Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Alena Zouryx View Post
    Me, and my personal reasoning is a few posts back.
    Yeah, but I don't know you.

You're free to go ahead with your choice, though.

(since you can switch it anytime)

Now, does anyone know if Wand Gear is affected by <insert element here> masteries?

I don't see the point in going TE/FO.
    You sacrifice the tech power you could have gotten going FO/TE for beefyness you could have gotten a better dose of getting TE/HU TE/FI.

if i was fomar i would consider maining techer, for good s def
    but as foney i probably just main force for even more t atk with rods

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I don't see the point in going TE/FO.
    You sacrifice the tech power you could have gotten going FO/TE for beefyness you could have gotten a better dose of getting TE/HU TE/FI.
    It is a question of scale in general. The difference between the amount of defense in the Techer/Force combination and the Techer/[insert hunter class] combination is tiny because the subclass stats are multiplied by 0.2. So unless you are making use of Guard Stance (which makes sense since it does not decrease tech), it is hard to argue that the decrease in tech makes up for the increase in defense. Yes, the decrease in tech is about equally nothing, especially in the case of the high T-atk of Fighter, but I am biased by the idea that I will hit things more than be hit.

But it does bring up an interesting point that proper use of Brave and Wise stance is a larger multiplier than the 2 tech charge advances unless you want to use a type of tech you fully Mastered as Force (read as Fire techniques). I will assume the need for PP Charge Revival is minimized by the use of melee to do fast damage without spells.
    Last edited by Pillan; Oct 7, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

things to keep in mind:
    FI has sdef in their skill tree, TE and FO do not. if you're not subbing HU/FI and still want the best units, it's gonna have to all come from your mag. including the 14(now)~16?(at 50) gap in base subclass stats.

otoh, FO offers up extra TATK ups, which would make it easier to equip best weapons.
    [prediction- based on current patterns, vita 2s will require 569, and rares low 600s]
    (while i'm mentioning tiny numbers, FI's silly high base tech is gonna mean a gap of 7~8? tatk from raw subclass stats)

SATk contributes to a techer's damage - not as much as tatk - but it's there.
    FI also has more HP than FO. (although, subbed, this is gonna be insignificant)

i think that for people who actually enjoy swinging the wand fighter is the better sub.
    or you can sub FO and pretend you're a FO with a teeny tiny bit less tatk that wears sdef units instead. *shrug*

Warcry+Guard Stance+Deband+Deband Cut does not seem a bad idea neither...
    But since it's TE/FO or FO/TE discussion I guess I'll do both actually, change to the other when I feel bored or a specific defense is needed.

TE/FO here. (loved my FOmarl)

I like the constant damage and less downtime i can achieve. But i like the versitility of this more then anything. Being able to whack stuff and cast techs is just oh so awesome. If the new techs and weapons are techer friendly, i'd be even happier.

Wish i would have gotten normal and JA tech advance though...... That combo and the usual stuff from the fire tree would make a better TE/FO
    Last edited by Hentai_Kittie; Oct 8, 2012 at 01:23 AM.
    rawr! =^~^=

really depents on how each skill tree is set up I mean if my skill tree was like say

This for FO
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OI2dKIkfbncAIk

and this for TE
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OI2kbdxfGAGAJl

Id say go TE/FO (both tree imply your level 50/50)

but if my trees were like this

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...2GBI22XIkfbnbi (Force)

and

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OI2GB2XIknIGA6 (techer)

then I'd do FO/TE as my trees are build around doing as much DPS with techs as I could

I'm really confused. Why does it matter which one you level up first?

Mixae: Ship 2
    o(≧▼≦○〃パンチ

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

TE/FO is more Balanced in Def & Atk stat's Compared to FO/TE's more raw TAtk power, Tdef & distance attacks.

Carillon - SAtk does as much as TAtk for a Techer.

ShilohSham - Tech Charge Adv. (since it boosts Charged Tech's and Wand is a Charged Gear and not a Tech) won't help with Wand's damage......so not as helpful unless your trying to be FO/TE instead.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Oct 8, 2012 at 06:29 PM.