Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Aha, that one is forced. Well i almost had in mind "how it comes Radeon is not having it"? Reason: Its forced, and Catalyst isnt currently offer a forced SSOA.

EDIT:
    As far as i can tell, the gain is very minor, but the impact on the performance can be huge. Dunno what to think, i need more comparisons. However, as long as the GPU isnt very powerful its bad deal for a very minor eye candy bonus. So i only recommend it for powerful GPUs who got to much of wasted power.

The stuff creating a "no" to me is this statement: some glitches and artifacts are to be expected. That would nullify its gain giving already 2 different drawbacks.
    1. Performance drop
    2. Possibly glitches/artifacts

Zyrusticae is always good for funny surprises, but i guess i would wait for a official implementation with better optimization, instead of forced stuff (which would hit Radeon too, so i can surely safely pass on getting Geforce for that single reason).
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 2, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

well, i turned on with highest quality and wandered around shop area and was like "wow, shadows inside shadows...." but i was getting like 10FPS with current hardware so i had to turn it off+^_^+ i like it and wants it, so ima fork out the little extra for a 560ti or better+^_^+

Prehaps it can even be forced on a Radeon (using some tool), but anyway, im not so sure i would wish to use it, considering its drawbacks and the rather minor gain in most cases.

i tried looking for a nvidia inspector like tool for Radeon and i couldn't find one at all, just an outdated tool that is of no use on PSO2, Radeon seems to have better hardware right now it seems, but Nvidia's got better tools and drivers+^_^+ maybe next year when i go to build my next machine maybe something will exist to change my mind, you know how tech is+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Oct 2, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Well anyway, just to say, the 7000 series was always equal to the 600 series from Nvidia and the 7970 at 1 GHz (stock spec) is able to beat the 680 GTX in most cases (not in PSO2 but in most other games). The reason why the Radeon was weaker at the beginning is because of its inferior drivers. So im glad that the truth has been revealed and many driver issues are finally fixed. I totaly expected it because i was aware of the issue.

The forced ambient occlusion (which is not much more than a weak layer of additional shading) is not much of a deal, as far as i can tell (i have hard time even to see the difference, and there is drawbacks). So, i would not worry about it to much. People should simply get what they enjoy.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 2, 2012 at 07:59 PM.