Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Sword Art Online

Just loving this anime. I will not go and read the novels as I do not want to spoil any of it. The direction it's taking halfway through the series is just mind-blowing.

I rarely like anime, and when I do I'm incredibly picky but this anime has had me hooked since episode 1, and I love the very seamless mix of drama, action, and light-hearted fun. It's not cheesy (like fairy tail) and it has very real concepts in a lot of the episodes that can either really jerk tears or really get you thinking (especially in regards to MMORPG's, haha).

Any other SAO fans?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

It really should've ended that last episode...

Admittedly though, that coma wedding rapist pedophile does piss me off. So that makes him a good villian.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

See, I actually thought "Wait, did they just truncate the plan and end the series here?". Everything about it screamed final episode. However...bringing up the new episode, new intro...I was actually excited. To see the action progress beyond SAO. I'm glad they brought in the cousin as well. Never have I geeked out so much over an anime, it's absurd.

Just starting it myself, pretty neat. It's like a darker .hack with less confusion. Has a good balance of everything.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Seriously though, I don't want a perverted pedo monster allowed access to the same room as my coma virtual waifu.

How is he gonna go in the game again and look for her without having to worry about getting coma netorare'd?

Also they seemed to have stepped up the fantasy image... In a bad way in my opinion, everyone being elves now doesn't help.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I just started watching this as well and it's pretty cool.

I've also got another anime sitting on the back-burner that sounds like it's in the same vein. Accel World, if anyone is interested.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sephirah; Oct 15, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height. The image in your signature was 267 pixels tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirah View Post

I've also got another anime sitting on the back-burner that sounds like it's in the same vein. Accel World, if anyone is interested.
    I finished Accel World and it doesn't hold a candle to SAO. It's neat, but it's a little bit too cliche and cheesey, dialogue especially (dialogue is very "Brock" in that they explain every little detail, they leave no stone un-turned to jog your curiousity). Also the main character is not quite as like-able as Kirito unfortunately, although Yukihime is pretty parallel in cool factor to Asuna. In the end none of the issues ever progress past superficial first world high school problems. SAO made that impossible off the bat by making death an element of the game.

There is also very little actual drama in Accel World that legitamately grips you. It's heavy on the action and dialogue, light on plot and actual substance. SAO is way deeper.

If you've watched episode 3 of SAO and didn't at least have a sour face on by the end of it you aren't human.

I've seen a little preview of the elven stuff and I'm sure there's a reason for it (IE different game, same network with those still logged to SAO), we'll have to see. So far I have much faith in the series to put good foundation in to what it does.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirah View Post

AW sucks if you ask me. The first 12 episodes were awesome but the whole second 12 epsiodes really made me start to hate it. I did watch it till the end in hope for a 3rd season/arc but without any lucky, it just ended after 24 episodes. I really hated that stuff with Dusk Taker, and it takes alot for me to dislike a anime, cause so far any I seen is awesome to me.

SAO however is something I really loved watching, more then anything else, but I also have my doubts how its turning out now with the last episode. I'm also not sure if I can get used to the elf idea and a second world. Kiroto doesnt look badass anymore and thats what I liked so much about him, hes just some happy chibi elf now. And then there is Asuna...I just like he alot so I don't like this force mariage stuff either...Why didn't Kiroto just punch him in the face and be done with it.

Edit: Most members in my Team on PSO2 are SAO fans and we wait patiently every saturday for a new episode, aside for one person who gets it a few hours earlier due to being subcribed to CrunchyRoll...what an ass :3
    Last edited by Ce'Nedra; Oct 15, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I finished Accel World and it doesn't hold a candle to SAO. It's neat, but it's a little bit too cliche and cheesey, dialogue especially (dialogue is very "Brock" in that they explain every little detail, they leave no stone un-turned to jog your curiousity). Also the main character is not quite as like-able as Kirito unfortunately, although Yukihime is pretty parallel in cool factor to Asuna. In the end none of the issues ever progress past superficial first world high school problems. SAO made that impossible off the bat by making death an element of the game.

There is also very little actual drama in Accel World that legitamately grips you. It's heavy on the action and dialogue, light on plot and actual substance. SAO is way deeper.

If you've watched episode 3 of SAO and didn't at least have a sour face on by the end of it you aren't human.

I've seen a little preview of the elven stuff and I'm sure there's a reason for it (IE different game, same network with those still logged to SAO), we'll have to see. So far I have much faith in the series to put good foundation in to what it does.
    Ah like I said it's just sitting on my back-burner so I haven't actually watched it yet. If you wanna see an anime that will make you cringe and is also amazing, check out Speed Grapher. This one I have seen the whole series of and can put my stamp of approval on. (Has nothing to do with videogames though)
    Images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height. The image in your signature was 267 pixels tall.

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Haven't watched an anime in quite some time nor do they really interest me anymore, but it sounds like this is a .hack clone or something