happen, do you?"

She's right. I... I don't know if I could do this. To take a friend's life is... California, I can't... Not again.

I soon realized that Dark Falz was pressing Reiz against the barrel of the Beam. I did not want to hurt Reiz, but I really want to stop Dark Falz. I do not know what to do! She was pressing down on the barrel, lowering my aim so she can come closer. My arms shuddered madly as Dark Falz pressed against me.

I stuttered, "W-what do you...?"

Dark Falz pressed a finger to my lips and licked her lips. "It's funny. I bet you've been trying to avoid me. You know there's no way to run away from me." Her finger pressed down on my bottom lip, exposing a small opening. "So, how about you hear me once more? I mean, you do pray to me quite often. Why not--?"

"No!" I pushed her away from me, not realizing that I dropped my Beam. I sprinted for a clearing, only to suddenly find myself caught into her arms and rolled onto the floor. "Let go of me!"

"Not until I have my fun." She pried my form open, pinning my arms down onto the floor. "Now, answer me. Did your wish come true?"

I stopped struggling, panting wildly. "What...?"

She gave me a sleazy grin. "You know what I mean. Stupidity isn't your nature, Fortuna."

I know what she meant. I just didn't want to admit that I did make a wish with Dark Falz--a pact to be more exact. I gave up the will to resist. I know that Dark Falz is only toying with me. I had no choice but be at its mercy.

"Fortuna," she said in a mocking tune. "Why not tell me what you said that day? Make so the world knows what you are: perverted, lonely, lesbian--"

"Then will you let me go?"

She nodded. "It's the only way, Fortuna. You're the one whom I spared. Don't you feel obligated to at least grant me some enjoyment?"

I laid helplessly, not knowing what to do. "The pact we made..." I remember it like yesterday. "I wished to remain loyal to the next seed, and to be the bride of the one next in line--that was to be my sister to be." I did not mind being loyal to Sis. I just wanted to feel secure in someone else's arms. Falling in love... Well... I did not really plan for it to be that way, but it seemed Sis already had that notion to fall in love with me even without knowing about the pact. Even so, she is the one to call the shots. I am to be loyal and protect her. That is what I'm best at.

Dark Falz leaned forward to an uncomfortable distance. "That's not what I remember. Don't make me force it out of you."

... What? "That is what I--"

"Liar! You always lie!" She seized my head. "What you said was more ugly! More perverted! More! MORE!!!"

"What do you want from me!?"

She unsheathed her blade once more and stabbed my torso. I screamed in agony and thrashed to stop her, but the more I moved, the more damage I received. "I want to see you lust for your sister! That is what I want to see! Call for her! Cry for her! Make her yours! Break all morals that people create! Incest! Homesexuality!" She stood up and then slashed my left arm off. I screamed in pain as she was laughing at my agony. "You are not any different from before. You only speak big. You only think you have become different. You are only the same. That is what makes you so entertaining. You try so much but you are still the same."

"I am different!" I screamed. I swung my fist at Dark Falz. She jumped back as I stood up to my feet and took back the Autogun I dropped, firing immediately when it was fitted into my hand... but the next thing I knew, I was back on the floor. The blue photon bolt was reflected back and struck my right leg. I remember this. I remember how much I tried to fight Dark Falz before. No matter what I did, I could not even phase it. I cannot fight it!

"Fortuna," she said as she came to me. "You must relax a bit. You just might actually do something you swore not to do."

It does not matter. I... I have to do this! I raised my palm to Dark Falz and focused my energy to it. Next thing I knew, my arm mutated into a cannon and shot a massive beam at Dark Falz. She dodged it, as expected. Thus, I mutated my back and thrusters ignited. I was sent flying toward her and mutated myself even more to become aerodynamic and my torso sprouted massive photon blades where my arms were. I will end this right here! Dark Falz, you will bother me no more! You are gone! I slashed forward and cleaved her cleanly in two. I crashed against the wall behind Dark Falz and turned to continue the onslaught!

"W-wha...?" She looked around, bewildered but evidently in pain. "How did I get...?"

I soon remembered something. Dark Falz... It was using Reiz's body! No! How could I have overlooked this fact? I mutated myself back into my normal form and rushed to Reiz's aid. "Reiz!" I cried out. "Reiz, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to!"

She looked over to me and rolled her head back. She fell into hibernation mode, but by all the secretions and electricity sparking from her open wound, she might not survive for much longer. I stood up over her body parts and buried my face into my hands. "Dark Falz... Dark Falz, I... I wanted to kiss my sister. Yes, I accomplished that and it felt so good. I... I want to fuck her so much that I masturbate for long periods of time with her on my mind. I know it's unheard of when thinking about a robot doing something like that, but it's real. I feel it. And... And I want to marry her so much. I want to make so many firsts with her. I love Sis with all my heart. I want to give everything to her as long as she will be mine." Silence... "Dark Falz, please. Help Reiz. Even though she's not Fortuna, she's still a dear friend to me." Silence... "Dark Falz! Please! Give me some kind of instruction! I... I don't want to hate you anymore. Please. I want to believe in you again."

"What makes you think you can like me?" Dark Falz said from Reiz. I could sense its presence in her body. "Am I not giving you enough misery?"

I shook my head. "Misery is nothing when you want to believe." I came to Reiz's body and cradled Dark Falz. "I want to believe that you were something more than an evil presence. Maybe some kind of god made you this way. Maybe you got jealous of some other god and tried to kill his believers so that you can have your own."

"You are wrong," she said.

"Maybe you are actually a savior. You send people to the grave because you don't want to see them suffer."

"Wrong again."

"What? What is it, Dark Falz? I want to know you some more."

She scoffed. "Fine." A massive flash of light enshrouded us and Reiz's body was restored. "It really is a pain not having anyone believe in me. I will make you live, but I swear I will kill you if you don't make things exciting for me."

I desperately nodded crazily over and over again. "Yes! Anything! Please!"

"Now..." Her arms opened up to me. "... show me how much you want me."

All for Sis. That is all I want. She only started life on this world and she only started to realize her potential. She can do so much more. I came to Dark Falz, hesitant at first, wondering if this was only a trick, but when I was close enough, her arms enclosed around my neck. Our noses touched and the warm ether between us tickling my lips.

"You are an interesting creature," she said to me as she stroked the plates of my hair accessories. "Why do you want to waste my time?"

I pursed my lips to think. Surely, Dark Falz already knows why. If I could take up its time, it cannot interact with Sis. I stared a little longer but Dark Falz pulled on one of my hair accessories, pulling me into her mercy once again.

"You jest that you can waste my time," she said with a malicious grin. "I am god. I can be anywhere at any time..." She pulled in close to me. "... even with your dear sister."

I tried to break free but she cuffed her lips over mine. Immediately, all my motor systems shut down. I felt my life draining from my body as she continued on. Our lips parted finally. Why? Why does Dark Falz do these things to me? She held a blade down to me as if she were trying to spoonfeed me.

"Your sister will be my next vessel," Dark Falz said, frowning. "I would like to ask if you would not intervene. If you will aid me, I will grant you the ability to copy her data. You know what will happen if you dare to defy me again." Her eyes narrowed. "And that kiss? I was merely injecting more of what you call D-factor. You will have no choice on the matter, for I can do this to you."

Suddenly, my arm rose up from my side and armed the Autogun. Then, before I could even react, I abruptly pulled the trigger and shot my leg. I wanted to scream but my jaw was shut tight! Dark Falz laughed in my dismay.

Dark Falz stomped on the wound and pressed down. I want to get away from her! She leaned forward and said muttered, "Because of me, you survived so many times. Because of me, your dear sister was able to fight Dal Ra Lie. Because of me, you were able to realize your emotions. I will keep reminding you of how much you owe me. You will repay me. You will do as I say. You will obey my commands. Do you understand?"

No! I will not-- "Yes, my lord."

She smiled and pecked a kiss to my lips. Immediately afterwards, I was able to move. I tossed myself away from her and rolled across the floor to keep my distance. I soon found myself pinned by Dark Falz once more. She saddled on my waist with that twisted smile of hers.

I exclaimed, "I will not--"

"You have no say in this matter!" she roared back, tremoring my auditory sensors. "I own you! Though how much you will resist, you will obey me in the end, just like that time with your elder sister." I gritted my teeth, but she does have a point. I might end up doing the same thing again. "I know how much you loved your elder sister, and I know you still do."

Suddenly, I saw Dark Falz twitch. Her eyes then wondered off me and stared at the floor as if staring through it. Wait... Now that I think about it, I also feel something odd. We both exchanged glances. It is Sis. She is in danger. I don't understand what happened but we seemed to have come to an agreement with me nodding to her.

Dark Falz then stood me up onto my feet and held her hand out to my wound, resonating a type of light from it. When done, she then raised it to my head. "The safety of your sister is all that matters to you."

... YES. SAFETY OF MY SISTER IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME...

Everything turned black. When I was finally able to see, I noticed my body being hot. Although I was able to see, I could not register what was happening before me. Little by little, functions throughout my body started. Only then did I realize Sis was before me. I was tightly embracing her in my arms as she laid motionless. Sure, she may be so, but I knew something for sure:

She, too, is affected by Dark Falz.

End entry.
    Timestamp location: underground mining facility.
    Last edited by ARChan; May 19, 2014 at 04:53 PM.

Entry Start.

I can't go back to base. I can't... If I somehow become in tune with Sis, I might not be able to stop myself this time. I can't do this. I...

I shouldn't even be thinking about this! I have to get help. Sis is in danger. However, as I continued onward, something didn't feel right. I cannot comprehend the navigation system. Everything seemed hazy. Maybe it's because I'm carrying Sis. I hope that is the case. Sis, I hope you are just resting. Otherwise, I... I might not be able to contain myself. To think of you leaving me is just overwhelming.

California... Now that I think about it, California often carried me in her arms like this often. However, I was actually functional most of the time. She was often odd and very unpredictable, but now that I think about it, she did all these things lovingly. We did things that sisters wouldn't normally do. We tried to do what Corallean lore told us about: painting nails, watch movies on furniture, talk wildly about events--or rather she did--, go shopping together, try on the latest clothes, and be so close. We would be what Corallean lore called "best friends."

These days, the concept of love and how to go about it is truly abstract to a CAST. Sure, some of us actually decipher the concept, but there are those who just do not understand it at all. In fact, in society, it is actually taboo for intimate relationships with CASTs. There are those who tried to break that barrier, like Dr. Montague. He created Eleneor and Ult to become parts of his family. While I was accompanying Daddy at work, I remember seeing them only once and they all seemed so happy. It makes me jealous. Is this the very same reason why there was a kind of dissonance between Dad and me? Is this the reason why Sis and I seem to not be on the same page as each other? Sis... As I watch over you, are you happy?

After some time, I stopped in a small containment room with two broken crates. I placed Sis behind them and sat down in front of the door, my legs pulled to myself and resting my head against them. I feel so powerless. Everything is so much beyond my control. I wish I could change the world for Sis and me. What am I doing, anyway? Why am I going deeper into the mines? I already know what is going to happen. Dark Falz. It is waiting for Sis.

