Default Phantasy Star Online EP 1 & 2 (GC) Anyone still play??

hey everyone im new to the forums, just wanted to post a question... does anyone still play episode I & II online? is it even still possible for gamecube? me and my roommates all have a cube and want to do this game but im wondering if they still offer support.

also, is there still a monthly fee? i havent played in years and i need to go back and get the game but if anyone could help id greatly appreciate it, thanks!

The official servers for PSO GC were shut down some time ago. You all could still play split screen though. I've also heard there is a private server that supports online play on the GC; but you have to search for that yourself.

The servers have gone down years ago.

I'm not sure if they still do it, but there is a server that offers support for DC, PC, GC and PSOBB.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

yeah i figured it would have been closed... and im sure discussing any private server stuff is illegal, it is on most forums at least. but this split screen option, would this work with 3 players?? or just 2 on the same gamecube? its been so long, but i love this game!

The GameCube has four ports for controllers and pretty every multiplayer game made for it uses or supports up to four controls.

This isn't current generation gaming where two player is the max the console could process. It's funny, as advanced as both PS3 and Xbox 360 claim to be, most games made for them utilize two players on one screen at a time.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I wish SEGA would re-release PSO on the 3DS like Nintendo did with Ocarina of Time. They could easily port it over, even if they don't incorporate 3D (which would be cool). I didn't care too much for PS Zero but I did like the use of the lower screen for inv, map, etc.
    Just think of all the people who would buy it all over again. PSO would be really sick on a 3DS.