Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Question about Grinding

Hello World,

I have been navigating these forums and I'm starting to finally get into the higher level's before the caps (30's to 40's) plus my subclass etc. I been saving grinders in classic original PSO style. Now that I have tons of grinders and money i started grinding my Clock (the force rod ). My question is, I'm reading here that some of you folks are grinding some of your weapons to +10? How is that possible? Do you just need to throw a ton of grinders and money at them? I know there are AC items to make them grind safely, but thats not currently an option. My armor stays safe the entire time I'm grinding them and I got them up to +10. However, my clock right now is max +5 because the fear is that it is dangerous and the penalty is -2 grind and I'm lucky to have even got it up +5 in the first place.

Is it just based on the item? Because like its a 9 star rare so I would assume that it would be heavily grindable.

Anywho, any answers would be greatly appreciated. If this has been mentioned previously, link away. Thanks ^.^

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Have to keep going and going till it finnaly gets to +10. Its a long course (specially if you are at +9 and it fails and goes -3) but its doable. Just prepare to spend alot of money and grinders. I also suggest to do it after you updated your PSO today cause the grinding prices might have dropped.

Also the grind protects only protect it if you weapon would be grinded negative when failing (-1, -2, -3). Some prople think it will just make the grind never fail but that's not true.

Also, the more stars (rarity) a weapon or unit has the harder it will be to +10. I can only imagine how 10* weapons/units would grind *sudders*

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Subarashii un ga nai na, kimi wa.

How come sometimes it says -1 or -3 if it fails, but sometimes it doesn't drop at all? I've failed at +9 plenty of times without seeing it fall after failing o.o
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    How come sometimes it says -1 or -3 if it fails, but sometimes it doesn't drop at all? I've failed at +9 plenty of times without seeing it fall after failing o.o
    Dont complain, just accept it.

It's the highest possible drop value. I've had a -3 drop -2, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokami View Post
    Subarashii un ga nai na, kimi wa.
    ^ I see some words I understand and some i dont. Can someone translate lol.

Thanks all for your help. I'm just gonna do my best and try and get my stuff to +10 via throwing grinders and money at it. Thanks so much for all of your answers. I feel like this needs to formally explained somewhere =P

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclearrow View Post

Thanks all for your help. I'm just gonna do my best and try and get my stuff to +10 via throwing grinders and money at it. Thanks so much for all of your answers. I feel like this needs to formally explained somewhere =P
    Pay attention to Doo Doo when you fail at grinding ^w^

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclearrow View Post
    "You have absolutely no luck, son. *laughs in your face*" See spoiler for a video of someone attempting this.
    Spoiler!

So when can I actually punch Doodoo?

Anyways, just save up about 500k or something and 700 grinder and start fighting with Doodoo. Sooner or later you'll get it to +10.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I say it's not worth grinding when you get into red warning with -2 grind. Anything before that isn't so bad, but once you hit that spot, it's really hard to get levels. Probably not worth it.
    If you use a 5* weapon with 402 required atk, that's pretty easy to get to +10, and provides a huge boost. I always just stick to those, and probably will until I find some amazing 10*s.