Wait... Something seems odd. I raised my head and glanced to my side. There, I saw a Human watching me. A Hunter-class male Human! I thrusted myself onto my feet, only to find myself at the tip of a katana. I froze in an instant. This HUmar... He's fast. I think I recognize this sword style... Miyama, I think it's called. It was practiced by only a selected few, one of them being late Master Zoke. I traced up along his arm to see him staring at me still. What is he looking at me for?

"Did you see a FOmar down here?" he inquired with a lethal tone.

I glanced all around me but I soon found the Katana raised up clearly between my eyes. "W-what...!?"

He scoffed and withdrew his blade to his side. It processed into his storage the moment it was placed there and he flicked his long hair. "What a waste of time."

"Wha--Hey! I hope that FOmar isn't with you! He was attacking my sister!"

The HUmar took a glance at me and finally left me alone in the room. My legs quaked and I collapsed down onto my knees. Weak. I am weak! Damn it! What more should I face against before I could finally become useful? I can't take this anymore! I stood back up onto my feet and came to see Sis one more time. I will end it. I will end it all. If... If I can't have Sis, then no one will!

I shoved a crate aside only to find a young boy sitting next to Sis. A... A FOmar? Wait. Is this the one that HUmar was looking for? The boy smiled and stood up.

"Thanks for getting that man away from me," he said to me.

I stood in awe of the situation. So, that HUmar was looking for this boy, who was actually in this room the whole time? I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. When I finally stopped laughing, I soon noticed the boy watching over Sis.

"You two better be careful," he said. "Something feels odd around here."

Dark Falz... Children... Can they feel Dark Falz or something? I sighed, only to find the boy staring at me. "What? Is there something--?"

The boy reached out to my face. I stood still, frightened again. The boy then looked at something in the palm of his hand. I leaned forward to see what he was looking at. Hm? I don't see anything. He then grasped his hand and said to me, "I think you two will be fine."

Huh? As if! It's Dark Falz we're faced against! "Just leave your nose somewhere else!" His face did not wrinkle nor frown. It seemed like he was certain about something.

"You need to stop thinking so much," he said. He held his hand out to my forehead. "It may seem weird for a Human like me to give advice such as this. You need to stop thinking so much. Otherwise, you won't be able to fall in love, right?"

... Huh?

He smiled. "Well, believe me. Love will triumph this problem of yours. It did state that love of country, family, and self is what conquered the ultimate darkness a long time ago."

W-wha...!?

He rubbed the back of his head. "Well, it's just a hunch. Pay no mind if I'm just an old man talking nonsense." ... Kids these days. He glanced around me. "Oh... Darn. Hello, Orland."

I turned to find that HUmar from earlier standing at the doorway. He had his arms folded, evidently irritated. The FOmar smiled at me one more time and finally met with the HUmar at the door. Old man, huh?

The moment the two went out the door, I turned back to Sis to find her lying back against the corner I placed her in. I knelt down before her and moved a lock of hair aside to see her face. I wonder if she's okay. No, she has to be okay. I can see her chest rise and descend. I know that I might be tricking myself of her health, but what can I do? I can just...

... No. Maybe that boy was right. I think too much. Let's see... What should be done now? Hmm... Sis sure needs to be cleaned. I could see dirt clumping on her shell. Heh. I guess I should've asked for a maintenance myself. My fingers felt along her face, ultimately to her lips. When we get back, we're going to have a nice bath together. We always did it back home. Yeah! I'm sure she'll like to get a proper resting place, too. I'm sure she'll--

"Calai?"

My thoughts popped in an instant. I soon noticed Sis having a hard time to boot. Her eyes aren't open, but I wonder how she noticed I was here. "I'm here," I quietly said. "Do you need something?"

She struggled to open her left eye to see me. "M-monomate... Please?"

Energetically, I said with a wide smile, "One monomate coming right up!"

Sis groaned. "Stop being so loud." She laid back again and closed her eyes once more.

I couldn't help but keep that smile of mine on my face. A monomate transfigured into my hand in a green box. The contents was a small cookie of some sort. I nudged Sis on the arm, seeing her weakly open her left eye again. It didn't take long for me to notice that she wasn't looking at me. I wonder why. Even so, I nudged her arm again.

"Hey," I whispered to her. She didn't look at me still. I kept nudging her until she actually looked at me.

She sighed and said in a grumbly manner, "Wha--?"

I stuffed the cookie into her mouth. After a brief instance of surprise, she glared at me. Same old Sis.

After some time, she finished the monomate and became completely operational. Her temperature was lessening. That's good. However, she still laid back and not looking at me. I sat on her lap, but even then, she didn't look at me. I came close to her but she moved away.

Bothered about her reaction, I said, "Hey, Sis?" She made a small noise, sounding that she was listening. "Hey, c'mon. Talk to me."

She took a glance at me and then bowed her head. I grinned and sat down beside her. Maybe she's just not in the mood, really. I'll give her some space for now, but what I should I do--Huh? She laid her head on my left shoulder. I took a glance at her but all I could see was a little bit of her face covered by her hair bangs. Well... I suppose this's fine, too. I laid my head against hers, suddenly feeling winded. I suppose a small nap would be fine. After all, I haven't really rested for quite some time.

---

"I'll always be with you."

... Huh? I raised my head, soon realizing that I'm alone. I burst upright--

"Ow!" I yelled. What did I hit my head on? To my side, I noticed Sis rubbing her forehead. "Oh! Did I hit you?"

Sis stared at me with her usual stare of limited emotions. "We should report back," she said as she stood up to her feet.

Report back...? I stayed in my place. She knelt down before me. I took a glance at her, finding her staring at me again. I shook my head.

"Calai," Sis said, "they need to know our condition. We must report back to headquarters as soon as possible."

I felt along my arm. "... I'll go back with you only part of the way."

Sis seized my arm and pulled me forward onto my knees. I know what she is trying to say, but I cannot let the powers I have come near to headquarters. What if I am forced to transform again?

"Why are you being difficult?" Sis inquired.

I raised my head to see her towering over me. As if she were an icon, I bowed my head and said, "I am dangerous."

"Quit being silly and come back with me."

She seized my arm again but I yanked my arm free from her grip. "I'm not being silly!" I roared. "You should go back. I... I'm going to stay down here." She paused. I know what I'm saying is odd. I'm a Dark Falz disciple. I can't taint Sis any more than I have already... is what I want to believe. I found myself gripping her legs in plea. I didn't want to be alone, either.

"... I am sorry."

"Huh?"

Sis backed away from me. I raised my head to find Sis turn away from me. But... Sis! I scrambled up to my feet but soon found two HUcast burst through the door, passing Sis and held me at Partisan tips. I looked over to Sis to find her back turned toward me. Then, a massive RAcast came into the scene. John...?

"Are you okay?" he asked Sis. She ignored his question.

"What's going on here?" I pled. "I don't know what--"

"You are under arrest by the resistance. You have violated article 68 of the New Resistance Manual: failure to forfeit all personal information for inspection and consideration, especially any that can be dangerous or a threat."

"Tell me! What...!?" One of the HUcast came around behind me and chained my hands together with photon braces. I didn't resist, believing that John would be reasonable.

"Anything you say or do will be held against you in court. A lawyer is available, should you request one."

"John!" I meant to take a step forward but I was bound by my ankles too, toppling over onto the floor. "John, please tell me! What's going on!?" He stared at me but looked away. As I was being carried away, I saw Sis watching me. "Sis! Help me! I don't understand what's going on!" She watched me but bowed her head as a result. "Sis!"

She didn't move. John came to her and patted her head as he said, "To think your sister is the one who did all that."

Do what? I don't understand! I thrashed once more and slammed my doubled fists against one of the HUcast. Seeing this as my chance, I thrusted myself toward Sis, rolling across the floor as much as I could before I was tackled down to stop. Even then, I didn't stop. However, I soon realized that we five were not alone. In the shadows, I could find numerous other CASTs armed with the finest weaponry of the resistance.

"Sis!" I screamed. She finally turned to me. I knew she would come to her senses! "Sis, what's going on? Please tell me. Please?" I soon found myself at point-blank range against a Handgun. "Sis...?"

... Why...?

--ENTRY ABRUPTLY FINISHED--

--UNABLE TO SAVE LOCATION STAMP--
    Last edited by ARChan; May 19, 2014 at 04:54 PM.

--RECORD 149--

It seems the situation between us has made a turn for the worse. I pulled the direct link cable back into my ear and backed away from Calai. I cannot believe they would go as far as excluding her shell from her head. Calai was then pulled into a cold container in the wall and the electronic lock sealed her away. I felt along my chest. How did it come to this?

"Futura?"

I turned about to then leave through the doubled doors. I passed by John as he followed me out of the containment sector. So, I am the vessel for Dark Falz. I suppose I should be careful and how this innate power inside me is used.

"Futura," John called again.

I stopped in my place and turned to him, seeing him expressing his concern. "Thank you."

He folded his arms. "I know you want to see her more, but I was only able to give you clearance this time."

I shook my head. "The effort is what matters more." I smiled as I came to his side and slipped my small hand slipped into his. "So, where shall we go?"

He rubbed the back of his head with his free hand. "I-I suppose we could go out searching again." He glanced at me. "You're not recording this, right?"

I chuckled. "Why not make the first recording after a month with the one I love?"

We both finally stepped out of the secured zone and stepped out into the public, where there were numerous CASTs intermingling with Human and Newman alike. There certainly has been an increase in Organics these days, and it is great that the OPSS is attempted to be repealed soon. John has stepped down from being a council member to mediate the situation as a public enforcer. Everyone was happy to see him. He was just too bright of a figure that it makes me jealous when people take him away from me, but for today, he is mine.

Well... That was what I thought was going to happen. However, what happened was we stayed apart for most of the walk to the main gate to the outside world. I looked over my side to find John's attention fixated on the door before us. I found myself tracing his eyes to the large gate that stood twenty-nine meters in height, ten meters thick, and fifty meters in length. On the other side is the world we locked ourselves away from, though we do open these doors for only a set amount of time. There really is nothing wrong since we discovered ways to preserve and create necessary fuels for everyone, especially the Organics who chose to stay with us. However, the difficulty is when regarding the population growth of the Organics.

Unlike CASTs, they all consume necessary fuels and are unable to produce any kind of reusable sources. Already, there are times when CASTs thought of exterminating the Organics, which is what John wants to police against. I became his deputee to a sense, meaning there are no official records of me being one. Really, I just want to stay with him, since everyone is gone. Calai is being held captive, Reiz is missing, and Ohgun is destroyed. When I think about it, John is all I have.

Some time passed. I looked over my shoulder once more to find John still staring at the gate. It was like there was something he was expecting to happen, but knowing him, he knows something. Did something happen outside? In all curiosity and plea for him to come back to reality, stepped close to him and pressed myself against his arm. I kept looking up at him but he did not even take a glance at me. A melancholic wave started to come over me.

"John?"

Finally, John looked over to me. That melancholy feeling went away in an instant when he said, "What is it?"

I smiled and tugged on his arm gently. "Let us do something. We cannot protect anyone if we are simply standing here."

