Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    For PSO2, what this will do is force people to rely on shops(I don't), not everyone likes a AH based economy(I don't) cause idiot pricing - and it will entice people to look for shop tickets, or go premium(see what I'm getting at?). Now you're at the mercy of drop rates, hoping that big ticket item drops so you can sell it for millions.
    Quite the opposite, so far all the players I know who are using premium atm is planing to stop being premium because they see no point to try to gain meseta anymore when all the future rare is self finding.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    Quite the opposite, so far all the players I know who are using premium atm is planing to stop being premium because they see no point to try to gain meseta anymore when all the future rare is self finding.
    As a premium member, let me be the fish that swims against the current. I bought premium because I wanted to support the game financially and don't really like the concept of putting $3 into a slot machine. Once I had premium I started making a lot more meseta. Lots more than I got from playing casually. (I play a solid 2-3 hours a night if I can and rarely 'farm.') The amount of FUN I had skyrocketed which meant more scratches which ended up in more music discs and other goods that rake in some nice meseta. Those will still be in the shops. I would sell 4-slot items with decent affixes from completing Matter Boards. Those will still be in the shops. A decent Gwana Soul can go for 10-15k (and higher!) on Ship 09 and beats the 1k you'd get from vendoring it. Those will always be in the shops.

I had never received a My Shop ticket until after I got premium (ironically, I've gotten 4 since), so without premium I couldn't sell any of that. I'd say my income quintupled after getting premium just from being able to sell "mundane" items. I never sold rares. Just good abilities, FUN scratch items, and the occasional male costume as fodder. All of which I'll still be able to sell without issue. Maybe this is small-fry money to the rest of you, I dunno. Conversely, that money being used to buy rares. It went into grinding and affixing (and buying the abilities I did need).

I just don't see how this deters someone from buying premium. Maybe for the 'hardcore, farm all day' types that make their money selling top rares for 6 million+, never relax in their room, and want no part of Team Storage, but not the casual gamer. And from my experience, the casuals are the ones who spend the most in the cash shops.

Bottom Line (tl;dr): this probably won't affect SEGAs bottom line too much.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

[quote=hbmizzle10;2865191]
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    That's what I was thinking, too. With super-high-end rares being untradable and unsellable, some people are never going to get their hands on one, what with PSO2's 1/35843394290389 chance of getting a red drop.

ur kidding about the drop rate thing.......right? it's not that low?
    psodc's drop rates were close to that xD well close to like 1/1mil or something on really good items. but that game was hacked to all hell so not like it mattered.

and the drop rates are not that bad in this game. ive literally found everything i use except for cruel flouga (which i bought cuz fuck tundra) and the calivari wing arm piece (sp)

Can anyone give their input on the hybrid classes? I know it is not out yet but draw your experience from PSU. I played as a Fighgunner way back when and felt like my damage was subpar compared to a full fledged hunter. I don't want to make the same mistake again when PSO2 releases in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Well, if we go off of just base stats, then sure, but it's a heck of a lot easier to +10 an Alva Calibur and Affix it than it is to do the same to that Ardillo.

And that Alva Calibur is also easier to equip because of lower requirements and much, much, more common. With the way the RNG in this game behaves, I think this would be a fair argument, wouldn't you agree?
    I'm not sure on affixing, but I believe someone out there had researched and found that +8 (which is really the furthest you go before your doodoo hell becomes poopoo hell) grinding a 8/9* weapon would yield a higher overall output compared to a +10 5* weapon because lol hidden ability boost (or something to the same effect as having more ability)

edit: Oh god I just re-read my post and burst out laughing xD poopoo hell, that's a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    As a premium member, let me be the fish that swims against the current. I bought premium because I wanted to support the game financially and don't really like the concept of putting $3 into a slot machine. Once I had premium I started making a lot more meseta. Lots more than I got from playing casually. (I play a solid 2-3 hours a night if I can and rarely 'farm.') The amount of FUN I had skyrocketed which meant more scratches which ended up in more music discs and other goods that rake in some nice meseta. Those will still be in the shops. I would sell 4-slot items with decent affixes from completing Matter Boards. Those will still be in the shops. A decent Gwana Soul can go for 10-15k (and higher!) on Ship 09 and beats the 1k you'd get from vendoring it. Those will always be in the shops.

