Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

I like how all of you think.

I, on the other hand, believe Very Hard is, indeed, Very Hard. Perhaps Ridiculously Hard would be more like it.

Why? One word:

Rareception.

It's like, "Yo dawg, we heard you like probability, so we put rare items on your rare mobs so you can hunt rares while you hunt rares."

And it's not like a good bunch of this stuff can be traded either. (Granted, I want Brisaxe/Lambda Aristein and it CAN be traded, but still.)

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Was PSO every about anything but the rares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    I like how all of you think.

I, on the other hand, believe Very Hard is, indeed, Very Hard. Perhaps Ridiculously Hard would be more like it.

Why? One word:

Rareception.

It's like, "Yo dawg, we heard you like probability, so we put rare items on your rare mobs so you can hunt rares while you hunt rares."

And it's not like a good bunch of this stuff can be traded either. (Granted, I want Brisaxe/Lambda Aristein and it CAN be traded, but still.)

Seems i've been playing and loving the franchise for all the wrong reasons huh. No I don't hunt for rares, I usually just get them by surprise while i'm enjoying the actual gameplay. Wether it's in a mission, a MPA or time attack. I never play with the idea in my mind of finding a rare. I do however feel joy when I find one though.

And besides, all these rares have no purpose beside showing off anyway(in the current state). I've seen the high damage thread. Numbers around 10k, 20k. That's great and all, but what's the point beside the bosses(10/20% of the game?)? What's the purpose of a powerful rare beside that? Just for cosmetics and collection?

Anyway it's hilarious to think that V.hard doesn't stand for the game's difficulty but for increasing the difficulty of finding rares. The sad part is that it may actually be true.

What I also find sad is that people complained about not being able to reach a mere number fast (the high experience issue, which was a fair complaint) resulting them to change it within a day, while such a fundamental issue is getting so little attention. I'm kind of astonished really.
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Oct 17, 2012 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    While this is true, it's also not true. And before anyone jumps on me for saying that, I'll explain. PSO1 was very hard your first time through each difficulty starting at hard. The monsters could stagger you and they didn't idle at all with long winded animations(besides maybe sorc in ruins) or able to be knocked out (there was a handful that could actually be knocked on the ground), starting on hard from normal two or three hits was all it took for a death, and anything above hard mode they quickly surround you after doing so which was even more fatal if they did. In this instance you would actually want them to knock you on the ground (if you're caught)so you get a free way out of getting hit more than once and have a chance to heal. You actually had to position yourself to where you could fight and not be overwhelmed by sheer numbers, or just raw power from getting smacked with low gear on. Now, PSO2 is completely different in difficulty being that, well, there is none. Unlike PSO1, when I entered hard mode, and very hard, I just waltzed in and roflstomped everything without breaking a sweat, so to speak. Whereas PSO1 I'm pretty sure I remember feeling like I'm constantly in danger, which I was. Now, I'm stressing that I am strictly talking about when you first enter these difficulties, not after you're decked out in high grind high quality rares and god abilties etc.

With that said, I don't think they can really change the way the difficulty is with out destroying part of what makes this game. The way it's built is to just run around and blow everything up very fast, weak bullet being around in a multiparty is a testament to that. But I really wish they would just give all enemies super armor like the gunner, meaning unable to be knocked down by heavy attacks even while you're attacking for those that don't already know what it is. I think that'd spice things up a bit...if they didnt explode within a few sec from 12 peeps going off on em.
    Thank you. It's so anoying hearing over and over again how it was the same in PSO1 while it was not.

PSO1 had a reasonable challenge starting from normal forest already, and from there on it consistently raised towards each next area. So the issue of the game being "too" easy wasn't there to begin with.

Sometimes it's like people talk without any experience with the first game, because very hard was not the same as normal and hard like that's the case in PSO2. The changes were basic, but that's beside the point. The mode did at least feel like a change. I guess it may be true that most of the community exist of PSU players

Quote Originally Posted by SolRiver View Post
    I'm waiting for something like ultimate mode seabed and central control tower (inside tower).
    PW4!!!