John took another glance at the gate. "Do you think the two of us should go on the next expedition party?"

I paused, my smile gradually dropping. "W-what do you mean?"

John rubbed the back of his head. "I really don't fathom the thought of being stuck in here." He turned to me and leaned over to level ourselves a little. "Of course, you don't have to go. In fact, I'd be more at ease if you don't."

I seized his hand. "You are not going." He stared at me. I knew he was questioning why. "Do not go."

A pause came between us. Then, John patted my head and stood upright. "Yeah..." He took another glance at the gate. "Silly me."

John finally turned away from the gate. I chased after him but took one final glance at the gate. What was he thinking? It is dangerous out there.

Another time passed by and silence was all there was between us. It may have been a month but the dome has expanded to become something of a city now. In fact, once we pass through some gates, it felt like we were back on a civilized variant of Ragol. It was a kind of utopia. The only thing wrong was that I only saw CASTs. The Organics were nowhere to be seen superficially. However, when digging deep into the scenes, what I saw was horrendous. The Organics... The ones captured during expeditions were put into slavery and inhumane breeding farms. It was all beyond cruelty. It was like we have descended even lower than the Organics up above. Steak? Do not even ask the contents. It made even my face churn.

"Ah, John!" The two of us turned to a Newman. He was taller than me and fairly lanky. He had a long white coat that covered most of his body. Just out of the bottom was matching pants and oak-brown shoes. A scientist. Apparently, he was stepping out of a breeding facility.

"Hello," John said.

The scientist said with an earnest grin, "How was visiting C-413?"

C-413. That was the cell number for Calai. John shook his head in response. "I didn't do anything there. You should ask Futura."

The scientist turned his attention to me. "Did you discover anything?"

I nodded. "I confirmed that Reiz is not destroyed, but missing. Other than that, I do not see any real reason to keep the subject in stasis."

"It is dangerous!" He exclaimed. "You must only be thinking that way because it is your sister. A demon like that deserves any kind of treatment worse than that of a slave!" I was about to roar when John suddenly punched the man, sending him into a tussle to regain his footing. "W-what was that for!?"

John folded his arms and said, "I thought scientists were supposed to be as objective as possible, not putting their own opinions on the matter."

"B-but why did you hit me?"

John sighed. "For being an ass, speaking as an individual and not as someone with authority of course. Think of it as a gesture of good, since I'm not putting what you said into your records."

"Certainly, everyone has opinions. The truth of the fact is that everyone thinks it is a monster."

I turned away and continued walking. As much as I want to say something, I am almost certain that the man will not listen. Even so, I am afraid to say I am a monster as well. In fact, I think I am far worse than Calai would ever be.

I stood in an opening, away from all the carnage being placed on the Organics. There, John found me. His steps were heavier than usual. He is furious. I wonder what he did to the Newman while I was gone. I watched him step up to me and cradle my head against his steel plates. I did not do anything but take what he offered.

"It's gotta be tough," John said.

I suppose it is tough, but as long as I have an opportunity to see Calai again, the situation will have to do. It can be worse, after all.

Suddenly, an explosion shook the ground. John and I parted from each other and immediately began reading the BEE. A D-factor organism has somehow appeared in the central plaza. How did it even appear there? Immediately, the two of us began sprinting down streets and corridors. Citizens were stampeding in the opposite direction, screaming and toppling over each other without regard of anything except their own safety. I followed John through all of the carnage, ultimately following him up to the rooftops near to the site of contact. I could hear someone fighting in the distance, in the general vicinity of a cloud of dust and debris. The strikes... They have a kind of tempo to it.

"Do you see anything?" I asked John.

Then, a load roar shook the grounds. The dust cloud was blown away from the target, having all the bits of debris strike everything like they were photon bolts. Windows were blown in and walls were chipped away if not broken down. However, the organic substances were all unscathed. When the roar was finished, all debris fell down. John and I peeked over the side, toward the origin of the sound.

"Calai...?"

I did not realize her name escaped my lips as I was in awe. I could not explain what I was feeling upon seeing her. She was down in a quadruped manner, looking like she was ready to lunge forward. Upon inspecting her equipment... Huh...? Her information was not available. I kept trying to access her information but no such thing was available. In fact, I cannot even select her, as if she was not even a citizen or military member of Pioneer 2.

Directly across from Calai was a Caseal. It faced Calai with a sassy posture. A female? From how it appeared, Calai saw her as a threat. How come? ... What? The Caseal identified my location. Suddenly, she whipped her hand out toward me. A laser pointer...? A gun!?

--WARNING. ELECTRICAL DAMAGE IN SYSTEM. ATTEMPTING TO RECOVER.--

Damn it... Tempest element to a rifle. Electrical elements are the bane of CASTs. I was lifted off the floor and was carried away in a rush. The structure of the person... Large. John? He placed me down in a safe location away from the scene, in an alleyway among large buildings. I was almost done discharging all excess electricity in my system. I struggled to raise my head to see John analyzing me.

"Are my eyes tricking me?" I asked him.

John bowed his head, pressing a hand to his face. "I don't know either. That was your sister, right?"

The shock effect subsided finally. I stood up and consumed a monomate to speed up the healing process. "Let's try to be more careful this time."

"Yahaha! I agree!"

Huh? That laugh! I looked up to find the Caseal who used a Tempest rifle just in between us. She smiled widely with a glint of excitement on her face. Was she in that flowerbed too? She especially kept an eye on me. John already had a gun pointing straight at her, but she did not move. Her attention was completely on me.

"So, who's the threat at the moment?" she inquired. "Isn't it supposed to be the D-factor on the loose?"

Wait... That's right! Calai is on the loose! I paced by the Caseal but she seized my arm before I could even pass her. "What is it?" I asked, trying to keep my desperation contained.

She said to me, "Make sure your gun actually hits your target. Otherwise, you will be hurt... again."

I looked over to her. "You will help me, right?"

"You're asking me to help you even after you tried to abandoned me?" She released me and pressed a hand on her face. "Go along now, but a word of advice: you aren't supposed to be here. You're supposed to go to the source of the problem, not the replica."

"Huh? Go to Calai?"

She sighed as she looked over to John. "Get her over to her sister, not unless you want that replica to continue running rampant. I'll do my best to keep her at bay."

He nodded and glanced over to me, motioning that I should do as we were informed. Hesitantly, I passed by the Caseal with my eyes stuck onto her. She kept a ridiculous smile on her face the whole time I saw her. This Caseal was the same woman in the flowerbed, right? I was hoping that there would be more of a hint to really confirm her identity. In fact, I wished I asked what her name was.

So, we were dashing down street after street to return back to the detention facility. However, for some reason, it sounded like the clashes were following us. Security forces then passed us when we were nearing the militarized encampment. Before we could even enter the perimeter, we were halted by checkpoint, where a CAST gate guard greeted us with a hand out to stop us.

"Let us through," John commanded as he sent his provisions and certificates via electronic link to the guard. I sent mine as well.

The guard looked up to John and then me. Then, he said to John, "I can't let Ms. Futura through. Her authorization forms expired upon her most recent visit."

"We don't have time!" John exclaimed, but the guard remained stubborn. "Look, I'm going to be the one who's escorting her."

The guard shook his head. "Your authorization form as an escort needs to be renewed."

"Damn--!"

Suddenly, a nearby explosion shook the ground. I looked over my shoulder to find CASTs rolling across the floor and crashing against debris and walls all about the scene. There, I saw a lone CAST walking toward us from the dust cloud. Calai...!

The guard then signaled an alarm from the station, making the whole militarized zone blare sirens and come into lockdown. CASTs of different sorts started appearing in the scene, rushing by us and everywhere else. In the midst of all the chaos, John took my hand and pulled me through everyone. I looked behind me, watching lines of CASTs being swiped by an abnormally large photon blade. Photon bolts were being deflected everywhere as well. Why is Calai suddenly so strong?

John and I finally came to the detention facility, but the whole building was blocked off by photon barriers and reinforced by thick walls on the doors and windows. Even with a weapon as strong as a NUG-2000, it would not even make a dent. How am I supposed to get in? Even if my objective is inside, how can I truly be sure the one that is coming is not Calai? I looked to find more chaos caused by one simple CAST. If Reiz was hard with her reflective properties, Calai was not even making a single attempt to deflect the bolts. She only focused on swinging her bare arm with a massive photon extension slashing through every one who dared to come close. Maybe I am actually not needed here. Maybe I needed to be by her side.

"Futura! Where are you going!"

I will not leave her alone. She needs me. I need to help her. Maybe she had been waiting for me to awaken her from that seeming-to-be slumber. It is nothing else other than a stasis cell--a coffin that would be her restless grave. Yes... Maybe she is mad at me. I understand if she was. Even I would be driven to that point if I were put away for a month.

24. OR 25.
    Spoiler!

y.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by ARChan; Jun 19, 2014 at 01:58 PM.

--RECORD 150--

Here I am in the corner of John's room, looking pathetic and useless for a CAST who managed to eliminate a tough threat single-handedly. I leaned to the wall perpendicular to the one I sat back against, my face partially hidden but enough to see over these legs pulled close to me. John is out patrolling and attempting to alleviate the chaos in town. Sometimes, I wish he would have stayed with me and alleviate the chaos in me.

I kept questioning myself why these things kept happening to me. I was just living life for Daddy. Now, I am here and away from him, hiding from everyone, becoming more and more of a monster. Now that I thought about it, maybe I should have died against that lookalike. Maybe the outcome would have been better.

No, that cannot be right. If I let it continue, more CASTs would have died. Lastly, it seemed like it was coming for Calai. I suppose that would have been correct. If that thing I killed was not Calai, where did it originate from? Why did it appear in the Central Plaza? Yes, I should go there. Maybe I will find an answer to what was happening. I do not care what happens to me. I need to keep everyone safe. Through effort, I can actually have them accept me. Stood upright and glanced around the room, attempting to see if I could do something for John before I leave. However, I failed to see anything unsatisfactory. So, I left the room without hesitation.

However, the moment I stepped outside, there were already CASTs waiting for me. I stopped in an instant, keeping the door open. They saw me and a Cast came forward. This Cast looked familiar...

"Good day," the Cast said with a yellow partisan called a Gungnir armed. He had a general red color with a white subcolor. "You are Ms. Futura, I presume?"

Yes, this one looked familiar, indeed. Liam. I glanced among the CASTs around him but did not see the Caseal who was in Calai's party. I assumed the worst happened to her. However, how did he escape unharmed?

Liam was already before me when he said, "I saw what you did to the infected earlier. I have to say, I am quite impressed."

I felt along my right arm and looked down. "It... It was nothing. You did not see anything."

"Oh. How rude of me."

I shook my head. "Liam, leave me alone. You might get hurt too." I looked to my side but found myself looking up to him, seeing him staring at me.

"How do you know about that name?" he whispered to me.

My eyes immediately moved and I shook my head. I attempted to pass by him but he stopped me when he held an arm out. "Let me go," I demanded.

"H-hey," another Cast said. "I think you should let her be."

"Yeah," a Caseal added. "You saw what she did, and you know how we had a hard time trying to take that thing down earlier."

