Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    Or (and this is just a thought here) stop being so GREEDY.
    Asking that of any virtual economy is like trying to squeeze water from a rock.

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    Or (and this is just a thought here) stop being so GREEDY.

Edit: On 2nd thought the only reason people buy stuff from player shops is that they cant find it in the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
    Asking that of any virtual economy is like trying to squeeze water from a rock.
    If Sega made the grinding process a little easier maybe people wouldn't rely on the player shop so much. Stopping the problem where it starts.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

You know why the economy sucks? The Recycle shop.
    If they got rid of it and just made everything on the recycle shop into AC/FUN items, the economy would drastically improve.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

"You can now trade AC items to the recycle sho-

/clothing goes from 1050 meseta to 100k over night before the actual update.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Simply put, the economy sucks because it pretty much favours the lucky on a terrible RNG system.

Most people have bad luck finding rares.
    Most people have bad luck grinding rares.

The solution? Buy the item from the player shop by just farming the meseta to buy it, as that's infinitely faster unless you're really lucky. I recently bought a +10 Gramasciento with Spirita Boost, Technique III and Ragne Soul for 6,300,000 million, which is way more than the meseta I've earned trying to just hunt it, so I'd say it's quite worth it.

If things actually dropped and grinding was made realistic, people would be less reliant on the player shop and this "inflation" wouldn't occur due to less demand.

An't that the truth.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

The whole 'people lose the thrill of finding the rares themselves' goes straight out the window when you can't trade rares.

In the original PSO, I don't think anyone got all the rares they wanted, they usually ended up getting something that someone else wanted and traded.

This all sounds like 'having your cake and eating it too' nonsense to make the game stretch with monotony.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Simply put, the economy sucks because it pretty much favours the lucky on a terrible RNG system.

Most people have bad luck finding rares.
    Most people have bad luck grinding rares.

The solution? Buy the item from the player shop by just farming the meseta to buy it, as that's infinitely faster unless you're really lucky. I recently bought a +10 Gramasciento with Spirita Boost, Technique III and Ragne Soul for 6,300,000 million, which is way more than the meseta I've earned trying to just hunt it, so I'd say it's quite worth it.

If things actually dropped and grinding was made realistic, people would be less reliant on the player shop and this "inflation" wouldn't occur due to less demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    The whole 'people lose the thrill of finding the rares themselves' goes straight out the window when you can't trade rares.

In the original PSO, I don't think anyone got all the rares they wanted, they usually ended up getting something that someone else wanted and traded.

This all sounds like 'having your cake and eating it too' nonsense to make the game stretch with monotony.
    Two good points made already. The Scratch Card system hasn't helped things much either. Even if you pay for the ARK Cash there nothing to say your going to get the item you want. Which leads to people looking for it on player shops.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

My main two problems with this game is that 1. rares are bound on equip. Basically prices would probably be a lot cheaper if people could sell their old gear back into the economy, I mean if you manage to pick up a rare, you're at least going to try it out. So you can either test it out, or sell it for money to other players who are looking for it. As people who are looking for it obviously aren't putting their items back on the market, that means the only weapons on the market in the first place are from people looking to profit from their luck.

And 2. The drop rates are down right shitty. I can't even remember how many runs I spent trying to find a strause rifle. Some where between 30-40 runs and that took me way beyond the threshold of the game being remotely fun anymore. It just made me mad at life (and sega) going though the same grey/brown level by myself over and over and over again. Rares being rare gives a sense of satisfaction to the game, but PSO2 is really beyond madness when a 7☆ rifle, that's not even the strongest around is freaking rarer than blue diamonds. I ended up running the level so many times that I had one million accumulated from all of the random shit i sold the NPC (and a couple of random rares), that I was able to buy one from the shop.

So the new changes go further to ruin the horrible system that's already in place. Get rid of the locking weapons to accounts so they can be sold back into the economy keeping prices in check. And make drops reasonable so that people can play the game they want to play and not be forced to buy it from player shops. Getting rid of the ability to buy/sell and trade rares completely destroys the point of playing the game in an online community. And for Sega it also negates reasons for people to buy premium sets to be able to sell items in their shop. This is a really stupid decision for a company that's already two hairs short of being apes.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

^this and this,

Sega needs to add straight prices on the AC item's and not a Scratch/Lottery. Some item's be worth more then other's ...ie. a wedding dress $15 a rappy suit $3....in the future newer thing's being even $30. Ether way people will pay for it but won't have problems with Measta Inflation.

But they could cap the prices on item's based on there appearance rate's that way item's worth is base on there rarity. So putting a Cap limit of 1mil (an example) at first only dropping based on rarity and having Sega increasing that cap every time we have a lv increase (now it would be like 3mil), Instead of not being able to trade or sell them.

So like Grinder's and the like won't be like 100K for one or having worry about AC item's being insane amount of $. Everything else would be on rarity rate's, having us focus more on upgrading to Doodoo the Evil Voodoo Witch Doctor ( renamed to Dudu in a newer patch I guess it's because he's a peice of crap ). Thought's
    Last edited by Omega-z; Oct 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM.