Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegea View Post
    Sorry, not spending any money for what is essentially a scratch-off ticket. Even other F2P games don't stoop to that level.
    Then again, there are plenty of permanent, non-roulette items, such as inventory space, extra talent pages, mag licenses...

Not everything in this game revolves around chance.

All this being said, I'd spend a little bit of money on things if I had the means; not everyone has those means, however.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Even other F2P games don't stoop to that level.
    You've never heard of ZT Online...

Anyway, I'm a Premium user. I'm not a "rich asshat" (well, not in-game) but I do enjoy the benefits of Premium. I paid $15 per month of WoW (after buying the game and expansions). I paid $10 per month for PSU initally (and got banned for it). I don't see a problem tossing $15 a month for Premium here in PSO2, especially since I'm not really buying other entertainment at home. The game was free, so that's like 4 months free in my book.

Now, you don't have to buy AC Scratches to make money. FC drops sell for like, 300 meseta. In a player shop you could sell them for 1050 minimum and it sells. People need Mag food. People need affixes. Put Power III on a 1* item and sell it. Sure if you want to get rich quick you might need some AC Scratches to get whatever kawaii costume is the current rave, but paying enough for a My Shop (not even all of premium!) would allow anyone to participate in the economy.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    Is paying a lil bit really THAT bad? The way I see it is if you dont want to invest any real money into a FREE game that was GIVEN to you for FREE then you have no right to complain.

If we are going by social class now then I sit around the middle class. Not poor but not rich either.

I have not spent more than 30 dollars on this game since it was released. Now if you think about it 30 bucks isn't ****. Especially if you have a job or some type of income. The game is FREE and I have enjoyed it VERY much so giving Sega a lil bit of my money doesn't hurt since i'm actually having a good time with their product.

Now, if you know what you are doing 30 bucks can get you great gear and some nice clothes (if you are a female char). Right now I have the best spear and sword money can buy along with the best Hu units in the game (the 8* ones) fully grinded with all the "must have" abilities this goes for both my spear and sword as well along with having my spear at 50fire and my sword now at 30dark. Now you know how expensive that is.

So seriously people that complain about not having any money and having crappy gear don't really have a right to complain. People who just want to play for FREE shouldn't have the luxury of having the best stuff in the game, period.

I'm the perfect example that you dont need to spend a TON of money on this game to get nice things. Just a little bit of your money (mostly to buy a shop VERY important) will get you VERY far.
    Can't buy AC, got no methods available to do so.

Man, I don't even give a toss anymore. I don't buy those overpriced themed outfits, I don't buy those overpriced rares - I'm sitting on 8m meseta right now and I'm just not even bothering to spend any of it because, hey, why should I?

Frankly, it's better to just keep trying to farm for rares and maybe, eventually, after a lot of time, you'll be able to buy one off the market if the RNG is THAT bad for you... but they're not even that great in the first place, particularly considering 5 or 6* uncommons are only a slight amount weaker and cost a fraction of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Man, I don't even give a toss anymore. I don't buy those overpriced themed outfits, I don't buy those overpriced rares - I'm sitting on 8m meseta right now and I'm just not even bothering to spend any of it because, hey, why should I?

Frankly, it's better to just keep trying to farm for rares and maybe, eventually, after a lot of time, you'll be able to buy one off the market if the RNG is THAT bad for you... but they're not even that great in the first place, particularly considering 5 or 6* uncommons are only a slight amount weaker and cost a fraction of the price.
    That's pretty much how I feel, and the one time I stepped out of that philosophy I lost 1-2 mil trying to grind up an 8* weapon (to no avail, mind you) and send back to my 5*.

But... 10* items seem to have godly grind rates. マダムノアマガサ, the 10* umbrella Sword, goes from 446 S-atk to 843 at +10. マジカルウォンド, the 10* heart Wand, goes from 270/285 S-atk/T-atk to 513/541 according to one of the wikis (or 580/585... the wiki contradicts itself). Assuming you magically get it to +10, other released items don't even compare right now. Hopefully 6*s change that. Hopefully.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post

My problem is a bit different as I have no problem hunting for my own rares.
    The only things I would buy here and there would be a disc I just can't get because the game gives me 5000000000 of let's say Megid level 10 when I want Zonde level 10 or something.
    And then the clothes and/or accessories as I obviously can't hunt those in a mission.

Sorry, not spending any money for what is essentially a scratch-off ticket. Even other F2P games don't stoop to that level.
    Though I understand that, but if you actual READ my post you would have noticed that I never mention the use of the scratch tickets...

You dont get "my shops" from there

That's all you really need to get rich (a shop) if you know what you're doing.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    Though I understand that, but if you actual READ my post you would have noticed that I never mention the use of the scratch tickets...

You dont get "my shops" from there

That's all you really need to get rich (a shop) if you know what you're doing.
    How does that help with those in this situation though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirokami View Post
    Can't buy AC, got no methods available to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    How does that help with those in this situation though?
    The first time I bought AC was through the official site (back when they allowed us to buy AC with our normal debit/credit cards). The Second time was with Webmoney. It was a rather easy and painless experience. It was a lil more expensive though.

Cult of Cast Supremacy Raven5_1's Avatar

Um... as an outsider looking in(waiting for the EU/NA release), this whole thing is scaring me off to a degree.

I play games for fun and stress relief and I'm on a limited income. to me this is sounding more and more like Grind like crazy to win or Pay to Win/Pay to look good, than Free to Play.

it's probably unfounded concerns, as I haven't played the game and have no real experience with what's going on but still... you guys make it sound as if PSO2 is not fun unless you have cash.