Liam chuckled and touched my face, shifting me to look up to him. "Where are you going?"

I shook my head. "Please, let me go."

Silence came between the two of us, but in that silence, his hand released me and came to his side. Then, he came down to a knee, lowering his head. "Forgive my rudeness. I was only testing your temper earlier. Please, let us aid you."

"... What?"

"That is what our intentions are. The colony needs your strength."

I glanced up to everyone else, seeing them bowing down similar to Liam. I am a goddess to them. Liam took my hand and my attention to his hand. I honestly do not know what to do for them. I can only cause destruction. I took my hand from him and continued to pass by him. They all let me pass by with reverence and fear as I took my steps through the crowd. I do not care what they do. I need to have my questions answered. I need to prove that Calai truly was not the one I saw.

Pondering about the situation, I suppose visiting Calai's cell would explain everything, but I need clearance to come to her. So, I should ask John to check on her to make things simpler. As for me, I should come to the site of contact. If Calai truly was the one I met earlier, did I just destroy her with little regard? ... No. That cannot be right. She would never hurt me. I have to prove her innocence for the colony... and myself.

As quick as I was pacing, it did not take me long to realize the attention I had upon me nor the group that followed me. They were policing the citizens and providing ease upon my precense as if they were my body guards. Who ordered them to do this? Did they decide to do this on their own?

Next thing I knew, I was sprinting. Indeed were sprinting after me. Why are they so intent on following me? I tried to stop them, turning corner after corner. I did not want to involve them in my issues. I bear the ability to become one of Dark Falz's minions.

"Ms. Futura! Stop!"

I stopped, realizing that my feet led me to the forward gates that lead to the outside world. I watched in awe, contemplating whether I should actually take John's ideals and try to find a world we can live in out there. How I longed for that world. We are only trapping ourselves and bracing for the inevitability. We have to become exposed to the outside world. This world we created will not suffice.

After a while, I noticed the void behind me clearing. I turned to look. John... He was in front of everyone. He stood there, watching my every move whereas everyone else cleared out one by one. Soon, it was just the two of us. My body heat started to rise again. Please, John. Please do not attempt to console me. Do not take me to your home. I have to find out Calai's situation.

John laughed and folded his arms. "Already bouncing back?"

I gripped my hands. "This is not the time to be joking!"

He started to come toward me. I attempted to find a way around him, but one feature about this exit is there being walls that extend from the door for trapping purposes. So, instead, I stayed in my place, watching him come closer. When he was just an arm's length away, he stopped with his eyes only on me.

"I thought I told you to stay in the room," he said to me via wireless channel.

I bowed my head and replied in the same manner, "I want to prove Calai's innocence."

He chuckled. "I knew you would be doing that. Apparently, your sister is still in the detention facility. Also, the origin of that creature was already investigated upon. The creature was of infiltration purposes. Also, the Caseal whom we met..." He held his chin between his finger and thumb. "I tried matching her frequency earlier, but all the searches were negative. It is like she never existed, and I usually make sure that everyone is accounted for when they enter the colony."

"Really now?" a Caseal contested.

We both jumped up in surprise and immediately shifted our sights to our side, finding that one Caseal from earlier. She had a wide smile, apparently energetic but to a different sense than Calai.

"Miss," John said, "there you are. I was looking for you."

She folded her arms with that smile on her arms. "Sorry, but I must ask that you don't call reinforcements. Rather, I'd aid my girl here. She's still supposed to see Calai."

John rubbed the back of his head. "What? But I already checked--"

"You fool!" she barked. "She is supposed to be the one, not you!" She still had that smile on her face. Rather than aggrivated, she seemed to be amused. "Well, no matter. She still needs to see her sister."

I glanced at both John and the Caseal and asked, "Why do I have to be the one? Is there a type of code only I am able to decipher?"

She snapped her fingers. "Bingo. I'm quite sure you're asking why that thing earlier appeared, but I am almost sure that your questions will be answered upon meeting your sister."

I processed what she could mean about me having something that most others do not have, but the only thing I can ever think of is how perverted Calai is. Not everyone acknowledges her as one. Maybe I am supposed to do something erotic with her? The thought just made me become concerned about my wellbeing.

"How do you know these things?" I asked, attempting to mask my insecurity.

The Caseal turned to me and stepped close. My insecurities began to surface even more the longer she stared at me. I glanced at John, seeing him simply watching with his arms folded. However, he was really reaching over to his inventory to arm a weapon. I looked back up to the Caseal, seeing that I was feeding into her enjoyment.

Finally, she backed away and turned to John. "Hey, you'll get Futura over to her sister."

John shook his head. "Not until you tell us--"

Suddenly, the Caseal armed a Photon Claw--a twin prong forearm-mounted, green-photon weapon--onto her right hand and held it to his chest, just over where his energy core is. "I did not ask you to do it. I command you to do it." She still had a wide smile. "You have no say upon this situation. Besides, you do not know what I do."

John exchanged glances with me. "Yes. I did not say I will not do it."

"Good!" the Caseal said as she stored the Photon Claw and then slapped his back. "The quicker the better," she laughed as she started walking toward the civilized sector of the colony, leaving me with John.

John and I exchanged glances and then looked off to where the Caseal disappeared to. Something was definitely odd about her, but I suppose we should check what she meant by all this. I hope this will actually lead to something. If not, I do not really know what else we can do aside from giving up.

... At least that was the initial thought. Upon reappearing at the checkpoint to the militarized section of the colony, there was an increased amount of guards in the vicinity. I can hardly blame them for the security, but it was much more of a nuisance when they noticed me. They all began to bunch around me whereas the gate guard stopped us from approaching.

"M-Ms. Futura," the gate guard stuttered. "Please go away. I-I don't want to...!"

I kept my insecurities buried away as I stated, "I must see my sister again."

"But the higher-ups told us we shouldn't allow you to pass!"

John stepped in between us and said, "Hey, these higher authorities... Who were they, anyway?"

The gate guard shot upright and saluted as he responded, "S-Sir! I-I didn't see you there!"

"Uh-huh..." He folded his arms and said, "I am a higher authority, might I remind you."

"B-but Sir! I'm not supposed to--"

"I can get your ass kicked out of the military just because of your actions!"

The gate guard shook his head. "N-no! I'm not supposed to allow anyone to pass without proper authority. Please, forgive me, Sir!"

John stared at him for a while, making the gate guard become more and more paranoid as John continued to stare.

John abruptly laughed and slapped his shoulder in a kin-like manner. "Good job!" he congratulated. "Yes, it's true you're not supposed to allow anyone to pass without proper authority, even if it's me. Keep up the good work!" He then turned away and continued around the perimeter. I bowed down from my waist to the gate guard and then quickly paced back to John's side.

The moment I came to his side, he stopped and folded his arms, bowing his head in thought. I watched him think for a while before finding myself in thought as well. How am I supposed to get inside, anyway?

"I see you two are deep in thought."

We both snapped out of our thoughtful trances and found ourselves accompanied by that Caseal. However, what is she doing on the other side of the photon barrier? John and I exchanged glances, both of us completely at a loss for words. The Caseal had her wide smile with her hands behind her.

"Say," she said as she pointed in a mocking manner. "I can give you two a hint. You two kill a few CASTs and take their frequencies."

"That is absurd," I commented.

The Caseal shrugged her shoulders. "Hey, you two don't want to know what'll happen when I get to Futura's sister first. After all..." Suddenly, her right arm exploded into a chaotic mesh, forming into something unidentifiable. "... what I can do is far worse than what a copy can do."

Then, a loud siren resounded throughout the colony again. We soon found CASTs rushing to our location almost as soon as the siren started. Upon seeing the Caseal, panic started to arise. Although weapons were drawn and ready, no one dared to even execute an attack. The Caseal winked at me as she turned to the crowd that formed. As she took a step forward, so did everyone else. She took two steps and everyone shuffled for three. Then, she took a normal walking pace. Abruptly, a photon bolt soared through the air. That was when everyone else started to inaccurately fire upon the Caseal. No one dared to come close. Even the Hunter-class CASTs were using handguns. As photon bolts made contact, parts of the Caseal chipped. Then, her left arm was shot off from the shoulder. Then, the right leg. Pieces of the face chipped to see some of the framework of a Caseal. After so many hits, she finally fell back.

I pressed my face against John's arm, finding myself scared for my wellbeing. I do not want to hurt anyone, but I am scared of what they will do to me.

Wait... No. That essence was still there. I looked over to the Caseal, seeing her lie back and still. There were a few Hunters who were close to her, inspecting the situation. The resonance is spiking!

"No!" I screamed as I dashed for them. "Get away from her!"

The Hunters all turned to me. I ran around the checkpoint, disregarding the gate guard trying to stop me, all in hope that I could save them. I managed to reach them just in time, but the resonance was still strong. I tugged on one of them--He fell over? Wait... Did she...? I looked over to the Caseal, seeing her smile still on her face. Her eyes... They were on me. She is still alive!

Suddenly, a massive wave of D-factor vines shot out of the ground, and pierced all of the CASTs who were in standby.

"Do not hesitate, dear Futura." I looked down to the floor, seeing the Caseal laugh. "I will find your sister, and I will kill her. After all, that is all a vessel is: a lonely, hollow shell!"

Just as I was about to arm a weapon, she began to be absorbed into the ground. Even so, that did not stop me. I armed a Beam and shot down at her. She was in the ground! I kept firing one after another, but it led to nothing. The essence disappeared along with visual confirmation. I stood in my place, seeing all the CASTs lying still on the floor. All the CASTs...? I quickly turned to find John--I sprinted to him. Why? Why would she do this!? He laid prone, seeming to struggle to even stand. I knelt down next to him and did what I could to flip him, but he was too heavy.

"John? John, are you okay?"

"... tura..."

"John!" I cried out. "You are going to be okay, right?" His hand touched mine. Upon realizing this, I took his large hand into both of mine and pulled it to my face. "John?"

"I'll..." He seathed his breath to grip my hand. "... be fine. Your sister...!" He gave a loud groan as oil and ether spilled out of his torso.

"John!"

He pulled me close and then shoved me away. "Go!" he yelled.

I scrambled up to my feet. I wanted to do as he said, but I wanted to stay with him as well. Hesitantly, my feet started to move me away from John. John... I will be back. Please, hold on!

I was running down familiar paths into the detention facility. I found no one around me, but what I did find was a path of death. CAST, Human, and Newman alike were all strewn into a mesh of unbelievable chaos. One thing I knew was that if I followed this path, I am going to find that Caseal again. I must either find Calai first or destroy that Caseal. However, do I have the ability to destroy such a creature? I never fought something like that before, where mutation is actually possible. I kept turning path after path, but the path of death trailed away abruptly. It did not matter. I just have to keep moving toward Calai. I know where she is: the very depths of the facility, where the greatest terror is supposed to be stowed away. Even so, the trek there is tiring. My joints were overloading their bearing just for me to keep running.

"You will never get to her in time."

I looked to my side as I ran but only found a wall.

"Forget about her. You, yourself, can be the ultimate creation by our benefactor."