I had never received a My Shop ticket until after I got premium (ironically, I've gotten 4 since), so without premium I couldn't sell any of that. I'd say my income quintupled after getting premium just from being able to sell "mundane" items. I never sold rares. Just good abilities, FUN scratch items, and the occasional male costume as fodder. All of which I'll still be able to sell without issue. Maybe this is small-fry money to the rest of you, I dunno. Conversely, that money being used to buy rares. It went into grinding and affixing (and buying the abilities I did need).

I just don't see how this deters someone from buying premium. Maybe for the 'hardcore, farm all day' types that make their money selling top rares for 6 million+, never relax in their room, and want no part of Team Storage, but not the casual gamer. And from my experience, the casuals are the ones who spend the most in the cash shops.

Actually its quite the opposite. the people who buy the cash shop items are people who would play enough to require 2 characters, tweak enough to require multiple skill trees, collect enough rares to warrant premium storage etc.

Part of the appeal of having meseta for these players is being able to spend it to buy things for their character, and if the rares they want aren't available then there is little incentive to make meseta. If a player has to grind for thier drop, they are more likely just to get the money needed to power it up in the 300 hours it will take them to find it, even with reduced vendor trash rates. And after that what do you need money for?if they want to sell stuff they can probably wait until they get a 3 days ticket, not like they're in a rush to get money until they find the rare they want.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGoose View Post
    Can anyone give their input on the hybrid classes? I know it is not out yet but draw your experience from PSU. I played as a Fighgunner way back when and felt like my damage was subpar compared to a full fledged hunter. I don't want to make the same mistake again when PSO2 releases in North America.
    Some hybrid classes will be better than others, but none of them should be "gimped" (as none of the base classes themselves are "gimped" in any way).

Fighgunner should actually work fairly well in this game, especially with the way chaining works (which I believe is weapon-independent).

FO/GU hybrid.

I don't even--

(and yes, I do know someone planning this)

I just realized how incredibly stupid limiting 10* rares and lv.11+ discs is...

Because now the only things with any level of demand are going to be certain 8-9* rares, units with certain affixes, and FUN/AC items. And that's it.

So AC items are proooobably going to go up in price even more as a result of players having fewer options to purchase with their meseta.

Grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter...

(Though this depends on just how severely they curtail vendor prices...)

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    My only concern with this is that they're only slowing down the speed at which we build money. The way things seem with me is that, while this probably will indeed lower prices....won't prices still slowly increase? It's just that each individual Meseta is worth more. *shrugs* At any rate, speculation on this won't do much, other than either infuriate the community more or.....I don't even think there is an alternative in this case, actually. >_>;
    No, see, the way it works is... money faucets (or generators, like selling to vendors) have to be balanced against money sinks (like grinding and affixing, which are the biggest ones atm) to keep the money supply constant. Currently, the faucets are pouring out an incredibly high amount of money that the sinks simply cannot absorb.

As it is, they probably still need to add a bigger market tax to increase the amount of meseta going out of the economy.
    Last edited by Zyrusticae; Oct 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post

This is why many of people I know not plan to get shop/premium anymore:

For casual players:
    -really, unless he/she is someone who buy AC scracth items to sell it. His shop won't really profit him much anyway. because he won't gain enough rares/items to sell. and even if he luckily get something.. it is cheap. So the shop option won't really help much to worth it. he probably get more by selling Ac scratch.

For hardcore players:
    You will gain enough meseta to grind your rare during the time you spend on finding that rare anyway. So there is really no point to try to keep a lot of meseta anymore. So no longer need to have a shop. (and I think most hardcore now already have over 40 mil anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    As it is, they probably still need to add a bigger market tax to increase the amount of meseta going out of the economy.
    Yes, increase tax could work too. and I don't mind if they available 10* weapon to sell, even thought they may set it with 100% tax price. (so it will burn the meseta off from the rich players)
    Last edited by Arika; Oct 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server