Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumors....

Default Rumors....

Well, I'm always googling stuff and what not and came across a couple posts in odd forums that suggest that SEGA and Sony may be collaboration on a PS4 version of PSO2, and that they are working on compatibility and conversion issues, but i can not seem to find a source to either prove or disprove this+^_^+ so i ask of you, use them superior then mine Google skills and find some news, yes?+^_^+
    Spoiler!

one such post+^_^+ I've found another sourceless but similar post somewhere else too, but can't remember+^_^+

and the source is his uncle in SEGA right
    where did i hear that story again...
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

likely or not, a PS4 version of PSO2 sounds pretty great. but that also would go against the "PSO2 won't appear on consoles" thing said awhile back. maybe something changed though.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

This is about the same level as that Xbox 360 release on that one site.

Let Sega announce it if true.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Considering all the compatibility and conversion issues introduced with the Vita release, I don't really want them to put it on a third platform.

I like the idea in principle, but I'm not sure it would actually be implemented very well, and the truth is there is a very real difference between console players and PC players. You're going to run into a whole lot more 12 year olds if this thing hits consoles, especially considering it's F2P.

Anyone remember the PSU demo on xbox? Picture that, except on a way larger scale because this would be more than just a demo. It's the whole game for free.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I like the idea in principle, but I'm not sure it would actually be implemented very well, and the truth is there is a very real difference between console players and PC players. You're going to run into a whole lot more 12 year olds if this thing hits consoles, especially considering it's F2P.

Anyone remember the PSU demo on xbox? Picture that, except on a way larger scale because this would be more than just a demo. It's the whole game for free.

I know a lot of people dread the younger crowd these days, however, weren't a good deal of us the dreaded 12-18 crowd during the glory days of PSO DC, GC, or Xbox? I know I just turned 16 when I finally went online with the gamecube version for the first time.

I know Immaturity sucks but I rather like to have more diversity. Get all pokemon up in here.(You teach me and I'll teach you)

Anyways as much as people probably want to shank me for this line of thought. I think PSO2, as it is now, would do much better on the Wii U.

The game difficulty is just right for it to attract hoards of these new family friendly casuals. While the clothes might turn some parents off most of them I think wouldn't mind it. And I think the "Newer" gamers would love the huge emphasis on appearances and would find the current release schedule for content just their speed.

Well, whatever consul sega does or doesn't decide on.(PS3 or 4 still the most likely) I think whoever, sega or otherwise, gets the first free to download and free to play mmorpg on consul stands to make millions. Since Sega were the ones who paved the path for normal MMORPGs I still hold out hope they will once again take up that charge.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

Nah, the Woo's already got DQX and Monster Hunter. Japan's console online RPG market needs nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post

But we was that age when the first PSO came out.

Probably not going to happen. But PS4 is pretty much built like a gaming pc with an x86-64 architecture. So it might not be too hard to port.
    Last edited by Kion; Jul 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: derp