I heard that voice above me but found nothing once again. I turned a corner, only to crash against something large. I looked up, seeing a RAcast hanging to a vine that kept it up like a hook through its head. ... John...! ... No. It is not him. Right. I have to keep going. I cannot let these things stop me. The faster I am, the better the results! I kept running toward Calai. All I have to do is keep running straight down long hallways, which would then lead to a spiral staircase. I have to keep going.

"Lord Dark Falz is waiting for you. He will take you in, as how he did for with me. Trust me. We can become even closer if you accept him."

Damn Dark Falz. All I want is everyone I care for to be happy. Calai, I am almost there. Please, hold on a little longer.

The bottom of the spiral staircase. All that is left is--The floor... What am I doing on the floor? I lifted myself to soon realize my left leg was missing. I looked to my side to find a chain-gun security unit readjusting its aim onto me.

"Hey! She's mine!"

Suddenly, a massive vine shot out of the unit and spread apart, making it inoperable and only had a spark to its destruction. I attempted to stand, only to find feet before me. I looked up to find the Caseal crouching down with a Railgun--a red-photon handgun--in her hand.

"Say, you're out of shape. Here, let me help you."

I swatted her outstretched hand and rolled away. In that instance, I armed my Twin Gatling. I laid down on my side and aimed at the Caseal... only to find her gone. I looked everywhere, only to find a Railgun aiming straight at my head again.

"You should behave," she said in a mocking manner. She then held her hand out to me. Then, I heard some rattling. I looked to where the noise was coming from to realize it was my leg being dragged across the floor by vines that passed along in a daisy-chain manner. I laid on my side the whole time and during the operation. It went along painlessly.

"Okay, that should do it."

I stood up on my feet. It seemed my leg was fully operational, as if it was not even broken off to begin with. Now...

Immediately, I broke into a sprint. I do not care if that Caseal helped me or not. I have to see Calai! Damn door! My right arm morphed into a massive photon blade that was six feet long, one foot in width, and four inches thick. I drove the blade into the door that stood in my way, but soon found the door not even being affected by my blade. How can this be? I could have done the same thing with any other door and they all break in an instant! I retracted my arm to myself to see how my arm was doing. It did not seem to be hurt or anything. Maybe if I focus more, I can do something to this door.

Suddenly, I saw a flash. I whipped my arm out to it just in time to deflect a red photon bullet. What, now she attacks? What is she planning? I lunged forward, but she vanished into a red aura. Next thing I knew, she was before the door like I was.

"This is how it's done," she said with her wide grin on me. Then, her essence suddenly became overwhelming. She screamed at the top of her lunge as right right arm exploded into a massive, bright photon blade. It was blinding to look at and I could feel how hot it was from where I stood! "Now, behold my power!"

She shrieked as she took one wide swiped at the door, which melted on where she made contact. She breathed heavily as she then turned to me. Her crooked smile was hideous. Now I know what I have to do. I have to get loud. I lunged forward and screamed at the top of my lungs as I tried to strike her but she took a simple swipe at my blade and already sent me flying through the air, colliding against the spiral staircase. Why? I thought what I was doing was fool-proof.

"You don't get it?" she laughed. Her voice was deformed. "Should I just take your sister's life already?"

"No..." I struggled to move upright onto my feet. "No, please!"

"What makes you think I won't? Besides, I could just move through the door." She started to back away. Her foot made contact but then ghosted through it. "Either you get your act together and take this door down or I will leave you here."

"No! Leave Calai out of this!" She would not dare. She would not dare! She would not dare!!!

"Alrighty then," she sighed as she turned away. The door began to ripple as she made contact with it.

"No!" I screamed as I pursued her. "NO!"

Hey, Calai. Do you still like me? I know, it is foolish to think that way, even after I am a reason why you are locked away this whole time. I knew I could finally get to see you again if I was only patient, but it seemed that patience is what got me into this mess. I will not hesitate from now on. That is my lesson. Now... please, now that I have learned my lesson, grant me unlimited power. Please, I do not want to lose you!

I slashed at the door that stood before me, but it resulted the same as it did earlier. No... I have to keep trying! I slashed once more, and another, and another, and another! Each swing only added more to my desperation upon seeing not a single scratch. My voice became loud and labored. I need to break through! Calai is in danger! Come on!!! I NEED TO BREAK THROUGH!!! I screamed louder than ever before as I kept swinging. I do not want to be alone! I need you, Calai! I only lived this life because I knew you were here.

Damn it... Damn it. Damn it! Why will this door not break!? DAMN DOOR!!! I shrieked as I gave my all to this one attack. DESTROY!!! DESTROY!!! I could not help but laugh. This door... I WILL NOT LET THIS DOOR GET THE BEST OF ME!!!

--RECORDING INTERRUPTED--

--ATTEMPTING TO RESTORE---

--RESTORE COMPLETED--

--broke into a dash through the door. I cannot believe it! I actually did it! Now, all I need to do is reach the end of this hallway just to reach Calai. Even so, I knew the Caseal will be waiting for me. I will not allow her to touch Calai. If she even dared to touch her, I swear, I will... I will...

"Well," the Caseal said. "Took you long enough."

She held Calai's head from her hair. She was still in hibernation mode. I... I...!

"What're you going to do?" she inquired as she held up Calai's head to me. "In just a blink, I can destroy her."

I was panting in chaotic desperation. "What do you want!?"

She looked around herself and finally settled down onto Calai. Then, she said in a careless manner, "Your despair."

She tossed up Calai. Upon seeing this, I immediately broke into a wild sprint. I never felt anything like this before. I knew I should move faster than I am, but I am already at my limit! Someone! Anyone! John! HELP ME!!!

A red aura suddenly enveloped me. Next thing I knew, I was up in the air before the Caseal. She had her massive photon blade ready to thrust at me. Wait! Where did Calai go!? No matter! I WILL KILL HER HERE AND NOW!

I rushed forward by the rear thrusters that sprouted out of my back in an instant and my arm blazed of rage! I swiped at her as I came to pass her, slicing her head cleanly in two, making the attack at least lethal if not something more if it even exists. Sparks shot out of her sockets as I collided down onto the floor. Finished... It has to be finished.

I was breathing heavily as I surveyed the scene. The Caseal laid lifeless onto the floor. Her deformity rapidly deteriorated into normality. ... Wait. A white body with skin-like tones and a magenta skirt? Calai? This is Calai's body! What...? What is going on? Was this Calai the whole time? Wait. Calai. Where is Calai? I scanned all around the room and soon found Calai's head at approximately the place where I was enveloped into that red aura. I immediately ran to her and cradled her head.

"Calai...!"

I moved her hair bangs aside and kissed her forehead. Such overwhelming anxiety came over me in that instant. I did not know what to do!

Wait. Footsteps? I looked over my shoulder to find Calai's body staggering toward me. How? What is happening!? I do not want to fight anymore. I do not want to hurt anything that belongs to Calai! I turned my back to it and tightly cradled her in my arms. Calai, what should I do?

"... S-Sis...?"

I looked down to Calai's face, seeing her weakly look up to me. I immediately became overjoyed upon the sight. "Calai!" I cried.

"My body... Is it looking for me?"

I looked over my shoulder, seeing it pat every surface all around it. It was almost comedic, but I felt sorry for it. "Yes," I responded. "What should I do?"

Calai chuckled. "Of course it would. Please, give me to it. I'll explain everything afterwards."

I hesitantly looked over to the body one more time before I finally moved toward it. As I came closer, it seemed to be aware of my presence. It stood upright and then turned to my general location. I came forward, but soon noticed it extracting the remains of the head I cleaved. Immediately when it was extracted, it tossed it away and then held its arms out to me. I glanced at Calai once more...

Wait. It is like I am forgetting something else. I took a glance at the top piece of the cleaved head... John! I immediately handed Calai over to the body and turned to leave the whole compound.

... What happened? It was like I stepped into a different world. Half the building was destroyed, as if an explosion took place. In the midst of everything, I tried to make sense of what happened, but nothing computed remotely to logical. I was standing in awe. Buildings were rubble and debris, as if something took a bite out of the whole scene. However, the debris all fanned out from a central point. An explosion. Photon barriers were malfunctioning or flickering. What could have done all this?

I soon found myself crossing where the checkpoint barely stood. I looked all around me, trying to find John. For sure, I should have seen him somewhere. He could not have gone far, considering how injured he was.

Then... Then I noticed something. In the checkpoint's guard house... I came to the scene... I regret that I did. My breaths were heavy, choking even. John... I was... I knew I should have stayed with you. Your frame is unmistakable, even if most of your plates were fragmented or melted apart. I know what you did. You protected me. You pressed the lockdown button to activate the facility's defenses, locking yourself outside. John... John...!

--END RECORDING--
    SCENE: UNDERGROUND RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT NEAR MINES
    Last edited by ARChan; May 19, 2014 at 10:17 PM.

Self record start.
    Text-only limitation.
    Automatic input.
    Testing. Testing. Test complete.

It's been a while but here is another for the record. Let's see here... Uh... Ah-hem!!! Uh... Oh. Futura. Uh... A person just asked me if I needed a vacuum earlier due to me clearing my throat quite often. I promptly declined.

I'm here to oversee Futura's sister being transported to the detention facility at the military headquarters. I know she wants to come see her sister being put away. That is why I am making this record.

From what I recall, she's detained in a detention facility, stripped of her body and held captive on a retractable pedestal that extends out from a stasis cell. Her cell is in the deepest sector of the facility and as deep as twenty meters underground. She is only given the bare minimum for survival: ether and an electrical feed point. She is kept in a constant state of comatose. Althought everything felt in place, something did feel odd about her capture.

There were several points that I must address:

The first is how she resisted us. She didn't fight us. In fact, her frequency was erratic. She was either panicked or she was desperate. I really want to believe the former, especially since all she really lives for is Futura. At least, that was what she said to me one time. Why would she even kill another CAST? It just doesn't make any sense.

The second is her body. It is an abnormal variant. We tried taking a look into her body, but upon even making an attempt at her case, it suddenly whipped out and was the destruction of numerous doctors that day. It's like she's a creature from old lore: Dullahan, something of a headless armor. I think that's what it's called. Also, no matter what we did to contain it, it kept breaking out of its containment sector. However, one thing for sure is that it's seeking its owner. So, we kept it outside of the colony for that very reason.

The third, why did Futura resort to shooting her? That was not according to the plan, but I did find it odd. No matter how many times I tried to ask Futura, she only stared at me and did not respond. In that matter, I gave up asking her.

Fourthly, I can't seem to remember her name... I know I knew Futura's sister's name. What happened? I tried asking everyone her name but they responded the same. Her records also seem to be fragmented. I mean, I know it exists. When I do a search, it doesn't say that her record number is missing or invalid. I don't understand. How does this even happen? We've known her for quite some time, and she isn't an underground figure either. She was also the one who trained personnel and civilians alike in self defense, ranging from advanced to basic classes. In fact, she was the one who taught me that my size and weight was not something to fear. Well... she made me look like a punching bag one time when we sparred earlier. She actually took me down so easily. I do not recall how she did it, but she did it. She showed me how to fight smaller and experienced fighters. I was sure I knew her name then. I don't usually forget a person like that.

Since the start of this entry, I saw Futura waiting for me at the gate as how she said she would prior. It amazes me how patient she is. I finally met with her and asked her how she was. She stared at me and shook her head, evidently showing her concern for her sister. I patted her head and reassured her that she's safe in her location. Even so, it seemed Futura is unwilling to leave her spot. So, I stayed beside her the whole time.

However, let me tell you this: patience is not my strongsuit. I have to move! Damn this admiration. I don't know why I like this Caseal either! I mean, her frequency is very ugly. I mean, everyone else says it is. To me, it's very mysterious. I have never felt a frequency even remotely similar to hers: a certain uniqueness that just makes me uneasy. I mean, she isn't strong and a really quiet figure. Even so, she does have her uses. She has a personality that fits as an underground figure, but she stood out among others, especially by how she often takes upon unpopular tasks.

Finally, after a long one minute's wait, she finally turned to me and said that she didn't want to go back to her home alone. Being the gentleman I am (or at least try to be), I followed her home. We didn't talk at all, though she did stare at me most of the time. It was hard to not look, but when I did look, I found myself regretting that I did look, only to find myself wanting to look again. I don't know what is wrong with me! I can't seem to focus!

"It seems it is only you and me. Everyone is gone now."

That was what she said when we were close to her residence in the 13th district with her eyes skyward. Then, she asked me if I was recording still. Oh... wait. I am! ... Uh... She said it is fine. What am I going to do here? But she did say that it is fine. So, I suppose it's fine. Yeah. It must be. I think.

Suddenly, she stopped. I looked over my shoulder to find us before her house. I traced the pathway from the two-person residence to Futura. Her head was bowed but her hands were gripping. She asked me if her decision was correct, that it was right that she was the one to hurt her sister. I remained quiet. I honestly did not know whether it was indeed the correct choice. I folded my arms and thought about it, but soon found myself looking up to Futura touching my arm.

She asked me with a false smile, "It has been two days, has it not?"

It has, but I still did not respond. She then rested her head against my folded arms. Her frequency is still the same. How come I cannot read her the same as the other CASTs? I have to watch her closely, like how I ordinarily would with Organics. Why is she like this? Curiosity came over me, but I soon found her backing away. She gripped her hand over her chest. It was like she was crying. However, she was without tears. I stepped forward toward her but she turned away and went toward her residence. I stopped in my tracks and looked into the palm of my hand. I then took a glance to my side, finding Futura at the door to her residence. She stood before it, her hands gripping to her sides.

"It seems it is only you and me. Everyone is gone now."

I remembered what she said. Then, something came over me. I found myself coming down the pathway toward Futura. She turned to me, just in time for me to kneel down to one knee. I pulled her into my arms. As much as she struggled to stop me with words, I knew what she felt. She did not resist. In fact, she gripped me, pulling me closer. I don't care who was watching. I knew it, too. I am in love with Futura. I care too much to see her this way. I moved her into her home.

Then, I soon found myself over Futura, on the floor of the first few steps into the residence. She had her arms around my neck. She smiled again, and again, it was not that of happiness. I could feel my core resonating inside me. I knew what else I wanted, but I knew this was not the time. Futura, the ugly one... Why is she the swan in the pack of ducks? I knew it the whole time, but I could not stop myself. I pulled an ethernet cable from my ear and held it out to Futura. Hesitantly, Futura did the same. Her hand cuffed over mine as I did with hers. Then, we both guided each other's connectors into each other's ports.

End record.
    Save file directory: Precious Memories.

Self record start.
    Text-only limitation.
    Automatic input.

I sat upright against a wall. Futura laid her head on my lap. How... How did this happen? Almost daily, we have been interfacing, but it does not feel real to me. I believed that interfacing was indeed sacred, but instead, I was sent into labyrinths, mazes, and obscene views--obscene views ranging from slaughter and rape to hopeful and lofty ideals. I did not want to watch any of these, but it was hard not to see any of it. However, even so, I kept coming back. I kept wanting to interface with Futura. "What would she show me this time?" I asked myself whenever the urge kept arising, but I know I should stop. I know that if I keep doing this, I will become more like Futura. I have to keep her individuality in check. I kept thinking this, but I keep falling back into the same situation. I have to stop. It has already been a week since the capture.

I lowered my sights to Futura, seeing her eyes staring away from me. I ran my fingers through her hair, having a smile emerge on her face. She looked up to me and reached out, feeling along my body until she could not reach out any more above my chest from where she laid. I felt her tiny hand and fitted it into mine. Then, she nuzzled her face back into my lap, this time with our hands grasping down to her waist.

This reminds me of every interface we made. In the end, I always found Futura lying down as if waiting. Then, every time we meet, she would always ask me the same thing:

"Are you sure I am worth saving?"

She asked me this even now, when we're relaxing from an interface session. Now that I thought about it, this would be the first time she asked me this in reality. I asked her why she kept asking me this, and she said in reply that her sister would do anything for her. I knew it. Even now, she's thinking about her sister. I can't change that. I watched her smile neutralize into something somber.

... This sucks. End record.

Self record start.
    Text-only limitation.
    Automatic input.

Today is Futura's first day on the job. She underwent basic training, but she passed with flying colors, which is odd regarding her frame model. She may be made a civilian but she was able to take down an instructor approximately 1.72 times her weight, though all she was supposed to do was land one hit. The instructor was a bit harsh, but he got what he deserved. In fact, she was able to guard all his incoming attacks. I actually found myself scared of her for a little while. Ha ha ha!

Futura was rather shy at first, staying close to me as we patroled the civilian sectors. Lucky for us, there's no trouble in town, though the citizens were like children and interested with the new face in the military police. I was busy introducing her to everyone as my shadow on the job. Futura was hilarious when I pushed her before me and faded behind the crowd. I cannot say that I quite blend in due to my height, but the longer I watched her, it seemed she slowly warmed up to everyone and started to enjoy their company. Everyone seemed to adore her, which I found interesting. Why is it that the citizens like her suddenly? I thought the CASTs thought of her as ugly and Organics thought of her as rude. I stayed watching her until she finally noticed me towering above everyone.

When she did find me, she finally said her farewells and we finally broke away from the scene. I asked her if she liked what she saw, but that awkward grin on her face became somber again.

"They only like me because I am new."

She raised her head to me and said that she was surprised that I was not hating her after knowing her for so long. How can I hate her? She kept a fine personality when out in public, but when she was talking with me, the brightness suddenly becomes dull. Why? I nudge her with my elbow just to joke and lighten the mood but she glared at me in exchange. I tried to cheer her up... which then led to me expressing my concern to her. I told her that I truly liked her and that I wanted to get to know if I could help her, but that made her mood dive down even lower. I honestly do not know what to do for her.

Some time passed by and our patrol shift finally ended. It did not really feel long, since the day was eventful. However, after we reported in and started to come back, I was reminded that the day has not ended just yet. She slipped her hand into mine, our fingers intertwining. I looked over to her, seeing her grin become something even more sincere. She looked up to me with one of those rare smiles I would ever see from her. I don't quite understand, but as long as she's happy, that's all that matters, I suppose.

... And indeed, the day didn't end there. When we arrived back home, she turned to me and stated that I was not being honest with her. I asked her why and this is what she said:

"You do not have to lie. You are getting tired of me, are you not?"

What in Pioneer 2 did she mean by that? I contested her claim but she remained stubborn. Why is she like this? I yanked my hand away from hers and I had to remain faithful to my own beliefs. She is wrong. I do love her. I want to live life with her. Every day has been hopeful because she was around. How else am I supposed to explain my feelings to her? She did not understand my beliefs and feelings toward her. Is our relationship truly platonic? I refuse to believe that! Already, we have been doing so much together, and I have seen her rise up from being a depressed mess to a completely independent Caseal, or is it that she has been like this from the beginning?

Next thing I knew, I was pressed back against a wall. I looked down to Futura. Why is she smiling? She called me a dolt as she wrapped her arms around my waist. Wait. I'm not quite following what's going on. I stood in awe of her holding me, but gradually, I came to accept her. My arms finally left my sides as I soon realized citizens watching us. As much as I didn't want to, my hands came to her shoulders and I pressed her away. I warned her about the others watching us but she glared at me in exchange. Fraternizing among ranks is prohibited while on duty. I should've made sure she knew about this prior to watch.

I attempted to explain this to her but she took offense. She said that I didn't want to be with her, and that I'm embarrassed to be near her. I...! I don't want to hear any more of that! Why is she trying to play victim on this whole matter? Doesn't she know that this job is not just pleasing the citizens? It's far more than that! It's to maintain order and to remain professional. Foolish. Completely foolish! I exclaimed my issue upon this matter silencing Futura. Once I exclaimed to her face my woes, I turned away and continued patrol without her.

... Or that was what I intended to do. After I turned a corner, I heard gunfire. It came from where Futura was at! I rushed back to soon find Futura holding an exposed Beam before her as photon bullets soared through the pathway that she was near to. Who was waiting for her? I came back to her side and armed Final Impact. I exchanged glances with her. Upon a nod, I stepped out of the corner with my shield at its peak with the shotgun in my arms and made one shot at the opening. There stood at least two RAcaseals who took two of the spread shot of five. They attempted an escape but Futura managed to sneak a barrage of shots that downed one of the two. I charged forward as this Caseal attempted to proceed and tackled her back against a wall. With my massive build and weight, it was easy to take her down. Futura came around me and managed to arrest this intruder in all due haste. I glanced around me to find a shadow clear on the rooftops just before I could identify it. It was like they were here to watch Futura. Why?

"Futura," the the captive said with a sinister laugh. "You'll soon discover your potential. Only then will you realize how useful you can be to us."

Before we can inquire anything, the captive was shot to the head by a Hell elemental bullet. The bullet, on contact, pierced through her shield and then through the shell, exploding into a fragmenting mess that completely obliterated the Caseal's head. I tried to identify the sniper, but again, the shadow from another place disappeared. This was not an ordinary attack. This was planned, and I was the one preventing them from executing their plan. Had I not left her, Futura would not have this happen to her. I turned to Futura, seeing her already radioing the situation to Headquarters. She truly is an unremarkable policewoman, considering her frame. Maybe we should consider a body upgrade for her.

Then, when I was done admiring her, I noticed her staring off to somewhere. I traced her stare to find her looking up to a tall building. I don't see anything else...

"We are surrounded."

Before I could take a glance, Futura took my hand and immediately broke into a dash down hallways and alleyways. Then, we were headed off by two men armed with Rifle-class weapons. Futura suddenly shoved me aside and broke forward into a sprint. I crashed against the wall, and next thing I knew, Futura was already at the end of the hallway, already knocked the two unconscious. Then, she dashed off somewhere.

I pursued after her but she was nowhere to be found. However, I can hear chaos. I followed the sound, only to find a trail of incapacitated CASTs everywhere. Even if everyone was harmed, not a single body was broken or shattered. In fact, all the weapons were destroyed. As good as this is, I was more worried about what was happening. How is it that Futura is able to do all this? Then, at the end, I was in awe of what I was spectating. Futura had her right arm missing. Sparks were shooting everywhere as she was fending off a HUcast with Twin Rippers. He twirled through the air and then did a spinning aerial hook kick toward Futura. She blocked the attack with her left arm but was knocked aside.

The HUcast taunted her, called her inferior. I aimed with the Final Impact but a photon bolt shot across the scene and hit my weapon directly. I traced the shot to find Futura with a smoking Autogun. The desperation on her face halted me, though it was easy to readjust and shoot at the enemy.

Suddenly, our locked eyes were disrupted when Futura's left arm was slashed off. I watched in awe as she did not have time to react to a stab wound to her core. I couldn't stand by anymore! I immediately fired upon the HUcast, hitting him once, but that did not stop him. I fired again, and again, and again! AND AGAIN! I don't care! Even if this HUcast was already down on the ground, I kept firing. Then, one last shot... This one would kill him for sure. I pressed the huge shotgun barrel to his head. He fell into recovery mode in the midst of all the damage he took in. My hand shook. My body felt uneasy. Should I do it? What about Futura? Will this suffice?

I came to Futura and inspected her wound... Thank goodness. The damage barely missed her core, but even then, she lost a lot of power. I lifted her up and made for retreat. I can't risk her taking in any more damage. I was making a blinding dash for my residence. As simple as it is, my residence is highly secure. No one person under normal circumstances can penetrate the barriers I installed.

Then, I heard my name called out. I looked over to my side to find a familiar HUcast. This one's name is Liam, is it? He led me down an alleyway and had me hide inside a residence. He checked outside one last time before he finally settled down and folded his arms with his back to the wall.

If I recall, Liam was the one who tipped me in discovering that Calai was a beast. His partner, Terresa, met a terrible fate that made her incompatible with all the body types we have attempted to give her. Then, Reiz was annihilated by Calai as well. I thought the two of them were fine with each other. If anything, I thought Calai would have figured out a way to stop Reiz. After all, Reiz did annihilate Ohgun. However, something tells me that he is fine. I know he is.

Then, Liam showed me to a recovery tube that was inside the residence. I assume this blank room is his. So, I thanked him for helping me save Futura, but something struck me odd about him. He looked up to me with a grin and told me something fairly odd:

"It's only natural that I'd help someone similar to me."

He said this as he was looking over Futura, a hand on the photon glass and felt along it as if he was touching her.

"A week from now, a calamity will happen in the city. Most of our numbers will be destroyed. If you don't want to be one of that statistic, I highly suggest you leave this base, if you want to live. I selected a number of those who should be survivors and should leave the base. I need you to open the large gate for them."

I protested against this. I should not be ordered around like this, especially by someone like him. How does he know about these things? ... Not unless he is one of the terrorists. Before I can inquire him about the details, he snapped his fingers. I heard something emerging from the shadows of what I now noticed as a dim room. Underneath the only light source of the room, appeared... a-appeared...!

Liam chuckled as he said, "She looks just like the sister, correct?"

What...? How? Replicating another individual's frequency is impossible without a direct connection with the other. I'm sure that no one has been able to make direct contact with Futura's sister. I watched in awe as Liam rubbed her face.

"Do you like it? All it took was changing the frequency to undo the body registry. Who knew it was just something this simple to undo it! She's able to walk now. Isn't it great?"

Yes, that's true. A CAST has something known as the body registry, which enables and prevents the CAST to be bound to a number of bodies. This especially explains why the body models of the Hunters and Military are all similar according to their gender and class.

Now I understand why a CAST shouldn't change his or her frequency. It was to prevent a CAST from crossing bodies with another CAST, thus hijacking another CAST's body. Then, this also meant that Teressa might have a frequency issue--Wait...

"Yes, she is Teressa."

I watched Teressa as she stood in place. It was like she lacked a presence in her. Wait. Does this mean our SOUL unit is bound to our frequency too? I raised the Final Impact to him in attempt to arrest him. I hoped for something civilized, but instead, Teressa swiped at me.

"S-S... Sis..."

Sis? Wait. That's what Futura's sister calls her. I stood in awe. I know I shouldn't become interested in any of this but I know something is definitely wrong. I should issue a report on this as soon as possible!

"I know what you're thinking, John," Liam said as he held a hand out to stop Teressa. "You have no idea how deep my connections are in the military. This's especialy why you're one of the top dogs. I had interest in you ever since the beginning. That's why you must survive. You can change a world of no hope and have it flourish with plenty of energy. That's why we must downsize. We need less things to put forth what's more necessary."

He came back to Futura's side and felt the photon glass again. "Her sister is one of them who should survive in the end, and I have no doubt that she and her sister can swap bodies. Why else would they be sisters?"

I inquired what he meant by that, and he said this:

"She is order. Without power, authority can't be enforced. I have to thank you for locking her away, by the way. That was so she won't be harmed in any manner."

He can't be serious. It's like he is the mastermind of it all! No, he shouldn't be arrested. He should be annihilated! I was about to open fire upon him but something stabbed through my chest. My... My power source...! I traced the metallic extension to find it coming from Liam's outstretched hand.

"It's as I said. It's only natural that I'd help someone similar to me, correct?"

Then... Then that means he, too, is like Futura's sister...! He withdrew the metallic extension from me, having me fall onto my knees, already weakened beyond compare. How? My armor and shields are meant to withstand metal. I don't understand any of this! Then, I saw legs before me. I looked up to see him toss something straight up.

A defibrilating shock overcame me. A Moon Atomizer? I looked up to him again to find his arms folded. He then held a hand out to me.

"I need you, John. You can help me create a better world, where CASTs and Organics--no. Where CAST, Human, and Newmankind can live in harmony! It won't be like Pioneer 2 nor anything else like that. Everyone will truly cooperate. No one will be left behind. Please, John. I don't think of you as inferior. You are powerful in a different, more charismatic way. You have a strength that a majority lack. Please consider, John."

I was on my hands and knees. I looked up to Futura, who laid still and peacefully inside the tube. I asked what will become of her, and he said:

"If she's important to you, you can always take her after her body is swapped. I'll show you how to change her frequency, just so she can change to a new body type of your own choice. She can be yours! Just think about it. I know how much you like her, and I know she likes you too. What's there to lose?"

I suppose he does have a point. I took one final glance at Futura...

End record.

Hey, everyone! I'm still alive :3

Just letting everyone know that I'm adding this fanfic to fanfiction.net, if you guys want to view it there. I'll post the link to it in the header in a bit.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

Sky below me. Orange above me. Dirt everywhere else. My crippled sister is in my arms.

My name is Fortuna, a Caseal butler under Professor Felix. I have been with Daddy, my master, for four years. For the duration of being with him, it has been the same things over and over again: he goes to work and comes back days after with an illness that seems more of an excuse to stay home. I am to stay home and safeguard the house for his return. For most of the duration while he is gone, I am outside of the house shopping. A few days prior to Daddy returning to the day he leaves, I tend to automated systems which tend to simple maid work and especially clean the intruders who dare to barge into our home. I am built for serving and commanding. Physical aptitude is that slightly below a fit Human. However, that is very subpar in comparison to most other CASTs, since we are mostly composed of superhuman strength. Then again, I am the brains of a network. I do not really need as much physical prowess as many others.

How I came to this predicament was simply unfortunate, which is odd due to my name representing luck itself. It all seemed to have started when I was returning home…

“I’m sorry, Fortuna.”

That was what a RAmarl in red of the military told me as she held a handgun to my forehead. Why was she sorry? Her face churned and she gritted her teeth, evidently indecisive. I, a Caseal who held groceries in one hand and a lost female Newman youth in the next, am confused. Had I done something wrong? I glanced at the girl to find her gawking at the handgun. She must not understand the predicament before her.

The lady’s aim wavered. That was when she dropped her arm to her side to hide what weakness was already displayed. Two men then accompanied her, evidently of the same faction. I must say, I was not surprised that I was outnumbered. Military patrol groups are never alone. The child with me immediately ran off to her father, who picked her up and scurried away from the scene. I suppose it was best to let her go.

Before another action happened, I bowed down from my waist with my hands cradling the grocery bag. I know I could have stored it in my inventory rather than carrying this, but that odd fascination in pre-modern life often behooved me. Sometimes, understanding the lost life, lost art and experiences can be obtained, or at least Daddy claimed there to be as such. I started doing these things for his interest in sociology, but now, it became a habit. To be blatantly honest, life and nourishment of Daddy was my mission. I understand I baby him sometimes, but I cannot leave him to starve or be upset over simple things that I can alleviate. He is my creator and my sole purpose of being alive.

I continued on home, knowing of the company following me. The lady and her cronies were stalking me. Daddy should be home right now. Calai should also be there as well, assuming she has not taken in another Client Order at this time again. The walk from the shopping district was long enough to think a few things through. One as such was the next kind of tea blend I should use. Maybe some Earl Grey tea would be nice.

I gained entry to my house but was immediately stopped by a barrier that glowed orange. ... Calai. She must have armed the security system without my authorization again. I stayed in my place until Daddy opened the front door and allowed me to come in. To my amazement, he also admitted entry to the intruders behind me. I bowed down from my waist to Daddy and offered to make tea for him. He briefly nodded and showed the lady to the living room as I parted from the scene.

“Sis,” a cheery voice said as arms came over my shoulders and entrapped me in their clutches.

I was merely preparing a pot of tea for Daddy and his company as a familiar Caseal decided to be cheeky with me. I asked her what she wanted and she just pressed her lips against my neck.

“Nothing,” she said, her tickling breath wafting against me. “Just want you to know that I don’t like the vibe from our guests.”

I paused for a moment to think about what she said but continued to brew the tea. I told her about what the lady said to me when we first met. Calai groaned upon hearing the details.

“You just invited our executioner.”

I was about to lift the tray when I stopped. Calai blankly stared at it over my shoulder, her arms slowly lowering to my waist. Her body pressed against mine, having me prepare for what is to come.

“Listen to me and everything will be fine.”

I nodded but was not certain of what to do. She pecked her lips against my cheek and finally retreated. Her arms were behind her as she began typing into her arm module. I suppose she would tell me something if she needed me. So, I took the tray into my hands and carried it out.

The light in the hall was dimmer than the kitchen. This was the way Daddy indicates for us to be alert. I followed faint voices that soon led me to my destination. Immediately, I discovered the lady sitting across from Daddy on the long chairs with a coffee table in between. Behind the lady were the two men, who were just as alert as how they came in. I wonder what they were talking about, since the voices came to a halt the moment I came in. I placed the coaster before the lady first and then Daddy, followed by the cups, and then the tea. The smell gently wafted up and fanned around the room. I then offered some tea to the men as well but one refused.

“Professor Felix, I will resort to force. Please, do not try my patience.”

Daddy shook his head. “I didn’t realize how foolish we can be sometimes. I suppose I was wrong to have left the whole campaign to the Principal.” He combed his brow with his fingers. “Fortuna.” I answered his call. “Be sure to automate the security systems. You will be absent for some time.”

I bowed down from my waist. However, I was soon interrupted when the lady shot up to her feet.

“Enough of this!” She turned to me and seized my arm. The tea set dropped down onto the ground as she began to decree, “I-I… I hereby confiscate Professor Felix of his CAST units by the order of OPSS. Anything you say will--“ Suddenly, the woman fell silent after a sudden jolt. Her ear was bleeding where an earring once was.

Footsteps came from the hallway, where Calai stood with a handgun aiming toward my direction. She sighed, “Let go of my sister. Know that I did show you mercy.”

Just then, one of the men snapped out a handgun as well. He then opened fire on Calai. He missed twice but Daddy deflected the third by whipping out his left hand to the photon bolt.

“Stand down, Calai!”

The lady whipped out her arm from her side, having the armed crony stop lower his gun. Calai remained out of sight but I knew she was just around the corner.

“You may have my daughters,” Daddy said. “Just… Just allow me to say goodbye to them.”

The lady looked over Daddy with dreary eyes, paused for a while, but ultimately, she sighed and felt her ear. “Take as long as you want. I will wait for them outside.” She waved a hand for the men to leave the premises. Once they have left, she came to Daddy and held one of his hands. “I’m sorry. I didn’t think my job would make me do something like this.”

Daddy shook his head. “You’re a fine soldier. I know you’re only doing as you’re told.”

The lady gave a bleak smile. “Thank you for understanding.”

Daddy held out some bandages he kept in his inventory to her. “I have known you since you were a cadet. You may have changed over the years but your sense of justice hasn’t changed.”

The lady panned from me to Daddy. “It would’ve been great if this was all under different circumstances.”

He shook his head. “Go along now. I might consider having you conspire against the military if you stay any longer.”

The lady gripped his hand tightly before she abruptly paced out of the residence. That was when Daddy snapped his fingers, ordering both Calai and me to gather before him. He held his hands behind him as he pursed his lips in thought.

“It has been fun living with both of you,” he said, started out as a choked whisper. “My greatest creations… My daughters… You two are free now.” Free? Does that mean he disowned us?

“No! We’re not free just now. We’ve always been free with you!”

That was what Calai said as her face churned and her hands gripped tightly. I did not understand what was happening. Well, sure. I did understand but I do not know what to make of it. Daddy rubbed the back of his head as he moved his sights to his untouched teacup. I know this decision was not easy. In fact, I have never seen him at a loss for words since Mommy disappeared. I stepped forward once but looked away, uncertain of what to say to him.

“Fortuna,” he said, but more as a mutter. “You aren’t just a CAST. You have everything it takes to be something more.” I looked up to him but found him looking over to Calai. “Don’t make that face. This isn’t goodbye.”

“Not just a CAST, huh?” Calai chuckled as she raised her head to look up and then over to me. “Sis, you’re going to be fine. I’ll never betray you.”

I felt along a lock of my hair and turned to Daddy. “Be sure to take your medicine.”

Daddy laughed and reached into his pocket. His smile immediately faded as he continued patting his pockets. Of course he would not have it. I tapped at my inventory and handed a tube full of capsules. It was set next to a flowerpot in the hall while I was heading to the kitchen earlier. I suppose that will be my last prank on him before I left. Daddy smiled upon receiving it and patted my head. As simple as it was, being touched in such a manner was considered a high remark to me.

“Fortuna, sometimes, it takes a civilian to do what’s right.”

I know I should not worry about it so much, but there are times when I blame my fate in becoming one of the weakest CASTs there are. All I did in response to Daddy’s wisdom was nod. Calai took my hand into hers, indicating that it is almost time to leave. Daddy stood in the center of the large living room, watching us part from his presence.

… I thought I saw him shed a tear.

Nine hours later, it was like we were cattle. CASTs of many different sorts were herded into cargo ships. I lost track of Calai in the midst of the ruckus. I was pushed and shoved aimlessly, soon to be pushed down onto a chair that bound my wrists and ankles with photon braces. Then, I was stood up and shoved into another Caseal who shoved me away. I tumbled and panted wildly. Everything was happening so fast. My arms were bound behind me and I cannot part my legs from my ankles. I curled against my legs as I lay on my side, mostly to brace myself from the pain of others falling on top of me. I do not understand what was happening. The lights were dim red with a bright corona light flashing from the ceiling. Breathing was scarce and uncomfortable due to the overloading units of other CASTs in the vicinity. Some self destructed due to panic and some others faced a terrible fate of having another CAST accidentally tumbling into an exposed vital part. It was chaos already. CASTs were the only ones placed in the cargo hold. What is this OPSS?

Calai…

Some time passed by, though it actually felt like days. Something was odd. It was everyone lost gravity. No… Rather, we were all tumbling. Then, a loud crash happened. Gravity came doubled, having CASTs crush each other. I… I was lucky this time. … No. My torso was pierced by a sharp plate. I tried to wiggle myself out but gravity pulled me down lower into the plate. Breathless gags escaped my lips… Someone, please. Help...!

“Ah, there you are.”

I looked up to find Calai standing over me. My right arm reached out to her, frantic and unwilling to bear with this pain! Calai took my hand and relentlessly lifted me up. I wanted to scream. It was so unbearable!

“You’re fine now. Here.”

Before I could even react, she shoved the content of a Monomate into my mouth. Although it tasted disgusting, the pain was almost instantaneously relieved. However, I was still faint from agony, cradled in Calai’s arms.

“I’m sorry. I’ll take better care of you from here on.”

Just those words made me feel at ease. However, that ease was short lived when I soon noticed a Cast calling out for aid. I turned to help but another’s hand seized my ankle. I tripped forward, only to suddenly be pulled in numerous directions by CASTs trying to free themselves. I struggled to break free but their arms were strong. I yanked and pulled, tossed and turned, and next thing I knew, I was sinking. What was happening? Why? I...

“Let go of her!”

Just then, a streak of green slashed and sliced everyone. Next thing I knew, I was crawling up to a light. She… She harmed others just for me.

“I’m sorry that you had to see that,” she said to me with a woeful grin. “Please understand that you’re more important than anything here.”

But... But what if those other CASTs were--

“Nothing else matters except your safety.” She held a hand out to me. “You believe me, right?”

The CASTs behind us continued to groan and moan for aid. How can we--?

“Sis?”

I turned back to Calai. Her hand was still out to me, though her desperation was more apparent. I took it and she pulled me up. Next thing I knew, water pelts my head. Wait… Water? Are we on Ragol?

Ragol: a candidate planet for habitation, though the previous events dating back to recent years were otherwise. Once natural and calm creatures suddenly became savage, mutated species reined the underground caves, machines were corrupt and attacked relentlessly, and new type of creatures with D-type factor hailed from the depths beyond the mines. However, as of a year’s span, surveys displayed natural creatures on Ragol started to cease. In fact, 60% of the natural creatures at the start of the fiscal year seemed to have disappeared in the current month’s survey. It is alarming when considering how little the population has been as of late.

In the distance when thunder strikes, the remnants of Pioneer 1’s Central Dome oversaw the vast green forest. However, considering how wet it was outside, it seems to be fairly hot. Then, a cargo hold dropped from the sky in a heated mass, striking the ground without anything to slow the crash. Could it be that one also be full of CASTs? I did not know what else to think, especially after what just happened to me. Will there be survivors? It crashed in the horizon and out of sight. I began hoping there will be someone alive there.

“Sis. Here’s your arm.”

… Huh? I looked over my left, only to find my left arm in Calai’s arms. I did not realize it was missing. It seemed it was a clean detachment with very few unessential wires frayed. Calai attached it to my shoulder socket and wires began to automatically reconnect. I wonder if I should go investigate the cargo hold. I shared my thought with Calai but a frown made its way onto her face.

“Which one?”

Which one? Is that a joke? I was about to point when another cargo hold dropped. Then, five others. Then, the whole sky started to rain down fiery masses. I could not help but watch in awe. What is going on? If these are all CASTs, what are they planning? They are definitely not taking care of us! This is not what that RAmarl promised. I thought we were only going to be sent to a containment facility.

“Seems we’re in quite a pickle,” Calai sighed. “I should’ve guessed it was going to be genocide.” She chuckled as she sat beside me as if we were simply watching a meteor shower. “I know. This is what OPSS is. Surely, this’s not what Daddy thought it will be.” Her hand cuffed over mine as we both watched the sky burn.

"Hey, Sis."

I shifted myself closer to Calai to listen to what she has to say.

"Let's go run around a bit."

Run around? Now? She pushed herself up on the surface of the large, long container. I was reluctant to move around, especially since it will lessen the healing rate of my left arm. Well, it is better than sitting and waiting for something to happen. Then again, we do not know who our enemies are.

I walked along the surface of the container, taking my time with my hands behind my back.

"Sis, I'll race ya to the other side of the container! C'mon!"

She beckoned me to move faster by rushing forward by my side, but I just knew she was just being silly. I kept my pace. Then, she pushed me forward to increase my speed. I did as she willed but nothing more. She suddenly pushed me again. What does she want from me? I turned to argue...

... A massive fireball is heading toward us! I... It's huge! What are we going to do!? I turned to go off the side of the container to make it away from the estimated trajectory of the cargo hold, but Calai snatched my hand just before I almost fell off the side. I dangled forward, fleeting eyes identifying a long drop. I cannot even see the bottom!

"What're you doing, Sis!?"

Calai pulled me back, having me stumble back out of breath. Before I can even recollect myself, she pulled me onto my feet and down the path indicated earlier. I do not understand how she can be so fast and keep at her pace! I began to slow down... Maybe it is best she left me behind.

"Sis!"

I found myself face down against the surface. I was exhausted. Why? Why was I made this way? Why am I so pathetic!? Calai was running back to me

"C'mon!"

So much is happening. As simple as standing is, I cannot even do as such!

"Sis, bear with me."

Calai then lifted me up onto her arms. I wrapped my arms around her neck for something to hold onto as she sprinted forth. Her usual gentleness was nonexistent. It was like she did not see anything except the goal she kept in mind. I have seen this face before... but where? When?

The cargo hold gave one load groan as the fiery mass from the sky approached. Calai managed to only clear half of the whole cargo hold, and considering she has been running for over a minute...

Calai, you do not have to show me your determination anymore. Save yourself!

Suddenly, the floor flung us upward. Just this made both of our grasps onto each other tighter. We were so high. I could see every single crater around the Central Dome and especially CASTs who managed to survive each of them. Relief settled inside me. I hope to see them all again.

It was like we were floating. Raindrops continued to pelt my head. I pressed back to see Calai's face. She looked up to me and smiled back in return.

"... Sorry..."

Reality settled in. This was no romantic liftoff. Calai had to expend her legs just to cushion as much of the sudden lift. Physically, what she did was impossible. How? I pulled her in close to cradle her in my own arms. Why does she want to protect a useless heap of metal like me?

Raindrops started to appear like they were floating alongside us. Then, it was like they were dropping into the sky. It became dark all around except down below me.

Calai... I am glad to be with you in our time of elimination. Maybe it is fine knowing I will not be alone.

Sky below me. Orange above me. Dirt everywhere else. My crippled sister is in my arms.

"... Please, save us... alia..."

Ohoho~ Another retelling!

To a sense, I feel like this's like the 3rd arc or something for my story. Ufufu~

(Still feeling bad about what I did to John though T_T)
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!